Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused (2466 Views)

Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave / Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2017
Hey! Nlanders this is important so you know the exact reasons for my action (please don't mind my grammar o). This is my first time of creating a thread and i hope it gets to a place were those who have experienced it can advice and those who are yet to experience it can learn. I have been doing this internship job in a branch of an industrial company for quite a while now (timing and attendance or biometric engineer) after much dedication the manager of another branch of same company who always sees me and likes me (don't know why though) told me to come to Ikorodu where the other branch of the company was located. He told me to see him on Thursday last week which i was glad because i knew something positive will come out. That faithful Thursday i was sharp and early at the office when i looked there was no one operating the system for the biometrics (timing and attendance) so i knew it was my time after the long months of internship and years without a reasonable job. I went upstairs for a short and simple interview from the Indian(head) in that branch because i already knew the job, only for him to tell me to start as a trainer this week Monday 17th July 2017 but there is someone handling it already so He has to train me the Indian added. I was surprised turned and looked at the manager and he said i should wait outside and their discussion took quite a while so i knew something wasn't right, the manager took me downstairs and introduced me to the biometrics man after the introductions the manager gave the order 'train him for one week' i saw he's eyes but kept quiet. It will be almost impossible for someone who you want to take over from to train you especially when its not a promotion but termination of appointment. I started on Monday and in no time we became friends, i was very open and he too was very open. He handled the training very well and gave me more information that i never knew even gave me food that the company never made provisions for and carries me with his car to my bus stop. He became more like an elder brother to me. This is a married man with two kids. To cut the long story, the manager had plans to remove the biometrics engineer not because He did not do he's job well but because the manager liked me and wanted to use me to set my trainer up so He loses the job and i take He's place. I turned down the offer because i'm a Christian and it doesn't follow what my bible says. Everybody in the company is disappointed but my mind is at rest. Nlanders has anyone gone through similar case like this? Please anyone that can connect me to a company I'm all available. Timing and Attendance (biometrics) please email me. iphibobo@yahoo.co..m

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by xtivin(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2017
The kingdom of heaven allows pressing, you turned down the offer not because you are Christian o, but to me the same thing done to your boss will also be done to you over time. So you took a wise decision but forget christianity. Naturally some people are designed to be fore runners, Jesus took over from John the baptist abi?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by monimekaz(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2017
It was a good thing to do but not the right one . You can't go far in life doing the good things .Life is all about doing the right ,that is what takes you far

3 Likes

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2017
xtivin:
The kingdom of heaven allows pressing, you turned down the offer not because you are Christian o, but to me the same thing done to your boss will also be done to you over time. So you took a wise decision but forget christianity. Naturally some people are designed to be fore runners, Jesus took over from John the baptist abi?.
so i'm the Jesus?
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 10:51am On Jul 22, 2017
monimekaz:
It was a good thing to do but not the right one . You can't go far in life doing the good things .Life is all about doing the right ,that is what takes you far
I'm sorry sir but you can actually go very far in life doing the right thing. Even when God anointed David he never knew peace or sat on the throne or touched God's anointed till Saul died. If he had been sacked before i came in i would have accepted the job. If he wasn't doing the job right i would have accepted it. I saw no fault my mind couldn't even when the salary was more than average

7 Likes

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by monimekaz(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2017
iphi:
I'm sorry sir but you can actually go very far in life doing the right thing. Even when God anointed David he never knew peace or sat on the throne or touched God's anointed till Saul died. If he had been sacked before i came in i would have accepted the job. If he wasn't doing the job right i would have accepted it. I saw no fault my mind couldn't even when the salary was more than average

David in old testament . Now Jesus in the new testament was going about doing good . The time came for prisoners to be released ppl prefer the criminal to Jesus . And you were talking about David ..is Killing a man to take his wife a good a thing ? It is the right thing to do because the saviour of the whole world came through the lineage of that woman that is married mischievously. Christians read Bible but they don't understand the content and that's y most of them are not making any impact in the world .Have you forgotten how Jacob took his brother's birthright ? And so on like that .Read your Bible. Anywhere the Israelites go,they kill other people's dream to build thier own dream .

2 Likes

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by lereinter(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2017
monimekaz:

David in old testament . Now Jesus in the new testament was going about doing good . The time came for prisoners to be released ppl prefer the criminal to Jesus . And you were talking about David ..is Killing a man to take his wife a good a thing ? It is the right thing to do because the saviour of the whole world came through the lineage of that woman that is married mischievously. Christians read Bible but they don't understand the content and that's y most of them are not making any impact in the world .Have you forgotten how Jacob took his brother's birthright ? And so on like that .Read your Bible. Anywhere the Israelites go,they kill other people's dream to build thier own dream .

but joseph didnt sleep with the woman because his heart said no

the guy mind said no to the process

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by monimekaz(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2017
lereinter:

but joseph didnt sleep with the woman because his heart said no

the guy mind said no to the process

After the whole thing Jacob still have a country named after him even up till today ..sleeping with that woman doesn't make any difference between in his life (Joseph)..Sleeping with your boss's wife is good thing to do but not the right thing to do .Get my point

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
you are on the right track
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
monimekaz:

you are entitled to your own opinion but there is one thing i strongly believe, what ever is your own is your own, comes easy but Remember before you become a leader you must become a loyal follower. You don't steal leadership you earn it. What advice/picture will i give/paint to/for my kids? fight and kill, do whatever it takes to get to the top?

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Destined2win: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why should you be worried about you grammar?
English is a borrowed language
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
monimekaz:

I'm really struggling to understand your position, what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Destined2win:
Why should you be worried about you grammar?
English is a borrowed language
you know Nlanders na
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by xtivin(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
In as much as you took a decision based on religion, that's good and lovely. But the truth is in life you must step on toes no matter how you try to run away, there are some organisations that need your skill but don't need your type even if you have it. Religion is practical, why did you think David has enemies?? Because he stepped on toes, are you saying David's enemies are not God's favourites?, No because David was doing something better. You lack mental strength, am a very good Christian, but it's love your neighbour as yourself not more than yourself. In this case you have loved your neighbour more than yourself. Do you even know that the man you think you are protecting, God might have decided to relocate him to a better job but you have altered it. The ministry of Jesus I personally regard it as undeserved kindness, love and truth. Try to be like Jesus but of a truth you can't be Jesus because Jesus didn't come a natural process.
Before I forget, you seem to like david...after David was God's delight, hence God installed him in as a king, God promised the isrealite that he will take them to a land flowing with milk and honey, my brother that land was another man's land o. Read the bible with understanding

3 Likes

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
xtivin:
You lack mental strength, am a very good Christian, but it's love your neighbour as yourself not more than yourself. In this case you have loved your neighbour more than yourself
urm!!! Wow!!! Do you really know what love is? and there are differences between both of us fighting for same job and i'm favoured and me fighting to over throw some one in a cunning way. Remember if you read well the way and manner the job was coming was crafty.
xtivin:
Do you even know that the man you think you are protecting, God might have decided to relocate him to a better job but you have altered it.
God is not the author of confusion. He would have been removed before i even set my foot there.
xtivin:
The ministry of Jesus I personally regard it as undeserved kindness, love and truth. Try to be like Jesus but of a truth you can't be Jesus because Jesus didn't come a natural process.
how can you claim to be a Christian and you can't be like Jesus? What is the meaning of Christian?
xtivin:

Before I forget, you seem to like david...after David was God's delight, hence God installed him in as a king, God promised the isrealite that he will take them to a land flowing with milk and honey, my brother that land was another man's land o. Read the bible with understanding
hmmm.... My brother please read the way and manner this job is coming. Your ways are logical. Think and think again if you were the one training me how will you react when i tell you after this training I'm taking over your job? An innocent man with kids? I'm single and can only worry about my stomach. But because of your selfishness putting innocent kids in hunger and other issues? My brother how far?
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by xtivin(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
iphi:
urm!!! Wow!!! Do you really know what love is? and there are differences between both of us fighting for same job and i'm favoured and me fighting to over throw some one in a cunning way. Remember if you read well the way and manner the job was coming was crafty.God is not the author of confusion. He would have been removed before i even set my foot there. how can you claim to be a Christian and you can't be like Jesus? What is the meaning of Christian? hmmm.... My brother please read the way and manner this job is coming. Your ways are logical. Think and think again if you were the one training me how will you react when i tell you after this training I'm taking over your job? An innocent man with kids? I'm single and can only worry about my stomach. But because of your selfishness putting innocent kids in hunger and other issues? My brother how far?
My brother, The bible recommends we do everything moderately. But if you feel you acted with wisdom then move on

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
WTF im I reading all over this thread?
There's a reason why we have different sections in this forum. There is no need to go all churchy in a jobs section.
OP you did the right and ethical thing.
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by daryoor(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
i dont understand you. is it your fathers company. the Management's decision is beyond you. who told u the guy preference for you is basically emotional, you said he likes you, if you were worse than the guy before you think he'll prefer you? the guy sees something of value that puts you above the other guy, you declining means you dont value progress you value sentiment. so they should not sack a family man? i dont even know what the man saw in you in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Sanchez01: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Apparently you are not ready to work. If the said family man was super good at his job, the likeness of your Head would have not been enough to want to replace him.

You might have considered what you have done to be noble but what if he ends up being fired and some other person is recruited in his place?

Being churchy or religious in the corporate world would not see you go far. You could as well take up the job of a church administrator if you would go on pitying every one.

Yes, I sound mean but you must understand that the corporate world is like an ocean. Often times, the jellies end up being tossed without a defined purpose.

Now you are asking to be emailed for an opening when you cannot ascertain for sure whether the person you backed out for would still be able to retain the job for three more months or even the following month.

The sad reality is that a man might never be elevated at the expense of another. Life isn't rosy in any way. Please, go and pick up 'Art of War' and 'The 48 Laws of Power'.

All the best in your quest.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Sanchez01: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
careytommy7:
WTF im I reading all over this thread?
There's a reason why we have different sections in this forum. There is no need to go all churchy in a jobs section.
OP you did the right and ethical thing.
There is neither nothing right with what he did nor ethical.

Yes, he is human and empathy remains one of our attributes but believe me when I say that sentiments are quite dangerous in the business world.

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by Rumplesteelskin: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerians are too sentimental, always quick to bring God into everything. What you did is totally Unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
daryoor:
i dont understand you. is it your fathers company. the Management's decision is beyond you. who told u the guy preference for you is basically emotional, you said he likes you, if you were worse than the guy before you think he'll prefer you? the guy sees something of value that puts you above the other guy, you declining means you dont value progress you value sentiment. so they should not sack a family man? i dont even know what the man saw in you in the first instance.
i understand your pain but please it was the managers personal decision and the plan was to make an innocent man lose his job by making me twist data in the system and he shows the head so they can nail him. Do you even know the implication of that?
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Rumplesteelskin:
Nigerians are too sentimental, always quick to bring God into everything. What you did is totally Unprofessional.
unprofessional? Lying and cheating someone off their job? Boss if you were the trainer and you later found out what your trainee did that got you sacked what will you do to him?
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sanchez01:
Apparently you are not ready to work. If the said family man was super good at his job, the likeness of your Head would have not been enough to want to replace him.

You might have considered what you have done to be noble but what if he ends up being fired and some other person is recruited in his place?

Being churchy or religious in the corporate world would not see you go far. You could as well take up the job of a church administrator if you would go on pitying every one.

Yes, I sound mean but you must understand that the corporate world is like an ocean. Often times, the jellies end up being tossed without a defined purpose.

Now you are asking to be emailed for an opening when you cannot ascertain for sure whether the person you backed out for would still be able to retain the job for three more months or even the following month.

The sad reality is that a man might never be elevated at the expense of another. Life isn't rosy in any way. Please, go and pick up 'Art of War' and 'The 48 Laws of Power'.

All the best in your quest.
i fully understand everybody want to be at the top. I stand my ground on this you don't have to bring everybody down because you want to be on top. Why are people not listening, you plot with someone to bring another man down? I ask you again if you were my trainer and you found out i changed some figures that got you sacked what will you do to me?
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by monimekaz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
The simple reality is that you are not ready for the reality of life yet . You were given a responsibility just once ,you messed it up . A time will come for u to take a very stern decision for the growth of the company ,if a person like u manages the company ,you will be too emotional to take a decisive and right decision
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by mexite: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
@OP, I can confidently say you are a conscientious, empathetic and principled person. Your situation is very understandable as you were not invited to fill a vacant position but to displace another person and wrongfully (distorting data to indicate the present occupier). Not many people will applaud your character, not especially here, as many are doing far worse things in their workplace just to get promotion-pulling others down to rise through the ranks.

I have also faced undue antagonism at work by junior staff members who want to usurp and supplant me at work but I've always come victorious.
Do not worry, you will be rewarded with better job.

iphi:
i understand your pain but please it was the managers personal decision and the plan was to make an innocent man lose his job by making me twist data in the system and he shows the head so they can nail him. Do you even know the implication of that?
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by monimekaz(m): 7:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
mexite:
@OP, I can confidently say you are a conscientious, empathetic and principled person. Your situation is very understandable as you were not invited to fill a vacant position but to displace another person and wrongfully (distorting data to indicate the present occupier). Not many people will applaud your character, not especially here, as many are doing far worse things in their workplace just to get promotion-pulling others down to rise through the ranks.

I have also faced undue antagonism at work by junior staff members who want to usurp and supplant me at work but I've always come victorious.

Ooh ooh ..You didn't tell us this before then ..No point then ..You did the right thing
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
monimekaz:

Ooh ooh ..You didn't tell us this before then ..No point then ..You did the right thing
i pointed out the reason from the very beginning you were too jumpy so u missed the point.
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by monimekaz(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
iphi:
i pointed out the reason from the very beginning you were too jumpy so u missed the point.

Apologies ...I didn't read that part ..That could have been a step too far ...You did the right thing bro
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by daryoor(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
iphi:

sorry i read your post again i missed the part where they wanted you to set him up. you should have talked sense to the manager to grow some balls and sack who he wants to sack, he doesn't need you to implicate someone.
Re: I Was Called To Take Over My Trainers Job But I Refused by iphi(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
mexite:

boss thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency Recruitment 2018 – See How To App / How Legitimate Is This Invite Port Harcourt People / Urgent Vacancy For Immediate Employment!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.