Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church (12116 Views)

12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" / How To Identify Pharisees In Your Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church by rexben(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
staggerman:

Comparing church to business
YEAH. There is pretty no difference between church and business. They are both run alike
Re: 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church by Princewell2012(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
dietsono:
Guilty of 6, 7, 9 and 12. Father please forgive me for i know not what am doing.......... Promise to turn a new leaf as regards these. Thank you for you have answered my prayers....... In Jesus Name i have prayed....... Amen.
HMMM The same thing with me, am almost guilty of all but the only different is that i used to go to church early, Do you know i have to bookmark it. The reason why i left my former church was because i was ask to write a letter. May God forgive us and strengthen us. Today i almost not absent from the church because of my clothe. And u would not blame me much for that, due to the way people will look at you if you did not dress properly. I left home on Thursday morning, my work is 24hrs in and out only for my colleague to called me on phone that he was very sick and my church is very close to my office in v.i do you know i was relieved this morning, yet today is the day of our anivasery, it is not possible for me to go home and comes back again, so i just have to made up my mind and summoned courage to enter into the church. Yes they were all surprised but no one asked me any question why i dressed that way to church even on the anniversary day.

Moreover the love of the brethren have actually waxed cold.
Re: 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=ADEWUMIMichael post=58738931]HOW TO IDENTIFY PHARISEES IN YOUR CHURCH

1. They go to work early but come to church late.

2. They beg their boss when they err but threaten to leave church whenever there is a misunderstanding.

3. They work hard to be promoted at work but treat the work of God with levity.

4. They pay all their dues in the workplace but refuse to pay tithe in the church.

5. They buy costly things for their boss to get favour but can't even buy airtime for their pastor.

6. When they are not going to be in the office, they take permission ahead from their superior; but expect pastor and elders to pay them visits when they miss church without notice.

7. They fear and respect their boss than their pastor and even sometimes more than God.

8. When they are sick they manage to go to work but they cannot manage to come to the church.

9. They take official query serious but handle divine rebuke with disdain.

10. They tolerate their colleagues in the workplace but cannot tolerate the brethren.

11. They turn off their phones at workplace, but use calls to distract other worshippers in Church.

12. They can work overtime in the office but get offended at the pastor if he's not closing at the stipulated time.

IN OTHER WORDS YOU WORSHIP YOUR PASTOR. IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE.
Re: 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church by Themandator: 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
HOW TO IDENTIFY PHARISEES IN YOUR CHURCH

1. They go to work early but come to church late.

2. They beg their boss when they err but threaten to leave church whenever there is a misunderstanding.

3. They work hard to be promoted at work but treat the work of God with levity.

4. They pay all their dues in the workplace but refuse to pay tithe in the church.

5. They buy costly things for their boss to get favour but can't even buy airtime for their pastor.

6. When they are not going to be in the office, they take permission ahead from their superior; but expect pastor and elders to pay them visits when they miss church without notice.

7. They fear and respect their boss than their pastor and even sometimes more than God.

8. When they are sick they manage to go to work but they cannot manage to come to the church.

9. They take official query serious but handle divine rebuke with disdain.

10. They tolerate their colleagues in the workplace but cannot tolerate the brethren.

11. They turn off their phones at workplace, but use calls to distract other worshippers in Church.

12. They can work overtime in the office but get offended at the pastor if he's not closing at the stipulated time.

https://www.naij.com/1110465-top-12-ways-identify-pharisees-church.html

Question:
Is there anyone in your church? .

Go back to the scripture and read the new testament to find out who qualifies as a Pharisee ..... But to help you , they actually are the opposite of everything you scribbled here ..The only point of departure is that they believe that salvation is by work whereas Christ and the apostle says salvation is by grace , faith on the finished work of Christ in the cross

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Miracle In The Bible Caught Your Attention? / Sexual Immorality____ Satan's Bait / Download Nigeria Gospel Praise And Worship Instrumental (by Naijachristians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.