Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Who Are These Two Witnesses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are These Two Witnesses (3168 Views)

Who Are The Two Witnesses In The Bible / Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. / Names Of The Two Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ndipe:

If Elijah went to Heaven, explain the letter that appeared to King Jeroham after he went to Heaven.

Can you kindly give us more details as to the time this "letter" was written by Elijah as well as the time the king received it as you have claimed, specific biblical references will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by Ndipe(m): 12:19am On Feb 13, 2010
Jehoram received a letter from Elijah the prophet (after Elijah had ascended into heaven in a chariot of fire - see the Fact Finder question below) that informed the corrupt king that justice would soon be upon him.

"And a letter came to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, "Thus says The Lord, the God of David your father, 'Because you have not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father, or in the ways of Asa king of Judah [see Kings of Israel and Judah and Israelite Dynasties], but have walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and have led Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem into unfaithfulness, as the house of Ahab led Israel into unfaithfulness, and also you have killed your brothers, of your father's house, who were better than yourself; behold, The Lord will bring a great plague on your people, your children, your wives, and all your possessions, and you yourself will have a severe sickness with a disease of your bowels, until your bowels come out because of the disease, day by day.'" (2 Chronicles 21:12-15 RSV)

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2007/20071019.htm

Read the discussions here.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=25394770723&topic=25178
Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33am On Feb 13, 2010
Ndipe:

Jehoram received a letter from Elijah the prophet (after Elijah had ascended into heaven in a chariot of fire - see the Fact Finder question below) that informed the corrupt king that justice would soon be upon him.

"And a letter came to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, "Thus says The Lord, the God of David your father, 'Because you have not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father, or in the ways of Asa king of Judah [see Kings of Israel and Judah and Israelite Dynasties], but have walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and have led Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem into unfaithfulness, as the house of Ahab led Israel into unfaithfulness, and also you have killed your brothers, of your father's house, who were better than yourself; behold, The Lord will bring a great plague on your people, your children, your wives, and all your possessions, and you yourself will have a severe sickness with a disease of your bowels, until your bowels come out because of the disease, day by day.'" (2 Chronicles 21:12-15 RSV)

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2007/20071019.htm

Read the discussions here.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=25394770723&topic=25178

Your first link shows the beliefs of some folks who don't believe that the spirit and souls of those who die go to heaven, they believe that they stay asleep in the grave till the resurrection.  The second link shows the views of an Islamic scholar who believes that his quoran says that Enoch and Elijah did not go to heaven.  I must say that I am not impressed by either of them.

Elijah prophesied in Israel, but he was also concerned with Jehoram’s apostasy in Judah. Apparently, shortly before his translation into heaven he sent this prophetic letter by a messenger to King Jehoram, predicting his untimely and painful death. This is the only time we see a letter written by Elijah in the Bible. Elijah and Elisha were primarily based in the northern kingdom, and were covered by the book of 1st and 2nd Kings, whereas the book of Chronicles focuses almost exclusively on Judah where Jehoram reigned. The letter is evidence that Elijah was well aware of what was happening in Judah.
Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by Joagbaje(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
Ndipe:

I believe this is another issue entirely and has no relevance to your claim that Elijah died. It is easier to believe a letter came from a man that is alive in heaven than letter from a dead man if he had died .But definately there must have been a mistake somewhere. Ive not studied it in details but I know there had been a challenge of chronology in some bible stories like the story of david still beeing in the father's house or being under saul when he was anointed. Some stories had such challenges. I will do a study on it. thanks
Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by Ndipe(m): 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2010
I had no clue that the link on facebook is directed or has Islamic undertones, otherwise, I would not have relied on it. Some Christian scholars have stated that prior to the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross, no man could be admitted into Heaven because the atonement for our sins had not yet been paid. Rather, the saints were, upon their death, moved to a section of Hades called Abraham's bosom. Jesus Christ said in John 3:13, "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." This, in my own interpretation means that no man had ever ascended to Heaven, except Jesus Christ. Another verse in the Holy Bible Hebrews 11:13 (King James Version) says, "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

http://ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html
Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by AbuZola3(m): 11:28pm On Feb 13, 2010
Fraud . Hehehehe
Re: Who Are These Two Witnesses by Joagbaje(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am An Atheist Ask Me Any Anything Part 2 / Babalawos, Traditionalists And Herbalists A Whatsapp Group For You! / The Seven Principalities Of Satan's Rebellious Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.