Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc (1313 Views)

Buhari Asked To Sack Godswill Obioma, NECO Registrar, Replace With A Northerner / A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer / Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc by dRealnino(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good afternoon my fellow Nairalanders. Please i need your opinion as regards to an issue

A friend of mine recently graduated from a reputable college in India ( Medical laboratory science was her course of study), she did her internship, met every other requirement, was awarded her degree and returned to Nigeria for her nysc programme.

When she went to Abuja to apply for the nysc programme she was told she needs to do another internship in Nigeria for 6-7 months before being eligible to apply for the nysc programme

i was surprised as that was the first i heard of something like that.

Please has anyone been in a similar situation? or heard of something like this before? I would like to know if there is any way around this as i think this is unnecessary and time wasting too.
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
smiley

THE FRIEND ISN'T YOU RIGHT?

OK

CONTINUE
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc by nelszx: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
dRealnino:
Good afternoon my fellow Nairalanders. Please i need your opinion as regards to an issue

A friend of mine recently graduated from a reputable college in India ( Medical laboratory science was her course of study), she did her internship, met every other requirement, was awarded her degree and returned to Nigeria for her nysc programme.

When she went to Abuja to apply for the nysc programme she was told she needs to do another internship in Nigeria for 6-7 months before being eligible to apply for the nysc programme

i was surprised as that was the first i heard of something like that.

Please has anyone been in a similar situation? or heard of something like this before? I would like to know if there is any way around this as i think this is unnecessary and time wasting too.

That's the normal thing for all the foreign graduates in any health related field. You need to be assessed, go through examination and internship to be given a Nigerian license to practice.
NYSC is only acting on instructions so she will and must do the internship. Luckily for her she won't be struggling like that as they might post her to any of the teaching hospital for internship and assessment to get her a permanent license to continue with nysc and practice afterwards

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc by dRealnino(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
StephDamielola:
smiley

THE FRIEND ISN'T YOU RIGHT?
OK
CONTINUE
nahhh not me
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc by dRealnino(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
nelszx:

That's the normal thing for all the foreign graduates in any health related field. You need to be assessed, go through examination and internship to be given a Nigerian license to practice.
NYSC is only acting on instructions so she will and must do the internship. Luckily for her she won't be struggling like that as they might post her to any of the teaching hospital for internship and assessment to get her a permanent license to continue with nysc and practice afterwards
Thanks... really helpful
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Do Internship Before Being Eligible To Apply For Nysc by nelszx: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
dRealnino:

Thanks... really helpful

But she needs to go to MLSCN office in Abuja to apply as a foreign graduate hence she'd just be wasting time. The application will be processed and she will be sent for the training and assessment to a teaching hospital (UBTH or any other as deemed okay for learning). After the assessment she'd be inducted and given a licence that nysc will recognise for the service year
That's how the medical fields are if you like train in heaven you will still be assessed here before they can entrust you with their license to practice. If it was just any course it'd have been easier to proceed for the nysc

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I'm having issues with my jamb admission letter / NUC Releases List Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria (FULL LIST) / #sexforgrades: UNILAG Shuts Down ‘cold Room’, Where Lecturers ‘sexually Harass’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.