Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder (40322 Views)

PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna / Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by 36govs: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
Ex Lagos Bus Conductor Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder

Olu wrote this inspiring story on his wall;

20 years ago, the only thing I had was a dream. Though I had beautiful dreams, the physical resources to meet my heart desires were beyond my reach. I was homeless, worked as a motor boy or bus conductor (Nigerians will understand this)…. Despite all these challenges, I dedicated at least 2 hours each day to develop myself. I was told several times to quit trying. I was told to stop dreaming….

To keep the story short, in 2006 I had my first degree and I graduated top in my class. In 2010, an MSc; in 2011, an MPhil from the University of Cambridge; in 2016, a PhD in Criminology and Criminal Justice from Griffith University Australia.

See Video By Shara Reporters below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=derfqy3OPwc

Source : http://www.viviangist.net/lagos-bus-conductor-dr-mike-olu-akinlabi-now-a-phd-holder-pictures-in-australia

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
smiley

OK

CONTINUE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by dlondonbadboy: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
He escaped from the zoo...Nigeria is a dream killer!!

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by taylor88(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
congratulations
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by tinkinjow: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good...will be better if we know how he went through to the top.
How did he fund it??

7 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by decatalyst(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

What are you still waiting for? undecided

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by jhydebaba(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Great, inspiring.

You failed to tell us how u got the money to finance ur education, is it the money u saved from being a conductor

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by dlondonbadboy: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
decatalyst:

What are you still waiting for? undecided

We would soon destroy the zoo...and all you lovers of the zoo shall perish with the zoo..

8 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by DozieInc(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Congrats to him.. .dreams come true.
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dia is no limitation to wat yhu can achieve....just work hard and pray towards it....and stay focus....

2 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by OriflameNIG: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
DO YOU WISH TO MARKET FOR COSMETICS COMPANY PART TIME OR FULL TIME ?.
Kindly CLICK HERE
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
But where is lalasticlala now sef

Agbero don become academic doctor
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by decatalyst(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

We would soon destroy the zoo...and all you lovers of the zoo shall perish with the zoo..

May your kindred perish like rotten tomatoes!

Now, swerve...

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin shocked grin

Very inspiring but half baked story.

Op, learn to ice your cake well before serving it!

10 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by AngelicBeing: 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
l concur

10 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by SmartchoiceNGR: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
angry
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by SmartchoiceNGR: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
36govs:
Olu wrote this inspiring story on his wall;

20 years ago, the only thing I had was a dream. Though I had beautiful dreams, the physical resources to meet my heart desires were beyond my reach. I was homeless, worked as a motor boy or bus conductor (Nigerians will understand this)…. Despite all these challenges, I dedicated at least 2 hours each day to develop myself. I was told several times to quit trying. I was told to stop dreaming….

To keep the story short, in 2006 I had my first degree and I graduated top in my class. In 2010, an MSc; in 2011, an MPhil from the University of Cambridge; in 2016, a PhD in Criminology and Criminal Justice from Griffith University Australia.

See Video By Shara Reporters below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=derfqy3OPwc

Source : http://www.viviangist.net/lagos-bus-conductor-dr-mike-olu-akinlabi-now-a-phd-holder-pictures-in-australia

Cc; lalasticlala
Tell him I said he left out Abuad.
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by SmartchoiceNGR: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Etfash(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Well, I know this brother like the back of my hand. He was the Counseling Overseer in IVCU (Ibadan Varsity Christian Union) in his set. He studied Guidance and Counseling in U.I and graduated with a CGPA of almost 6.0. iI think he had around 5.96 or so. Since U.I uses a one decimal place G.P, he was supposed to be awarded a First-class but, of course, he was denied.

I decided to write the above to let you guys know he is real and so is his story. With respect to studying abroad, if you schooled in U.I, you will know that many scholarship bodies have their headquarters there. If you are a Uite or alumnus of U.I, consult Student Affairs for information in this area.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Seylad2009(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
I thank God I came across this thread. I need this motivation at this moment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by milky3(f): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2017
A true e definition of from grass to grace

4 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Ishilove: 1:36am On Jul 21, 2017
Sharming95:
Dia is no limitation to wat yhu can achieve....just work hard and pray towards it....and stay focus....
If you can write 'yhu', you can also write 'you'. They are both three letters so why not write it correctly?

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 21, 2017
Impossible is nothing!!

1 Like

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by supereagle(m): 5:24am On Jul 21, 2017
Etfash:
Well, I know this brother like the back of my hand. He was the Counseling Overseer in IVCU (Ibadan Varsity Christian Union) in his set. He studied Guidance and Counseling in U.I and graduated with a CGPA of almost 6.0. iI think he had around 5.96 or so. Since U.I uses a one decimal place G.P, he was supposed to be awarded a First-class but, of course, he was denied.

I decided to write the above to let you guys know he is real and so is his story. With respect to studying abroad, if you schooled in U.I, you will know that many scholarship bodies have their headquarters there. If you are a Uite or alumnus of U.I, consult Student Affairs for information in this area.
I did not know when I was there. Thanks for the Info.
Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by nextprince: 6:40am On Jul 21, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Did you watch the video or no data? Very sure of the latter.

First degree (very good grade) - UI, in the "zoo".
Second degree, school not stated but very sure same school, in same "zoo".
Scholarship for another degree, Cambridge, UK.
Completed PhD programme last year in Austria, lectures in same country.
The "zoo" was his spring board.

Also, his movement to other countries weren't for crimes like drug with which Table Tops allways justify their escape from the "zoo". He gradually worked/walked his way through the ups and downs, never wanted to be a billionaire within hours.

Pls, do and escape from the "zoo" fast and remain outside the "zoo" in all ramifications.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by NwaAmaikpe: 7:48am On Jul 21, 2017
shocked

What's the big deal?

HushPuppi was a conductor too.
Same as Reekado Banks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by rozayx5(m): 7:48am On Jul 21, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Sure it is

I once won a govt competition unopposed they refused to declare me winner cause my school was not in the favorite list

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder by emmymdk: 7:48am On Jul 21, 2017
Why is it a News? His hardwork paid!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013/2014 Total National Merit Scholarship Award:payment Information Thread / OOU Final Year Student Drowns In Hotel On Easter Sunday. / Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.