Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones (744 Views)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Whatsapp Finally Rolled Out Revoke Message Feature For Everyone / Samsung Permanently Discontinues The Galaxy Note7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by soldierdollar(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
This will be one of the most dreaded moments for blackberry users as Facebook-owned Whatsapp has made good of their threat to disable Whatsapp from functioning on blackberry and S40/S60 Nokia phones. I was really anticipating another service extension on Blackberry devices from Whatsapp I was disappointed when I woke up today to see the dreaded message on my Blackberry Q10 smart phone screen.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-iocM6oFYyaI/WW9NcvV-6xI/AAAAAAAAAfI/br9rKJe1jcwz8Y_4bkrhfk6KxZCZKCfMwCLcBGAs/s320/Whatsapp%2Bfinally%2Bdiscontinues%2Bservice%2Bon%2Bblackberry%2Bphones.png[/img]
According to a Whatsapp spokesman, "As we mentioned in our blog, we plan to no longer support several platforms, and will be supporting a few until the end of June 2017"
“While these mobile devices have been an important part of our story, they don’t offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app’s features in the future,” the company announced.
I think it is time for Blackberry to take the bull by the horn and make its operating system more flexible and customizable to its users and developers. We will really miss Whatsapp on our Blackberry devices.

For the cellular industry, this may portend a daunting new world as Blackberry owned multi-platform BBM is not popular enough to keep its users from migrating to its Android and iOS counterparts.

Tell us what you think. How will blackberry survive this imminent and massive exodus?

Source: http://www.chrisdiary.com/2017/07/whatsapp-finally-discontinues-service.html
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by pair36(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
Finally
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by dacovajnr: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Me still dey Rock my own Ooo! grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by soldierdollar(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
lalasticlala grin
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by Agimor(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
Finally.... The most sort after BB is finally down her knees. Innovation and critical thinking would have avert this move.
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by ddjay: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
There is still hope bb users,just gather urselfs at whatsapp headquarters and beg,just beg well well,and whatsapp will be permanent on bb7
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by biztip: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
soldierdollar:
This will be one of the most dreaded moments for blackberry users as Facebook-owned Whatsapp has made good of their threat to disable Whatsapp from functioning on blackberry and S40/S60 Nokia phones. I was really anticipating another service extension on Blackberry devices from Whatsapp I was disappointed when I woke up today to see the dreaded message on my Blackberry Q10 smart phone screen.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-iocM6oFYyaI/WW9NcvV-6xI/AAAAAAAAAfI/br9rKJe1jcwz8Y_4bkrhfk6KxZCZKCfMwCLcBGAs/s320/Whatsapp%2Bfinally%2Bdiscontinues%2Bservice%2Bon%2Bblackberry%2Bphones.png[/img]
According to a Whatsapp spokesman, "As we mentioned in our blog, we plan to no longer support several platforms, and will be supporting a few until the end of June 2017"
“While these mobile devices have been an important part of our story, they don’t offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app’s features in the future,” the company announced.
I think it is time for Blackberry to take the bull by the horn and make its operating system more flexible and customizable to its users and developers. We will really miss Whatsapp on our Blackberry devices.

For the cellular industry, this may portend a daunting new world as Blackberry owned multi-platform BBM is not popular enough to keep its users from migrating to its Android and iOS counterparts.

Tell us what you think. How will blackberry survive this imminent and massive exodus?

Source: http://www.chrisdiary.com/2017/07/whatsapp-finally-discontinues-service.html

go here and get urself a cheap android phone as low as 5k and continue to enjoy whatsapp
https://www.nairaland.com/3930713/hongkong-used-android-smartphones-4k
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by hakinze00(m): 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
It still works on mine, try updating it
Re: Whatsapp Finally Discontinues Service On Blackberry Phones by dragnet: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
update your whatsapp

1 Like

(1)

All You Need To Know About Gionee A1 Lite. / Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Many Smartphones From Jan 1 / <<< Nokia X6 Or Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite >>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.