Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

5 Reason Why You Should Never Join The Nigerian Police Force - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Reason Why You Should Never Join The Nigerian Police Force (804 Views)

"The Nigerian Marked In This Photos Wasn't Part Of The Cambodia Drug Deal" / "It’s An Offence To Go Out With A Pepper Spray" - Nigeria Police Force. / Lady Recounts How The Nigerian Police Assisted A Man Who Stole Her Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reason Why You Should Never Join The Nigerian Police Force by justFEARLESS(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2017
The Police Force in every country are expected to be the model men and women, represent the law and be an epitome of the best behaviour in the society. This words to a common Nigeria, is a joke they can have a good laugh about; I chuckled too. You can as well say the opposite of those words is 'The Nigerian Police Force'.

Almost every institution in Nigeria is a joke, but the joke gets messy with the Nigeria Police Force. Oops! I almost forgot that 'Police is my Friend' just like it almost skipped my mind that 'Bail is Free', "Free".

We can't really blame those Policemen and Policewomen though, because they are serving what led them to the job in the first place. Guess what......'Their Stomach';Wrong leader, Bad Servant. Most of the Police Officers were led into the job in the first place because of unemployment and hunger.

To those who are planning to join the Nigeria Police Force, though Nigeria has messed up your precious 'Tabula Rasa' beyond your wildest dreams but I bet it with you that joining the Force will make you a bigger mess in a way you never imagined.

To those who are planning to join the Nigeria Police Force, here are the top 5 negative features you must be ready to incorporate into your personality unwillingly or otherwise.

* Extortion/Bribe Taking: Here is the 'Trade Mark' of the Nigerian Police Force and they do it in an out of station. You have to pay "Money for Bail" even after proven innocent. The NPF are the progenitor of legalise forceful begging. They do this in many ways; by mounting illegal road blocks and checkpoint to extort motorist, Okada riders and even those on foot, seizing of random citizens phones and collecting money before giving them their phones back, or outrightly charging you but they best and most inhumane of it all is done inside the four walls of Station. Mind you, you can be shot or killed if you refuse to "roger"(give bribe). So you joining the Police introduce you to this and in no time, you will be a pro in the art of extortion and bribe taking.

*Above the Law Syndrome: Who doesn't want to be above the law but since their are laws, they are meant to be adhere to however the Police that are saddled with enforcing the laws in Nigeria are the one that break it the most. NPF has become so lawless that the fundamental human right is just a jagon in ink to them. The NPF has been recorded to slap, kick, batter, maim and even execute suspect in broad day light or in custody. Event like this is not even an high impact news anymore in Nigeria as it is one of the daily routine of the NPF. People also use the NPF to execute personal vendettas, especially influencial Nigerians, Politicians, Business men or on a lighter note, the one who reported and paid first. Also they are guilty of wrong driving, running red lights, driving against traffic, not paying for services rendered to them to name a few. In short, joining the NPF will make you lawless.

* Lack of Human Sympathy/Wayward life: Are you the type that shed tears anytime you listen to MJ's 'Speechless', or moved to tears when you heard that that quiet neighbour of yours was almost killed by hunger, join the NPF and all those things will just be mere words to you. 'You will get as cold as cold can be'. Almost all Police Officers in Nigeria are outright saddist and psychopath but believe me, most were not like this when they came in but got shaped into it by the NPF psychological complexity. Nigerian Police don't care whether you don't have money or haven't eaten or sick, all that matters to them is that when you are stopped on the road or randomly picked in the street or taking to their station (innocent or guilty), you must pay. Nigerian Police are also good at cooking up stories against innocent citizen or planting implicating items on them just for a larger chunk of cash for bail. Also if you are planning to join the NPF, be ready to pick up the Police wayward lifestyle, or are they not? Wait! before you doubt that, go and checks how Barracks,Police Cars, their Stations looks like or get close to one enough and their lifestyle will complement this. This wayward lifestyle of the Police officers most times rub off on their children, most especially their Sons. Join the Police and say bye to your lovely personality and good psychological health.

* Habitual Drinkers: It is unethical to drink and smoke while on duty or in uniform but I guess not in Nigeria. The first time I ever entered a Police Station in Nigeria was the day I knew that this problem of drinking is even bigger than I thought. It was just around 1pm on a Tuesday and all the officers are already drunk. 'Literally drunk', and some are even oozing of cigarette and marij***. The fridge in the C/O's officer is filled with Red Label, Lords, Schnapps and just two Satchet water. Bars and Joints is more like a Police second station in Nigeria(Army sef no carry last). This is an habit most of them forged while in the Force, not before they joined. Let's not talk about their promiscuity. If you join the NPF, things like this will in no time be a daily routine for you too.

* Pride and Greed: Nigerian Police are egoistic being. They feels more important than the citizen whose tax are being used to pay them. Hurt their pride at your own peril, as they can slap, kick, hit, torture, arrest, maim or even go trigger happy on you for hurting their ego. Also, Police Officers are never satisfied with their salary and will go extra length in disposing innocent citizen of their hard earned money to service their greed. Also the NPF are guilty of extrajudicial killing, inability to solve crime, chronic lying and other ill habits. If you don't want to get a uniform that activate the dark side of humanity in you like greed,pride, and the others, avoid the NPF.

Though it will be totally wrong to say all Police Officers are of this crop as some of them are too good and well mannered to be true but it is not far from the truth to say more than 90% of them are bad eggs.

Also some of the feature here are common amongst the Military Officers, Naval Officers, Lastma Officials ranks.

Conclusively, Joining the Nigerian Police Force will most likely bring out the bad in you and may cause you to be avoided like wildfire so avoid NPF to avoid all this.

http://classikolic..nl/2017/07/5-reasons-why-you-should-never-join.html?m=1

Re: 5 Reason Why You Should Never Join The Nigerian Police Force by mike85060: 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
So because of your points, they should not join the police again? why not write on how to be a good police officer
Re: 5 Reason Why You Should Never Join The Nigerian Police Force by lebron7(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
mike85060:
So because of your points, they should not join the police again? why not write on how to be a good police officer
I don't understand some people[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders, Please Beware Of This New Scammer On Nairaland (mrfantastica) / PHOTOS + VIDEO: Nigerian Lady Stabbed Her Nigerian Boyfriend To Death In India / Sos!!! Open Letter To The Chief Judge Of The Federation/inspector General Of Pol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.