Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders (5079 Views)

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Lagos Belongs To Awori, The Bini Met Them There- Akintoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Markfemi2:
Onitsha is also no mans land founded by Benin
Meanwhile in Onitsha cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HiLSkgNww8
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by thesicilian: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Markfemi2: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
Another proof onitsha is no mans land

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by vanbonattel: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
I wonder why yorubas were trying to claim Yoruba before, why the "attachee by force" cheesy
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Markfemi2: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Loool at how igbos are forgetting their onitsha was founded by Benin prince but na lagos them concentrate On well we will end the propaganda on this thread
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by vanbonattel: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

Meanwhile in Onitsha cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HiLSkgNww8

Nwa Chineke
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Youngzedd(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
iLoveConductor:

Nna o, how far na?

Onye condu, Udo di.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by iLoveConductor: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
[s]
Markfemi2:
Another proof onitsha is no mans land
[/s]
Trash.
I thought I asked you to shut up and get out? cheesy

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Markfemi2: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
No be me talk am

Philip Emagwali:I Am Yoruba from Onitsha And Onitsha Is Yoruba Land!

http://emeagwali.com/photos/yoruba/photo-essay-on-yoruba.html

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Ekykool(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
[center]THE BENIN ORIGIN OF ONITSHA[/center]

Most of the oral history one may get publicly from Onitsha elders and their Ndi-Nze will tell you that Onitsha is originally of Benin kingdom. This is true to some extent. The man Onitsha has the same origin with Benin who formed the Benin kingdom out of the Ancient Edo kingdom. Some Onitsha people were therefore part of the famous Edo kingdom, which had its headquarters in what is today called Benin City…

Although both Benin and Onitsha are of the same father, people regard Benin as a non-Igbo related kingdom while Onitsha is seen generally as a core Igbo kingdom…

The Aguleri account has it that Oba (third son of Eri) is the father of Edo, who in turn took over the kingdom from his father (Oba) after his death. Edo extended the kingdom greatly further westwards and almost established a boundary with the Yorubas at Ile-Ife, the land and kingdom of Oduduwa.

(Read more: Realities of Igbo History by Sir Nat Okafor-Ogbaji)
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by iLoveConductor: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
You see? Nobody is arguing because they know Benin owns Lagos geopolitically while Igbos dominate it economically. smiley
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by totit: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
grin
Yes! Ibos are dominating Lagos economy in their imaginary lifestyle but the whole of ibosjew land has the lowest IGR and contribute nothing to the nation's economy grin cool
totit:
Akiolu never said bini own Lagos... what he is saying in that video in essence is that the oba of bini is honoured during the coronation rite at Enuwa.

Also, the video is incomplete, if you watch the complete video(below), Akiolu said it clean clear that bini doesn't own lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Markfemi2: 3:03am On Jul 22, 2017
totit:
grin
Yes! Ibos are dominating Lagos economy in their imaginary lifestyle but the whole of ibosjew land has the lowest IGR and contribute nothing to the nation's economy grin cool

After asking them to show us 78% of lagos they owned they just dey repeat innoson

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by edkai: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening fellow nairalanders. Pardon me for having to deviate from the topic...please I'd like to solicit your support on behalf of one of my protégés. I am a teacher.
Her name is Ayeni Olohije from Edo state. She is contesting for a scholarship position at the Royal Arts Academy courtesy Emem Isong. She needs as many votes as she can get right now. The contest is a very stiff one. So please help her to take a step closer to her dream of being a movie director by following her unique link below and vote for her. You are free to also drop a comment. I assure you, your vote is not wasted. Thank you and God bless you. Here is her link;
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin, Co-founded By Igbo - Oba Of Lagos, Elders by Ayobami7(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogori Mangogo Ovia Osese Festival / ( Video ) Two African Men Fighting On The Bus / Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.