Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 (706 Views)

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Singer Commits Suicide. / Linkin-park-vocalist-chester-bennington-commits-suicide. / Linkin Park's Lead Singer Chester Bennington Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by MilesLamar(m): 3:53am On Jul 21, 2017
Chester Bennington, the Linkin Park lead singer whose screeching vocals helped the rock-rap band become one of the most commercially successful acts in the 2000s, was found dead in his home near Los Angeles on Thursday. He was 41.Los Angeles Coroner spokesman Brian Elias said authorities were investigating Bennington's death, which was first broken by the websiteTMZ, as an apparent suicide at Palos Verdes Estates, but no additional details were available.His death was reportedly caused by hanging, according to TMZ.

Band co-founder and producer Mike Shinoda said on Twitter he was "shocked and saddened."Shocked and heartbroken, but it's true. An official statement will come out as soon as we have one.— Mike Shinoda (@mikeshinoda)July 20, 2017.

Dave Farrell, the bassist, simply tweeted:"Heartbroken". "Chester Bennington was an artist of extraordinary talent and charisma, and a human being with a huge heart and a caring soul. Our thoughts and prayers are with his beautiful family, his band-mates and his many friends," Warner Bros. Records CEO and Chairman Cameron Stang said in a statement.Chester Bennington of Linkin Park.

The Arizona-born singer was a close friend ofSoundgarden's Chris Cornell, who tragically died, also by suicide, earlier this year.He performed Leonard Cohen's"Hallelujah" at Cornell's funeral, andwrote a moving open letter to the music star after his death, describing how Cornell had "a pure and unrivalled talent" and " inspired me in many ways youcould never have known".Chris Cornell, who died in May 2017Credit:GettyHe was the godfather of Cornell's 11-year-old son, Chris. Cornell's 53rd birthday would have been Thursday."The Cornell family is overwhelmed by the heartbreaking news about Chester Bennington which tragically comes so soon after their family's own loss," said aCornell family spokesperson."They open up their loving arms to Chester's family and share in the sorrow with all those who loved him."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/chester-bennington-linkin-park-lead-vocalist-dies-suicide-age/

Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by MilesLamar(m): 4:05am On Jul 21, 2017
This one weak my soul cry cry

Lalasticala Seun airmark mynd44
Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by cupidhero(m): 7:42am On Jul 21, 2017
Numb!

Seen this?@Cao

Why would someone this rich commit suicide....can't wrap my head around it.
Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by tboneybone(m): 7:57am On Jul 21, 2017
Still in tears, my love for Chester's music from hybrid theory, reanimation, meteora, Linkin Park n Jay Z collision course I, Linkin Park n eminen collision course II n III, a thousand sun, minutes to midnight, one more night, a thousand sun, living things.... Rip Chester, I don't understand depression but it's killing those that seem to be well accomplished

3 Likes

Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by Maribell17: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2017
cupidhero:
Numb!

Seen this?@Cao

Money isn't everything. And it sure as hell can't buy inner peace and happiness. #RIPCHESTER
Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by cao(f): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2017
cupidhero:
Numb!

Seen this?@Cao

Found out yesterday around 11pm through a push notification on my Smule Sing app. Na so I just spoil my PSN party chat. Just because you've money doesn't mean all your problems will be magically solved.
Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by HyDef(m): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
I heard about this yesterday. Truly sad.

My favourite musical genre is rock, through and through. Linkin Park was one of the earlier bands I used to listen to. I particularly liked the album Living Things, so many tracks I loved there. Depression is a real thing.

RIP Chester.
Re: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 by cupidhero(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
cao:

Found out yesterday around 11pm through a push notification on my Smule Sing app. Na so I just spoil my PSN party chat. Just because you've money doesn't mean all your problems will be magically solved.
True@money not solving everything. The dude na a very powerful singer. His death will only boost sales for the label his signed into and bring grief to his family and friends.

(1) (Reply)

Juliet Ibrahim Just Called Davido Baby On Instagram! / Seyi Shay × Flavour × Dj Consequence – Alele (mp3) / Adekunle Gold Releases Tracklist For Album “about30”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.