Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. (703 Views)

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / I'm A Law Abiding Person Police Man On George Floyd Death / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by ovieokodhi(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right section to post this cause I am realy confused.
I reside in uwei local govt area of delta state and I am a tax payer . I happen to be the medical director of jah ropheka hospital along jakpa road.
My facility was robbed by some boys armed with guns and matches on the 11th July 2017. at about 4:30am. They carted away with valuables and cash of about #120,000 . the first thing I did was to make a report to the Ekpan division police who sent an I.P.O to follow us and see the damage the armed robbers wrecked on us on going back to the station we met the DPO explained everything cause even patients on addmisson where not spared by the robbers . but to my greatest surprise I was asked to open a file for filing my case which I was charged #6000 I had to pay #4000 .after paying this we were asked to give them the IMEI of any of the phones stolen so as to enable them track the robbers ,we gave them now to my greatest surprise again the DPO told the IPO one Emmanuel don't know his rank cause he was on mufty that I will have to pay another #70,000 as tracking fee I was even pleeding for #35000 they refused.
So I am confused as to how I will pay govt officials to do their job I am scared cos these robbers are still out there roaming freely robbing innocent citizens of valuables and the police are asking me to pay for tracking fee.
Pls op do assist me cause I know nairaland has solved a lot of problems like this I need this guys to be brought to book cause this is not the first time police here extort people when you make a complaints. If possible let the I.G here about this cause enough is enough I pay my tax regularly. Thanks in anticipation and anyone who has has gadget for tracking stolen phones should let me know as well.
Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by cuedish: 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Police is Nigerias number 1 enemy.
Followed by the politician.

I still wonder how and why guns is being given to illiterates who cannot read and write but to drink Alcohol 24/7.

3 Likes

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by phyllosilicate(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
In some cases, police are worse than robbers.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by teelaw4life(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
Police and Robbers...Birds of the same species, they just have different feathers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by Gobhanky: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
Baba them rob u 120k
U still wan pay another 70k
Plus 4k
U stupid sha.
Coti and robbers na d same
D only diff one is armed with a gun ready to kill and rob
While the other is using fine boi style to rob and extort from u.
If i get robbed.no big deal.
But the day i catch a robber.
Am giving him or them badoo style.
If smash dia heads up
The. Burn them with gas explosive.i will open a gas cylinder.tie them up to it.
Buy knockout.
Then throw the banger to the gas

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by marooh: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Only in nigeria!
Plaintiffs and suspect fear police and still police is still(steal) our Friend.

Sorry oga OP
Na because of this make even the government official to recruit THUGS as security

because nigeria police be like NO BE MY PAPA WORK NA grin

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Government licensed thieves

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by ovieokodhi(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sure i stupid cause na anxiety make me pay the first 4k before my eye clear
Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by ovieokodhi(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
marooh:
Only in nigeria!

Sorry oga OP
Na because of this make even the government official to recruit THUGS as security

true talk my brother seems they walk tigether
Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by ovieokodhi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
marooh:
Only in nigeria!

Sorry oga OP

true talk my brother seems they work together
Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by andyanders: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
phyllosilicate:
In some cases, police are worse than robbers.

No difference between the two.

The armed robbers form their own group to rob people but the corrupt Police officers that are involved in crime are officially armed by the government to rob. That is why they are known as Official Armed Robbers while the real robbers are group of hungry people looking for those to rob.

Reporting to the DPO at the station and his asking you to pay goes to show how corruption breeds.

What you do is to conceal a hidden phone with you and engage the said officers into negation as to what to pay. After the recording, take the case and have them reported to the state commissioners office and copy IG. Also, ask for police protection from the office of the IG or leave that area as they might come for your life,

The IG will not take it kindly with the said DPO asking you to pay,

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Nigeria Police Extortion From Law Abiding Citizens. by ovieokodhi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
andyanders:

No difference between the two.

The armed robbers form their own group to rob people but the corrupt Police officers that are involved in crime are officially armed by the government to rob. That is why they are known as Official Armed Robbers while the real robbers are group of hungry people looking for those to rob.

Reporting to the DPO at the station and his asking you to pay goes to show how corruption breeds.

What you do is to conceal a hidden phone with you and engage the said officers into negation as to what to pay. After the recording, take the case and have them reported to the state commissioners office and copy IG. Also, ask for police protection from the office of the IG or leave that area as they might come for your life,

The IG will not take it kindly with the said DPO asking you to pay,
you've spoken well I will try that. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Man Arrested With Human Parts In Ogun State / Young Boy Allegedly Runs Mad After Spending 10 Nights Sleeping In A Graveyard / US Court Jails Nigerian Hacker; Obinna Obioha (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.