Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,642 members, 7,955,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? (1721 Views)

... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / Transport Staff Ask Buhari To Probe Dangote, Say He Is Underpaying For Labour / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? by Amby: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2007
Hello Nairalanders!

I will quite appreciate your help and input in seeking a way to help my friend that is down now with frustration in the hands of Indian Firm Employer.

She got job with the Indian firm as a manager with 25 days leave entitlement ( this is contained in her employment letter). The company gives incentive to managers at the end of the month. After her first month of work, the incentive was paid.

The subsequent month she was told that her boss instructed that her name should be struck out from the managers list and was not paid the incentive. The same boss immediately passed instruction that her leave entitlement should be 21days instead of the 25days in the employment letter.She is still in probation. She is right now facing this humiliation and frustration.

Is there any angle of labour law in Nigeria that she can seek succour from?
Is there anything she can do?
Re: Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? by kdships(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2007
If this is really urgent as it looks, I'd advise that you seek for a legal advice elsewhere. You might not get a quick response here as it is.
Re: Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? by Rlst84sale(m): 1:24am On Apr 13, 2007
You need to post the name of the company here so that we can start sending them responses. That's not good treating the citizens of the country where you get your daily bread especially the ones that are helping you.
Re: Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? by MyPeace(f): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2007
Let her hold on first, since shes still on probationary period. Shes not yet a staff. Its after her confirmation she can now have FULL right to claim her entitlements.

I am sorry to say this, it could be that shes not living up to expectation, I mean performance wise, It could be that shes not good to be called a MANAGER.

Acting now, may cause her, her job. Let her keep quiet until she proves herself. The company has the FULL right to sack her if they are not comfortable with her performance during the probationary period.

If shes confirmed, she can fight her right through the Union, if the company is unionised anyway!
Re: Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? by Rlst84sale(m): 3:07am On Apr 14, 2007
@Mypeace

Are you a lawyer?, if yes what area do you specialize in?
Re: Is There Any Labour Law In Nigeria To Protect My Friend? by MyPeace(f): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2007
Rlst84sale:

@Mypeace

Are you a lawyer?, if yes what area do you specialize in?

I may be wrong. Why not say something.

(1) (Reply)

Cibn:is There Any Training Center In Ikorodu? / Dirt Cheap Way To Start Photography Business As Student / Access Bank Entry Level Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.