Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Zeepay, Claudia Lumor, My Home Teacher & Kantanka Automobile Win Big At Ghana St - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zeepay, Claudia Lumor, My Home Teacher & Kantanka Automobile Win Big At Ghana St (307 Views)

Innocent Chukwuma, Africa’s Automobile Giant / Femi Otedola's First Automobile As A Kid In Throwback Photo / How I Made My First Million From The Comfort Of My Home In Two Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zeepay, Claudia Lumor, My Home Teacher & Kantanka Automobile Win Big At Ghana St by Opinionated: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
By Prince Akpah

The 2017 Premium Bank Ghana Startup Awards, which came off at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra, has awarded the most outstanding Startups in Ghana in an exclusive event which had an unprecedented participation of over 700 entrepreneurs, ecosystem players and stakeholders from across Ghana.

Picking the top most awards were Zeepay Ghana and Claudia Lumor who were adjudged the Startup and Startup Entrepreneur of the Year respectively with My Home Teacher picking 2 awards in the Education and Student Startup of the Year categories

The event, which was graced by the Managing Director of Premium Bank, Kwasi Tumi also had representatives from the Ghana Investment Promotion Council, Registrar Generals Department, Youth Enterprise Support, KPMG, members of the awards Jury and other dignitaries.

In a speech delivered by, Ekow Mensah, CEO of The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) and organisers of the awards, he shared that the awards is a giant step in the right direction in giving startups the needed exposure, public recognition and support in their pursuit of building big businesses. He further expressed his excitement about the partnership between Premium Bank and TANOE in supporting awardees through The HelpStation initiative.

The Ceremony was also used to outdoor the 2017 members of the Ghana Startup Club 100, a prestigious list that outlines the 100 Most Outstanding Startups in Ghana.

5 Media firms, Business & Financial Times, Joy 99.7FM, TV3 Business, Pulse Ghana and Busy JUMP were also given honorary awards for their support towards empowering Startups and Entrepreneurs in Ghana.

Below is the full list of winners in the 2017 Premium Bank Ghana Startup Awards

Startup of the Year – Zeepay
Startup Entrepreneur of the Year – Claudia Lumor
Social Enterprise of the Year – Food for all Africa
Student Startup of the Year – My Home Teacher
Non-Ghanaian Startup of the Year – Tonaton Ghana
Technology Startup of the Year – Asoriba
Education Startup of the Year – My Home Teacher
Agribusiness Startup of the Year – Trotro Tractor
Processing Startup of the Year – Dough Man Foods
Arts & Tourism Startup of the Year – Leizer-Legacy Productions
Media Startup of the Year – Creo Concepts
Fashion Startup of the Year – Wear Ghana
Health Startup of the Year – Quik Medical Consult
Manufacturing Startup of the Year – Kantanka Automibile
Finance & Fintech Startup of the Year – Express Pay

The awards organised by The Startup Network, a network under The African Network of Entrepreneurs is sponsored by Premium Bank in partnership with The HelpStation, KPMG, IConceptsPR, Avance Media, Edel Consult, Kumasi Hive, HapaSpace, MEST, GhanaThink Foundation and TentMaker Ghana.

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

(1) (Reply)

5 Grievous Mistakes People Often Make When Shopping Online / Get A Free Web Design For Your Business, Hop In To See Requirements / How To Venture Into A Legitimate And A Lucrative Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.