Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME (933 Views)

Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy / Ex-Medical Student Bags First Class In Mass Communication At UNILAG. / UNIBEN Medical Student Bags 19 Awards At His School's Convocation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by deturla: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
A young Nigerian, Eugene Chidiebere Xavier Ikejemba made academic achievement in the Netherlands after he graduated with his PhD Degree in two and half years whilst publishing seven scientific articles in high ranked journals even without access to funding for his research, a feat that would usually require five years to a decade or more to accomplish.

Before his achieving this feat, Dr. Eugene, 27, obtained his bachelor degrees in both Computer Science and Industrial Engineering with a 4.0 out of a 4.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in both South Africa and Cyprus respectively.

Dr. Eugene, who obtained his PhD Degree from the University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands, focused his research on enhancing sustainable development in Sub-Saharan Africa. An interest that arose out of speaking to people who were without power for 6 months in Nigeria that led to loss of jobs and businesses. In his research he investigates why so many projects fail in the energy sector in countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Malawi, Kenya etc. and goes on to develop a framework of implementation that must be considered by stakeholders hoping to succeed in the current boom of renewable energy projects in the region.

His defence which was held at the University of Twente on June 29th was attended by high profile professors from around the world including Nigeria, Turkey, Hungary, United States, the Netherlands etc. Dr. Eugene attributes his motivation to the current situation of the region of Sub-Saharan Africa that is for some reason according to him, remains stagnant in under-development despite the billions of euros being poured into the region. He further attributes his success to the support he received from his promoter, his supervisor, family and friends.

Currently, the models and framework of Dr. Eugene is being utilized in the implementation of renewable energy projects across multiple countries in the region of the Sub-Sahara for them to be sustainable and to create long-lasting jobs, as he indicates is his goal for the region. When asked about his next targets – Dr. Eugene indicates that he would continue to focus on the “true” sustainable development of the region of Sub-Saharan Africa by developing only applicable solutions to the issues of power, job creation and migration of Africans.

A copy of his thesis can be found on: http://deedeesblog.com/nigerian-student-bags-incredible-phd-achievement-record-time/

Cc: mynd44
Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by whitebeard(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
cool tribal idiots pls come in
Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by chukwui(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
Early to bed, early to rise.
God help us!
Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by Spicy06: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Congratulations, nice 1. We hv brains in Nigeria. So loving my country kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by Uniquewhyte99(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Congratulations plus nice choice of outfit, Indeed he reps Naija.

1 Like

Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by mgbadike81: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
whitebeard:
cool tribal idiots pls come in
we all know that you're a well known tribal idiot, you're angry because he's not one of your own. Igbo kwenu,Biafra kwezuonu

2 Likes

Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by whitebeard(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
mgbadike81:
we all know that you're a well known tribal idiot, you're angry because he's not one of your own. Igbo kwenu,Biafra kwezuonu
u are not fighting for biafra that's the truth, ipob are fighting for another type of country entirely different from the biafra of old, so pls tell KANU to change the name from biafra to something else he is using biafra name, he is actually insulting the people that gave their life for the cause. Beg KANU to name his movement something else other than biafra.
Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by mgbadike81: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
whitebeard:
u are not fighting for biafra that's the truth, ipob are fighting for another type of country entirely different from the biafra of old, so pls tell KANU to change the name from biafra to something else he is using biafra name, he is actually insulting the people that gave their life for the cause. Beg KANU to name his movement something else other than biafra.
after the Hausa vs Yoruba clash at ife,only yorubas were arrested including an oba,they're still unjustly detained till today plus many other problems affecting the yorubas but you hardly see them agitate or discuss their problems rather they would be moving from one igbo thread to another spewing hatred over what is not their concern. a famous sage said that "an unexamined life is not worth living"
Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by whitebeard(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
mgbadike81:
after the Hausa vs Yoruba clash at ife,only yorubas were arrested including an oba,they're still unjustly detained till today plus many other problems affecting the yorubas but you hardly see them agitate or discuss their problems rather they would be moving from one igbo thread to another spewing hatred over what is not their concern. a famous sage said that "an unexamined life is not worth living"
u do realise what u are saying is totally different from I am saying, I dont give a fuçk about the oba, that's his people's business not mine, my business is Nigeria, besides if I ask u about the full story about that incident will u be able to provide it, even if u did how will u prove that it's legit. Pls see the below pic and tell me that wasn't out of hatred towards Nigeria. I think u should mail that quote to your leader not me.

Re: 27 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN STUDENT BAGS INCREDIBLE PHD ACHIEVEMENT IN RECORD TIME by VoltageDivida(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
WOW!!!
That's one hell of an achievement. I envy this guy and wish I could achieve same unfortunately am nearly his age and still managing a bachelor's degree.
Congrats bro

(1) (Reply)

Where To Collect WAEC GCE Results, Closest WAEC Office Or … / Apply For 100% Chevening Scholarships 2018/2019 / Oau 2017/2018 Postutme Screening Test Result Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.