Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Hypertension- The Silent Killer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hypertension- The Silent Killer (302 Views)

Hypertension -the Silent Killer / Let's Discuss Hypertension! The 3 Part Exposé, by The Blue Pharmacist / Renal Failure: A Silent Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hypertension- The Silent Killer by mediclife1987(m): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hypertension- one of the commonest silent killers in the world.
I see people walk "confidently" into my clinic with time-bomb blood pressures like 215/130mmhg and when i tell them on the need to be admitted, they say "Doctor I'm fine, there's absolutely nothing wrong with me"

Hypertension is not like Malaria or Typhoid that gives warning symptoms at the start save for slight headaches and easy tiredness. However when Hypertension decides to make itself shown by way of a symptom, it usually comes out catastrophic.

Most common symptoms of Hypertension are actually complications that could have been averted by way of regular b.p monitoring and agreeing to treatment.

These complications are but not limited to: Stroke, Irrational talks with or without Convulsions(hypertensive encephalopathy), Heart attack; Acute heart failure, problems with the Aorta along with the unseen ongoing damage to the body's organs e.g Kidney which might later lead to the illness Kidney Disease in the nearest future. Hypertension is one of the commonest causes of Kidney Disease.

It is also good to know most people with Hypertension also have Diabetes Mellitus and a good Doctor will want to find that out.

On the whole Prevention will always remain better than Cure as my teacher Prof. Greg Erhabor taught us the best Doctor is the one who tries to make his services unnecessary.

Diet and lifestyle modification is key to prevention but if it's gotten to scary levels...get treated!!!

#Goodhealth...
goodhealthclinicsonline@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: New Born Baby Pregnant With Is Own Twin Brother (see Details) / You Need A Regular Stress Management Technique / Improved, Safer Zika Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.