Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,577 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Emeka In The Lion's Den! Story Of A Nigerian In The Lion's Den - Osita Chidoka - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Emeka In The Lion's Den! Story Of A Nigerian In The Lion's Den - Osita Chidoka (494 Views)

Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) / Escaped Lion Found In Kano Zoo After Devouring Goats In Their Cage / Emeka Nelson Invents Generator That Runs On Water (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emeka In The Lion's Den! Story Of A Nigerian In The Lion's Den - Osita Chidoka by todaynewsreview: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Great pictures of man living his dreams and exploring the world around him. The comments are really the subject of my post, most of them focused on dissuading him from such strange and dangerous mission. Some reminded him of his wife and children while others made mockery of his buccaneering spirit.

Sadly that is the African story; a reluctance to explore, deep fear of the unknown, unquenchable love of the unexplored life, a rabid desire to enforce the average and a strong anti-heroic culture.

Everything we enjoy with hedonistic pleasure was the effort of an exploring mind undeterred by fear and supported by a culture of heroism. From Columbus setting sail from Europe to the wright brothers attempting to fly, to missionaries traveling through unknown territories to spread the gospel the constant was the conquering of fear and a spirit of domination.

Africa and indeed Ndi Igbo cannot progress if young people live in the comfort of the unexamined life, do not take risks not linked to material returns, sustain a culture of anti-heroism and refuse to conquer fear. The world is for those who dare and if you die daring then like Roosevelt said and I paraphrase "Emeka your place will not be with the cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

As for me, I have decided to live daring, to conquer fear, explore the world around me, and dance to the rhythm of my soul. Emeka, bungee jumping is my next port of call, of course, after defeating the clay footed gods in Anambra in November.

Emeka Ezekwe replied

Many thanks Ike Obosi for your kind words and beautiful analysis,this is exactly what propels my creative temper and existence....to discover hidden truths,explore the unknown and increase my knowledge of the world and things around me.......the lion encounter experience has been in my bucket list for ages until l got the opportunity to actualize it recently in South Africa after many visits and attempts......the minder was encouraged by my "audacity " especially when l told him that l wanted to do something different......l witnessed first hand the total control ,bond and trust between the minder and the two lions, he "introduced" me to them before bringing them out of the enclosure after giving me a briefing about how to behave .....they signified their acceptance of our "friendship " with a hi five from the minder,l was instructed on what to do,and where to touch them......one of my take away fro this encounter is the need to "demystify " quite a whole lot "myths" and auras about certain unquestioned and unexplored "truths" about our existence and the creatures cohabiting with us in this planet......fear is sometimes and most times "overrated " ,most things we try to achieve in life is always at the other side of fear and reluctance to dream or dare.Any time l travel,l always try to utilize all my spare time sightseeing,exploring and building indelible pictures in my "minds" eyes, some experience have some subliminal effect...this is one of them.....for me ,life is not defined by the number of breaths we take ....but by the moments that take the breaths away,let's seize our "moments".......this is always my mantra.....

Ike Obosi, on the eve of my birthday 2years ago ,l "confronted " my fears about heights by having a bungee jump experience at Orlando Tower in Soweto .......awesome experience .......as for Anambra governorship race, we are solidly behind you,we need a new conversation in our politics, development,your entry into the race has changed all permutations......Victoria acerta !!!

More here: http://naijanewsheadlines..com.ng/2017/07/emeka-in-lions-den-story-of-nigerian-in.html

Re: Emeka In The Lion's Den! Story Of A Nigerian In The Lion's Den - Osita Chidoka by todaynewsreview: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Core I7, Nvidia 2gb For Sale / / Get Quick And Easy Loans When Needed With V-xchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.