Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe (17027 Views)

Igor Moroz Destroys His Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV By Dropping It From Helicopter / Honda Confirms Its Electric Car Will Be Called Honda "E" / Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by autojosh: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
As the reasons still remain unknown, Honda has confirmed their plans of letting go of the Accord Coupe . They say it will be replaced with the trending 2018 Honda Accord.

Apparently other brands have also stopped coupe cars production and are concentrating more on sporty sedans. Toyota did so and Nissan has also reportedly dropped the Altima coupe.

The sudden development was due to the low profit from the coupes compared to other model types in the auto-mobile market.

This is sad news for lovers of the Accord Coupe..

Do you like the coupe or not, let’s hear you in the comment section.

See more photos below;

https://autojosh.com/honda-dropping-accord-coupe/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
I have zero idea/interest on cars but I like how intersted autojosh is smiley

Keep it up!

7 Likes

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by DaimlerBen(m): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
autojosh:

...Apparently other brands have also stopped coupe cars production and are concentrating more on sporty sedans...
Apparently, the highlighted should've been "other Japmobiles" as the Germans are still going strong.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
WORLD BEST HONDA
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Originalsly: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
Think it makes sense to drop the coupes. Think before the coupes were sooo much sportier and faster than the sedans. But now there's not much difference between the two in performance and the coupes have the access disadventage.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by oweniwe(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
I hate coupe's .

Person go dey shuffle seat every time and bending nyarsh anyhow to get in/out angry

24 Likes

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by siegfried99(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
oweniwe:
I hate coupe's .

Person go dey shuffle seat every time and bending nyarsh anyhow to get in/out angry

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Addicted2Women: 7:08am On Jul 21, 2017

I only drive Ferrari('s).

An awesome and great car made by Honda for secondary school kids, that's why i support them

1 Like

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 21, 2017
Cool but I don't need more cars now.. Maybe I will during December..

If you're a business person, a worker or a student who aspire to know what the future holds as it pertains to your financial freedom, the you need to visit EntMirror
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by femi4: 7:10am On Jul 21, 2017
Long overdue
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by sojayy(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2017
I love coupes

4 Likes

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by adrian3000(m): 7:13am On Jul 21, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:
I have zero idea/interest on cars but I like how intersted autojosh is smiley

Keep it up!
U need money

3 Likes

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Histrings08(m): 7:14am On Jul 21, 2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by yinkakani(m): 7:14am On Jul 21, 2017
Sorry, not an Honda fan. The car looks fugly sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by lloydpras: 7:17am On Jul 21, 2017
My hatred on coupe cars tho undecided

1 Like

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by ayogozie(m): 7:18am On Jul 21, 2017
It never in my life line I luv sedan more than any other brand
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Jaynom(m): 7:22am On Jul 21, 2017
I hate coupés the person has to get out of the car for someone to get in. Uncomfortable for more than two passengers!

1 Like

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:22am On Jul 21, 2017
good idea , people no longer have interest in coupe this days

1 Like

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Wilit: 7:22am On Jul 21, 2017
I hate Honda truly, because it messes up
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Moganajoe: 7:26am On Jul 21, 2017
They could have made it with 2doors, it would sell well. Just like VW coupe
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by murphybo(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2017
you cant even split easily in coupe cars you have to still beg the driver to shift to give you space (yeri ki beto) shift make i split, even in terms of emergency to gp in or out to back seat na Wahala...only good for wify to take kids out. #sedan anyday anytime
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by sakalisis(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2017
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Goodnuel: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Have they sold off all the ones the produced??

if No, they fit dash me one or two..

*Strictly, me and my girlfriend..

cool
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by 0b100100111: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Wilit:
I hate Honda truly, because it messes up

Says who!

You definitely not a fan of performance, style and reliability!
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Burgerlomo: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2017
Who coupe epp? Sporty sedan all the way.
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by nairaman66(m): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2017
Addicted2Women:

I only drive Ferrari('s).

An awesome and great car made by Honda for secondary school kids, that's why i support them

You mean you drive plastic children Ferrari cars? Congrats
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by dakeskese(m): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2017
Innoson Motors for life!!! tongue
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by dbynonetwork: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2017
Honda make inferior cars.. There cars are not strong and durable... Everyday in Lagos I see more 5 Honda car tyres pull out..
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Oyelamioyebanjo: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2017
Nice
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 21, 2017
murphybo:
you cant even split easily in coupe cars you have to still beg the driver to shift

Jaynom:
I hate coupés the person has to get out of the car for someone to get in. Uncomfortable for more than two passengers!

You guys understanding of Coupé isn't really correct. Coupés are not necessarily by number of doors, but the design and amount of space behind the B Pillar, as the roof extends to the trunk.

The Mercedes SLS is a coupe, so are the BMW X6 and the Honda Crosstour, despite having 4 doors.

Correct me if I'm wrong

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Hysmady(m): 7:37am On Jul 21, 2017
There will still be Accord Sedan then...I see Lot of guys are misinterpreting this news tho!
Re: Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe by Exponental(m): 7:41am On Jul 21, 2017
Before reading, I knew a reason must be cos there No 1 competitor (Toyota) does not make a Camry coupe again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint / Ridiculous Mileage Of Tokunbo Vehicles / 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.