Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

New Blog Site For Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New Blog Site For Review (998 Views)

Submit Your Sites Url For Review, And Get Quality Backlinks / Place Your Woocommerce Site Or Affiliate Marketing Site For Review And Backlinks / Submit Your Site Link Here For Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Blog Site For Review by olak3: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
I need you guys to help me review this new blog. It was created about a month ago and i want to apply for google AdSense.

www.toptechblitz.com.ng

1 Like

Re: New Blog Site For Review by Afam4eva(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
A lot of things are wrong with your site.

Firstly, the font that you used for the menu items and the headers are a no no. Look for something more simple and clear. Secondly, the color combination is not good for the sight. Yours is a tech blog and you should try as much as possible to keep things simple.

1 Like

Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Applying for adsense aint issue. Do you have at least 70 visitors a day?
olak3:
I need you guys to help me review this new blog. It was created about a month ago and i want to apply for google AdSense.

www.toptechblitz.com.ng
And everyone now create a blog to make money...
Re: New Blog Site For Review by olak3: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Firstly, the font that you used for the menu items and the headers are a no no. Look for something more simple and clear. Secondly, the color combination is not good for the sight. Yours is a tech blog and you should try as much as possible to keep things simple.
thanks i will look into it. maybe i should change the theme
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
He should chnge the template totally. I cnt even read a single post in peace.

See below..
Afam4eva:

Even the Fonts are shouting..

Re: New Blog Site For Review by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
ElizaVeta:

See below..

olak3:

thanks i will look into it. maybe i should change the theme
Yes, please fo change it. There are good free themes out there.

1 Like

Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
This blog is blinding.. Just within few seconds, I'm already having a margarine.

Work on the appearance bro..
Re: New Blog Site For Review by twosquare(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Help me review this....https://www.techbiz101.com

Cc.ElizaVeta
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Afam4eva(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
twosquare:

Cc.ElizaVeta
The first thing i noticed was that the site load speed. it was pretty slow. I thought it was just from my end until i tested the speed at GTMetrix and it shows how slow it is.

Secondly, the theme is too basic. You may need to change it to somethiing more appealing.

1 Like

Re: New Blog Site For Review by twosquare(m): 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

The first thing i noticed was that the site load speed. it was pretty slow. I thought it was just from my end until i tested the speed at GTMetrix and it shows how slow it is.

Secondly, the theme is too basic. You may need to change it to somethiing more appealing.
okay...thanks.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Sometimes the issue can be from his host or the kind of plugins installed.. I once went through this and it was very frustrating.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Afam, can you help review my blog www.mortalpoet.com? Thanks. What can I work on?
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Afam, can you help review my blog www.mortalpoet.com? Thanks. What can I work on?
Your theme is a pretty basic one and i think you can add some life to it. See if you can create a simple logo instead of a plain text. The page also seems kinda bland. I mean the white spaces are too much.

But on mobile devices, it's not as bad and can be managed. More people use mobile devices to browse anyways.

1 Like

Re: New Blog Site For Review by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Your theme is a pretty basic one and i think you can add some life to it. See if you can create a simple logo instead of a plain text. The page also seems kinda bland. I mean the white spaces are too much.

But on mobile devices, it's not as bad and can be managed. More people use mobile devices to browse anyways.
Okay. Thanks. You know any site where I can design free logos or how much it will cost to do one?
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
twosquare:

Cc.ElizaVeta
Your site loaded fast on my mobile phone. But if someone complains of slow loading,consider installing the plugin called Wp cache etc or installing the popular AMP by google.

It loads pages pretty fast when found on google like 5 seconds.
Usually with the AMP version and logo.

Again,It gives your blog a boost in Serp.

Speaking of,your site. You can as well consider placing some widgets like "Recent Posts" at the footer.

Like afam4eva said ... logo is not interesting. You know what to do. Search the internet for good sites you can design good logos.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
twoSquare,

You can goto Canva or download Desygner.

Both allows you to design from scratch and not some other logo sites that has already dull designed template logos.

With those two I mentioned,you can enter your custom pixels eg 300x90 .

So it can fit the header of your site,besure to know your header size also before kicking off.

1 Like

Re: New Blog Site For Review by twosquare(m): 2:57am On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:
Your site loaded fast on my mobile phone. But if someone complains of slow loading,consider installing the plugin called Wp cache etc or installing the popular AMP by google.

It loads pages pretty fast when found on google like 5 seconds.
Usually with the AMP version and logo.

Again,It gives your blog a boost in Serp.

Speaking of,your site. You can as well consider placing some widgets like "Recent Posts" at the footer.

Like afam4eva said ... logo is not interesting. You know what to do. Search the internet for good sites you can design good logos.
Okay, thanks.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by olak3: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:

See below..

Can you please Check it now: www.toptechblitz.com.ng
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2017
olak3:

Can you please Check it now: www.toptechblitz.com.ng
wow.. Its awesome now! Everything is good even Header! grin

But don't forget to make a paragragh have like 50 words or less.
Make paragraghs in other to have short sentences.

It increases your search engine exposure and readability to readers like us.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:

Please kindly review mine, it's just 5days old.
www.fototech.com.ng
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

Please, kindly review mine, it's just 5days old
www.fototech.com.ng
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Omagzee:

Please kindly review mine, it's just 5days old.
www.fototech.com.ng
First, I would want to comment on your niche. Photo blogs are one of the less competitive niches in Nigeria. You can make something out from it later.

Again, consider changing your theme. There are hundreds of free premium themes in google.
Yours is not interesting or appealing.

My honest review!
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Omagzee:

Please, kindly review mine, it's just 5days old
www.fototech.com.ng
I think your theme is on point. However, i think it still needs to depict what the site is about. Apart from the name that tells me that it's a Photography site, nothing else points to that fact. What i'll sugest you do is get a logo designed no matter how minimal. You can have a logo where the name "FOTOTECH" is written with the first "O" being replaced with a circular eye. You do also change the header background to show an image of someone snapping a picture of just a camera. Finally, a little bit of color would do to give it more life.

That's all i have for now.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:
First, I would want to comment on your niche. Photo blogs are one of the less competitive niches in Nigeria. You can make something out from it later.

Again, consider changing your theme. There are hundreds of free premium themes in google.
Yours is not interesting or appealing.

My honest review!

Trust me, I have searched far and wide for free premium themes and this is the best I could come up with. Free themes are always not appealing u know? Do you have any you can recommend for me?
And did you have problems loading the featured images on the site?

Thanks for your review.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

I think your theme is on point. However, i think it still needs to depict what the site is about. Apart from the name that tells me that it's a Photography site, nothing else points to that fact. What i'll sugest you do is get a logo designed no matter how minimal. You can have a logo where the name "FOTOTECH" is written with the first "O" being replaced with a circular eye. You do also change the header background to show an image of someone snapping a picture of just a camera. Finally, a little bit of color would do to give it more life.

That's all i have for now.

Thanks, the theme doesn't support Header images if I am not mistaken. I have been thinking of that logo long ago but I am just being lazy.

About the colors, any suggestions at all?

Did you experience any issues with loading the images on the site?
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Afam4eva(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Omagzee:

Thanks, the theme doesn't support Header images if I am not mistaken. I have been thinking of that logo long ago but I am just being lazy.

About the colors, any suggestions at all?

Did you experience any issues with loading the images on the site?
The images are loading fine.

If you have some HTML skills, you can add a header image even if the theme does not support it.

As far as color goes, try red or blue but it should be minimal. Black should remain the main color.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

The images are loading fine.

If you have some HTML skills, you can add a header image even if the theme does not support it.

As far as color goes, try red or blue but it should be minimal. Black should remain the main color.

Thanks a million, lemme tweak it.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by olak3: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:

Thanks so so much
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
Omagzee:

Trust me, I have searched far and wide for free premium themes and this is the best I could come up with. Free themes are always not appealing u know? Do you have any you can recommend for me?
And did you have problems loading the featured images on the site?

Thanks for your review.
No.The featured images were good.

As for the premium free themes,sometimes free themes don't add up,unless for premium themes.

Thats what makes a blog professional etc.

Suggest any premium theme on Studiopress or else where. I'll tell you if I have it. But you will pay 50% of it.

If not,you can keep using the previous one untill you're fit to get a pro theme.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:
No.The featured images were good.

As for the premium free themes,sometimes free themes don't add up,unless for premium themes.

Thats what makes a blog professional etc.

Suggest any premium theme on Studiopress or else where. I'll tell you if I have it. But you will pay 50% of it.

If not,you can keep using the previous one untill you're fit to get a pro theme.

Yes, free premium theme on wordpress. I guess you meant to type wordpress rather than studiopress.

That's what I had in mind; manage this one until I can get a premium theme.
Re: New Blog Site For Review by ElizaVeta(f): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Omagzee:

Yes, free premium theme on wordpress. I guess you meant to type wordpress rather than studiopress.

That's what I had in mind; manage this one until I can get a premium theme.
Nop. I meant Studiopress or else where which can be the wordpress themes.

Okay
Re: New Blog Site For Review by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
ElizaVeta:
Nop. I meant Studiopress or else where which can be the wordpress themes.

Okay

Now I get, I am researching Studiopress already

(1) (Reply)

Tatafonaija Has Been Hacked Down / Awoof Deal.. / Six Ways To Make Your Content Shareable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.