Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed (21144 Views)

Unclad Lady Dances To 'Pawon': Olamide Blasted By Nigerians / Cherry Entafield Shows Her New Tattoo By Going Topless, Blasted By Nigerians / Price Of Imade Adeleke's Dress Dug Up By Nigerians After Sophia Momodu Bragged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Holuwahyomzzy: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has reiterated the government's decision that any programme meant for Nigerians must be produced in Nigeria, saying he was not appointed Minister to develop the economy of other countries at the expense of the Nigerian economy. He said this in a statement released today.

In a statement he released today, Lai Mohammed said the Creative Industry's potential of creating 1 million jobs in three years cannot be realized if jobs meant for Nigerians are being exported to other countries under the guise of producing, in other countries, programmes to be consumed in Nigeria.

''I didn't say that henceforth, all music videos and films will be produced in Nigeria, or that the production of music videos or films outside Nigeria will be banned. All I said was that if a programme is designated as a Nigerian (local) content programme, we will amend the Code to ensure that it is produced in Nigeria. On that, there is no going back.''he said

The Minister recalled how his office was bombarded with calls from concerned Nigerians when the last edition of the ''Big Brother Naija'' was produced in South Africa, saying he subsequently directed the National Broadcasting Commission to investigate the circumstances surrounding the controversy.

''Following the findings, we decided to amend the relevant sections of the Nigeria Broadcasting Code to prevent a repeat of that development. We are now in the process of doing that, so that anyone who intends to produce a reality show or similar programmes for Nigerians cannot take the production of such shows outside Nigeria. Nigerians are a very proud and resourceful people, and we are sure that no Nigerian will be against a decision to prevent the jobs that can be done in Nigeria by Nigerians from being exported to other countries,'' he said.

In a related development, Alhaji Mohammed has said the Broadcasting Code is also being amended to help develop the local football league.

''This (amendment) is not just about the Creative Industry. We are also going to ensure that the NBC Code is amended in a manner that if any company in Nigeria today invests a million dollars in promoting or supporting any (football) team or league outside Nigeria, I want the Broadcasting Code to be amended to the effect that it will not allow that programme to be aired unless that company supports the Nigerian League with a percentage that will not be less than 30 per cent of what was spent.

''This is because we cannot continue to develop the economies of the other parts of the world from the sweat of Nigerians and at the expense of the Nigerian economy,'' the Minister said.

News Via: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2017/07/any-programme-to-be-consumed-by.html

29 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Teacher1776(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
This man is just too old for this job.
It is so easy to explain issues so smoothly as if we have structures on ground that will permit smooth implementation of the programme.
He is talking about giving money meant for nigerians to foreigners. From a distance one would assume he is patriotic. But check them out. All their children are schooling abroad. Even their president is now living abroad. Even where he packed his private jet is costing Nigeria millions of naira. All theire official vehicles were imported. They would not patronize Innoson motors.
Here he is making pretentious statements on nigerian money going abroad. What about leadership by example? Let them start showing the example. Every nigerian will follow.

246 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by VictorJoshua(m): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
Any Human Born In Nigeria Must Recieve Health Care Services In Nigeria. How Does That Sound? It Sounds Tyrannical To Me.

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by VictorJoshua(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
My Dear Nairalanders,compare The Above Statement Wit D Above Topic And Tell Me Wat System Of Government Operates In Nigeria Today.

11 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by BreezyCB(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
He's high on osogbo weed

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Caustics: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
sad i dont know what the abokii is talking about but i know big brother africa should be banned before anything else.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Akshow: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
When them get headache, na abroad, when them get bele, na abroad, when them wan born, na abroad, their children schooling, na abroad, their holidays, na abroad, for nearly 70 days, Mr president de UK, but this shameless Lai get mouth to talk about consuming Nigerian programs? Do these moooorons think with their anus or what?

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by massinola(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
And so are the health cares, education, cars, vacations et al to be consumed by Nigerians too. Mumu government with stupid employees. Gush! How did we even end up in this mess called APC

26 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by djlaqua91(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
Why are we cursed with Hypocrites as leaders

37 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
General overseer of lienus firm

22 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by DickDastardly2(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
angry sad if buhari fire this pvssy-faced goat i might concider supportin...... angry sad

10 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Haba!!

4 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by mazimee(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Any government official being Paid with tax payers money must receive his medical treatments in Nigeria.

Any President voted by Nigerians, must not receive foreign health care from foreign doctors in foreign hospitals.

Not After budgeting billions for state house clinic.
Bunch of clueless hypocritical clowns.

31 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by ekensi01: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
This man is drying everyday that passes.

12 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by three: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
I guess he won't stop digging

Folajimi Lai Mohammed
LL.B University of Kent at Canterbury
LL.M Fordham Law School, New York City USA

https://www.nairaland.com/3088805/meet-lai-mohammeds-son-jubril-folajimi

17 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by itoldu: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Issokay, Let's just ignore the one receiving treatment abroad.
Let's ignore the one that went to do photo shoot of pikin graduation in uk.
Let's ignore the fact that the microphone, mobile phone, tv in the noise maker's possession are not locally made.
LET'S JUST IGNORE THE NEWS!!!

2019 is got to be lit!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
LIE

3 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Graduates to be hired in Nigeria must be taught in Nigeria.

How about that?

No more foreign Universities.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by marxist88: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
No leader in naija

6 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by CarterKim(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Lai now

6 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Pray(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Better to say "Whoever must be Nigeria's president must be treated of any sickness in Nigeria". Awon wayray.

15 Likes

tell ur oga first, i hear say him pikin just graduate from one yankee school. till u learn to rock aba made we self no go let u rest. concerning that football issue i hope say e no affect premier league and the likes

13 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Remzie(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
This man can lie sha

5 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Wisdombankxz: 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
It's well.. No matter what, man must survive.

I have active 16k followers instagram account for sale.
Call/whatsapp 08084334575 for cool biz
Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Sijo01(f): 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Tell your pay master and the rest of your cohorts to practice what they preach

5 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by takenadoh: 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dead on arrival policy, even Music videos abi?

3 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by cyberdurable(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
wink
Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by McGg: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
DO NOT TAKE HIM SERIOUS BECAUSE HE'S LYING.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by hesilo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
Light, medicare, cars, clothes etc that are consumed in Nigeria should also be made in Nigeria. What plan has Lie on ground to ensure all that above?

5 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by fergie001: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
There is ntn I would call you that others haven't ,so I wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by YelloweWest: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
President that was elected by Nigerians must be in Nigeria! Must use Nigerian health care!

Look at these confused idiots angry

6 Likes

Re: Programme To Be Consumed By Nigerians Must Be Produced In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by safiaapussy: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yes!. +1 for Lai cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elizabeth Sunday: Regina Daniels Is My Role Model - Beauty Queen / Tools With Denrele & Fally Ipupaa @ Channel0 Awards / Toyin Lawani Stuns In White Swimsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.