Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,304 members, 7,957,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:53 PM

Mourinho Ready To Stay With Manchester United For 15 Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Ready To Stay With Manchester United For 15 Years (305 Views)

Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea / Real Madrid Player Gareth Bale Could Move To Manchester United For €150 / Jose Mourinho Ready To Sign New £65million Five-year Manchester United Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Ready To Stay With Manchester United For 15 Years by bouncenews2: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2017
Source: [url] http://news.bounce.ng/Content/mourinho-ready-to-stay-with-manchester-united-for-15-years-20170719[/url]

Though Mourinho is wishing for a long and successful stay at Old Trafford, he is modest enough to accept that outshining Sir Alex Ferguson is a tough call
While Antonio Conte has just signed a new two-year deal with Chelsea, Jose Mourinho has declared that he is willing to pledge his next fifteen years working for the Red Devils.

The Portuguese tactician has only spent a season at Old Trafford and he led United to three trophies – the Europa League, EFL Cup and Community Shield – in his first campaign.

Mourinho, 54, now suggests that he is prepared for 15 more years at the helm at United, but accepts success is a must.

"I am ready for this. I am ready for the next 15, I would say. Here? Yes, why not?" he told ESPN FC.

"I have to admit that it is very difficult because of the pressure around our jobs, everybody putting pressure on managers and things that people say – that we have to win, but in reality only one can win and every year it is getting more difficult.

"But what I try to do in the club is show that my work goes further than the football results, that it goes to areas that people don't think of as a manager's job. In my vision, my job is much more than what I do on the pitch and the results that my team gets at the weekend.

Though Mourinho is wishing for a long successful stay with United, the former Chelsea boss believes there is little chance of matching Sir Alex Ferguson's record.

"I think Sir Alex's career is unique. I don't think it is possible to emulate," Mourinho said.

"Nobody is going to be in the same club for so many years, be in the same league for so many years.

"I think [Arsene] Wenger will be the last with a similar story in terms of staying at a club for so many years" he said.

Visit https://bounce.ng/source/806307247 for more sports updates.

Re: Mourinho Ready To Stay With Manchester United For 15 Years by JuniorReev: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Ah
But why??
shocked

(1) (Reply)

What Nigerian Graduates Should Know About Information Age / Questionable Refereeing The Focus Of Manchester City's 1-1 Draw With Everton / Everton Star, Wayne Rooney Retires From England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.