Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — (1571 Views)

LAUTECH: Nigeria Best State University in Pictures / Peter Seunara Arotiba Emerges Best Candidate In West Africa (WASSCE) / OOU Is Best State University In 2016 - Institute For Governance Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by dabeto: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2017
For the second year running, Abia State has emerged the best ranked state in the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) school examination with the highest number of candidates who obtained five credits, including English Language and Mathematics.

In the May/June 2016 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) statistics obtained by Daily Sun, Abia state retained the first position among the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) whose candidates made five credits, including English Language and Mathematics.

Also, the statistics showed that the South-South and South-East dominated the top 10 ranking. Taraba state recorded a major improvement in their students’ performance as it placed eighth in the state ranking from 21st position in 2015. The performance chart revealed that South-South topped with Rivers, Edo, Bayelsa and Delta placing second, third, fifth and 10th, respectively. South-East had three states in the top 10 ranking with Abia as first, Imo fourth and Anambra sixth. The statistics further revealed that 840,144 candidates out of 1,543, 976 who sat for the school examination obtained five credits, including English Language and Mathematics, in the May/June 2016 WASSCE.

According to the ranking, Abia State, which presented 51,839 candidates recorded 81.54 per cent of students who obtained five credits with English Language and Mathematics.

http://sunnewsonline.com/again-abia-emerges-best-state-in-2016-wassce/

2 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Adeoba10(m): 6:03am On Jul 20, 2017
Abia state? Kudos to them. After solving the questions on the board, some of them will raise up their hand and ask you to spell/pronounce what was bodly written on the board...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by DaniDani(m): 6:07am On Jul 20, 2017
It's a known fact that we Abians are intelligent. For the past 6years Abia state have maintained 1st or 2nd position in WAEC ranking. Federal government has not been fair to us by not giving us Federal high institutions like it had done to other states. Too bad. Abia state has only Federal University of Agriculture which has limited curriculum unlike other states that have up to 4 or 5 Federal High Institutions. E.g, Imo State has Fed Uni, Fed Poly, Fed College of Edu, and other Fed educational institutions. It's only Abia state that the federal has been very unfair to. That's why some people argue that Abia State do not rank high in Jamb intake because many of Abia students seek university admissions in other states.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Amarabae(f): 6:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Adeoba10:
Abia state? Kudos to them. After solving the questions on the board, some of them will raise up their hand and ask you to spell/pronounce what was bodly written on the board...
losers always give excuses.

8 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by navada99: 6:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Congratulations to the kids from Abia State, you're make us proud.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by StateNews: 6:17am On Jul 20, 2017
DaniDani:
It's a known fact that we Abians are intelligent. For the past 6years Abia state have maintained 1st or 2nd position in WAEC ranking. Federal government has not been fair to us by not giving us Federal high institutions like it had done to other states. Too bad. Abia state has only Federal University of Agriculture which has limited curriculum unlike other states that have up to 4 or 5 Federal High Institutions. E.g, Imo State has Fed Uni, Fed Poly, Fed College of Edu, and other Fed educational institutions. It's only Abia state that the federal has been very unfair to. That's why some people argue that Abia State do not rank high in Jamb intake because many of Abia students seek university admissions in other states.
have you able to maintain the one you have..and you are looking for another one
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by DaniDani(m): 6:17am On Jul 20, 2017
DaniDani:
It's a known fact that we Abians are intelligent. For the past 6years Abia state have maintained 1st or 2nd position in WAEC ranking. Federal government has not been fair to us by not giving us Federal high institutions like it had done to other states. Too bad. Abia state has only Federal University of Agriculture which has limited curriculum unlike other states that have up to 4 or 5 Federal High Institutions. E.g, Imo State has Fed Uni, Fed Poly, Fed College of Edu, and other Fed educational institutions. It's only Abia state that the federal govt has been very unfair to. That's why some people argue that Abia State do not rank high in Jamb intake because many of Abia students seek university admissions in other states.

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by StateNews: 6:18am On Jul 20, 2017
Adeoba10:
go sleep alway try to appreciate some one that did well

2 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by StateNews: 6:19am On Jul 20, 2017
Igbo people are doing well, igbo are intelligent although I am not from igbo

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Adeoba10(m): 6:24am On Jul 20, 2017
Amarabae:
losers always give excuses.
*Seen *ignored.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Adeoba10(m): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2017
StateNews:
go sleep alway try to appreciate some one that did well
Aiit... But I was talking of what i experienced not what i heard...
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by DaniDani(m): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2017
StateNews:
have you able to maintain the one you have..and you are looking for another one

It's a known fact that Michael Okpara Fed Uni of Agriculture is one of the best maintained university in Nigeria. You guys good in supporting injustice and unfairness. Meanwhile, is there any report about lack of maintenance of the said school? Why bringing the issue of maintenance if not your penchant for supporting imbalance system that has ruined Nigeria? Is maintenance of fed universities the exclusive responsibilities of state govt? Why are you this pathetic? Why can't you support equity, and fairness? Where is your conscience?

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by kodath(f): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2017
igbos are the best...We are taking over

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by kodath(f): 6:27am On Jul 20, 2017
seun mynd44 please take this to fp

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by nwarosa: 6:28am On Jul 20, 2017
And yet teachers haven't been paid since January.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Teacher1776(m): 6:32am On Jul 20, 2017
What we can't just wish away is the high level of examination mal-practice associated with school certificate examinations (both WASSCE and NECO). Situations where students copy answer directly from the board, textbooks or mobile devices are quite rampant. Most of the markers are directly involved in mal practice and so ignore these when marking. Examiner, invigilators and supervisors sent to schools are only after what they can make from the job.
Yes, we can celebrate our states coming tops. But the examination bodies must review their modes of operations with a view to reducing these open displays of examination misconducts among schools. Year in year out jamb is evolving measure to check malpractice. And it is paying off fine. Candidate seating for Jamb no longer play with their books. Waec and neco need to come out with an examination mal-practice detection devices to check the menace.

Only then can we truly celebrate our states. As it stands, we are only celebrating states with he highest degree of mal practice.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Lordave: 6:42am On Jul 20, 2017
Adeoba10:
Olodo, at least they are better than you and your village king that copied both the inscriptions on your teacher's shirt and the class timetable beside the dark board.

Anya ufu gbukwa gi ebe ahu!

Iti Mpataka!

2 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Teacher1776(m): 6:42am On Jul 20, 2017
DaniDani:

It's a known fact that Michael Okpara Fed Uni of Agriculture is one of the best maintained university in Nigeria. You guys good in supporting injustice and unfairness. Meanwhile, is there any report about lack of maintenance of the said school? Why bringing the issue of maintenance if not your penchant for supporting imbalance system that has ruined Nigeria? Is maintenance of fed universities the exclusive responsibilities of state govt? Why are you this pathetic? Why can't you support equity, and fairness? Where is your conscience?
You are quite passionate on this issue. Please channel your complains to the state house of assembly, your representatives at the house of representatives and house of senate. They may be able to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Adeoba10(m): 6:44am On Jul 20, 2017
Lordave:
Olodo, at least they are better than you and your village king that copied both the inscriptions on your teacher's shirt and the class timetable beside the dark board.

Iti Mpataka!
Lol.... My village king grin grin grin. Anyway, d time is 6:43am is too early to advertise ur stupidity.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Lordave: 6:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Adeoba10:

Lol.... My village king grin grin grin. Anyway, d time is 6:43am is too early to advertise ur stupidity.
Nwata ga saa efere ututu and stop raining saliva all over this tidy thread.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Teacher1776(m): 6:50am On Jul 20, 2017
Lordave:

Iti Mpataka!
Abi o. Some even copy the names and numbers on their friend's answer booklets into their own. Some even list all the seven items on the list for a question that requires just 3 items and will still write exactly what you wrote under it like "pick any three". Olodo get level sha.

smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Lordave: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2017
Teacher1776:

Abi o. Some even copy the names and numbers on their friend's answer booklets into their own. Some even list all the seven items on the list for a question that requires just 3 items and will still write exactly what you wrote under it like "pick any three". Olodo get level sha.

smiley smiley smiley
You aptly described the guy I quoted before you.
Thank you.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Luciferdevil(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Adeoba10:

Aiit... But I was talking of what i experienced not what i heard...
Baba go nd sleep off your frustration abeg.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by ofai: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2017
Teacher1776:
What we can't just wish away is the high level of examination mal-practice associated with school certificate examinations (both WASSCE and NECO). Situations where students copy answer directly from the board, textbooks or mobile devices are quite rampant. Most of the markers are directly involved in mal practice and so ignore these when marking. Examiner, invigilators and supervisors sent to schools are only after what they can make from the job.
Yes, we can celebrate our states coming tops. But the examination bodies must review their modes of operations with a view to reducing these open displays of examination misconducts among schools. Year in year out jamb is evolving measure to check malpractice. And it is paying off fine. Candidate seating for Jamb no longer play with their books. Waec and neco need to come out with an examination mal-practice detection devices to check the menace.

Only then can we truly celebrate our states. As it stands, we are only celebrating states with he highest degree of mal practice.

Envy and jealousy will kill you one day. Because your state didn't arrive tops. Is any Nigerian University among top 500? Yet you praise yourselves as being the most educated bla bla bla.

Yes our Educational system is bad, but it does not take away the fact that efforts are being made to improve all and sundry.

You praised jamb simply because it clamped on some eastern based schools. If you like clamp on many school as you wish, easterners will still come out tops. Your hypocrisy and biase stinks to the highest heavens. Haters are always on the ground trying to pull the others down with them.

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by ofai: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Adeoba10:

You stink of jealousy. It's a good sign though, that you badly want something we have. Lol....

1 Like

Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Teacher1776(m): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
ofai:

Envy and jealousy will kill you one day. Because your state didn't arrive tops. Is any Nigerian University among top 500? Yet you praise yourselves as being the most educated bla bla bla.

Yes our Educational system is bad, but it does not take away the fact that efforts are being made to improve all and sundry.

You praised jamb simply because it clamped on some eastern based schools. If you like clamp on many school as you wish, easterners will still come out tops. Your hypocrisy and biase stinks to the highest heavens. Haters are always on the ground trying to pull the others down with them.

i doubt if you read my entire comment before replying. When i raised the issue of mal practise am not attacking a particular state. Neither am I saying a particular state came first due to mal practice. Examination mal practice is openly conducted in all the 36 states including the FCT. It is a national problem. Your outburst has no place here, we all must decide as a people to either fight to put an end to this menace threatening our educational value or choose to allude every issue to primordial tribal sentiments. Thank you.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by ofai: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
Teacher1776:

i doubt if you read my entire comment before replying. When i raised the issue of mal practise am not attacking a particular state. Neither am I saying a particular state came first due to mal practice. Examination mal practice is openly conducted in all the 36 states including the FCT. It is a national problem. Your outburst has no place here, we all must decide as a people to either fight to put an end to this menace threatening our educational value or choose to allude every issue to primordial tribal sentiments. Thank you.

We see beneath your​ pseudo honesty. Who doesn't know our academic system is in bad shape? If am to follow your line of thought, then it means we shouldn't celebrate anything related to Nigerian Education because the system is bad.

Your ethnic bigotry stinks to the highest heavens no mater how you try concealing it.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by vicadex07(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
Everyone knows that igbos have institutionalized examination fraud.

Everyone over there is in on it. Fraudulent practises is their way of life and that is why they are ever ready to defend anybody that has a case with efcc no matter the tribe.

Miracle centre results everywhere... smh
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by ofai: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
vicadex07:
Everyone knows that igbos have institutionalized examination fraud.

Everyone over there is in on it. Fraudulent practises is their way of life and that is why they are ever ready to defend anybody that has a case with efcc no matter the tribe.

Miracle centre results everywhere... smh

Naso the waec states result pain you reach?

Am sure edo, Rivers, bayelsa and other top ten States including taraba state, a northern state is fraudulent right?

I love the way envy kills.... It's kills slowly. Pls die quickly.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by Teacher1776(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
ofai:

We see beneath your​ pseudo honesty. Who doesn't know our academic system is in bad shape? If am to follow your line of thought, then it means we shouldn't celebrate anything related to Nigerian Education because the system is bad.

Your ethnic bigotry stinks to the highest heavens no mater how you try concealing it.

What are you even saying anyway? I didn't share any tribal sentiment on this issue and I didn't imply any. Whatever you thought you perceived is only a figment of your imaginations. I am from one of the south south states which constantly rates among the top five each year. So stop assuming the pose of a seer, cos u can't even see beyond your nose.
U can either accept the issue as i presented it or u can as well hog a working transformer in your area.
Re: Again, Abia Emerges Best State In 2016 WASSCE — by ofai: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2017
Teacher1776:

What are you even saying anyway? I didn't share any tribal sentiment on this issue and I didn't imply any. Whatever you thought you perceived is only a figment of your imaginations. I am from one of the south south states which constantly rates among the top five each year. So stop assuming the pose of a seer, cos u can't even see beyond your nose.
U can either accept the issue as i presented it or u can as well hog a working transformer in your area.

Na so e pain you reach? Deal with it and grow up Mr South South.

(1) (Reply)

Eduregard 2018 Jamb Utme Cbt Software - Free Download / Ondo State School Of Nursing, Akure 2018/2019 Admission Form / Jamb 2019: Where To Register In Ikorodu, Lagos/ Jamb 2019 Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.