Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos (14423 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Spreads Towards The Airport (video) / Fire Outbreak At Ikwere Road Port Harcourt (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Ikotun Lagos And This Police Officer Was The Hero (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Philtrik(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
Goods worth millions of Naira were lost as fire razed shops and shades in Masaka market of Nasarawa State, few Kilometers from the country's capital.
The fire happened in the early hours of Sunday, at around 12am in the morning - 23/07/2017.
The inferno occurred at the heart of the Market, which is the most busiest part of the market.
Attempts by the Fire Service to quench the fire were futile as perpetrators damaged their pipes.
The market is the biggest market in Karu L.G.A of the state, bringing buyers and sellers from various part of the country.

Hoodlums used the opportunity to burgle unaffected shops and carter away with items such as bags of grains. The unlucky ones were caught by a team of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria.
According to reports, 2 people were feared dead.

"Father send your rain," a woman cried as the fire was still on in the early hours of Sunday.

“My brother's shop got burnt,” a Trader said.
"I was called around 12am that the Market is on fire, till now i am still shocked," a Woman said.
"Two people lost their lives in the fire. The place where we do keep our meats was burnt," a Meat seller said.

Others lamented their loss sorrowfully.

Presently the cause of the fire is uncertain as investigations are going on by security operatives.

-- Reporting from the Scene.
Photos below.

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Philtrik(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
Photo credits: M.E.O
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Luckylife(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
This is unfair what criminals that should consider the plight of affected traders , government should assist them .
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Philtrik(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Luckylife:
This is unfair what criminals that should consider the plight of affected traders , government should assist them .
This is so pathetic.
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Nutase: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sad day for them.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Philtrik(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
More photos.

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by NwaNimo1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
First the floods..... now the fire..... Nigeria donbecome like ''Sodom and Gomorrah',

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by VanBommel(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
Too bad.... Let them try to investigate the cause of the fire

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by HERSLEY(f): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
Awwwww M gutted
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by NairalandCS(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Chai. sad

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
oh
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by goingape1: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Philtrik:
Goods worth millions of Naira were lost as fire razed shops and shades in Masaka market of Nasarawa State, few Kilometers from the country's capital.
The fire happened in the early hours of Sunday, at around 12am in the morning - 23/07/2017.
The inferno occurred at the heart of the Market, which is the most busiest part of the market.
Attempts by the Fire Service to quench the fire were futile as perpetrators damaged their pipes.
The market is the biggest market in Karu L.G.A of the state, bringing buyers and sellers from various part of the country.

Hoodlums used the opportunity to burgle unaffected shops and carter away with items such as bags of grains. The unlucky ones were caught by a team of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria.

"Father send your rain," a woman cried as the fire was still on in the early hours of Sunday.

"I was called around 12am that the Market is on fire, till now i am still shocked," a Woman said.
"Two people lost their lives in the fire. The place where we do keep our meats was burnt," a Meat seller said.

Presently the cause of the fire is uncertain as investigations are going on by security operatives.

Photos below.
village people right now!

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Talk2Bella(f): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
cry all these people that loot during an incident or accident do they have conscience? my friend was involved in an accident recently people who came to rescue stole her phone and luggage, like seriously?

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Belugaice1: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fire men....this is so painful.... More especially for those who borrowed money to start up business their....

Help fall on them
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Pavore9: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sad.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by columbus007(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
I first saw dis on facebook tho,choi.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by maxiuc(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
My investment ooooo

Is this part of quick notice

Choi

So sad

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by tonio2wo: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
And father dint send d rain! lipsrsealed
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
This is a big loss to the traders, some people has lost their Fortune.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by maxiuc(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
goingape1:
village people right now!
village people to you must you blame us for everything

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by justino57(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Talk2Bella:
cry all these people that loot during an incident or accident do they have conscience? my friend was involved in an accident recently people who came to rescue stole her phone and luggage, like seriously?
u de ask us naw or watin
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Na this kinda pathetic post I come take make FP today kaii
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by auntysimbiat(f): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
SAD
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Bad news sells
...........CNN
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by MrIndespensable(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
So painfull,something should be done to assist the traders to keep them Afloat for their losses.....
Just a reminder 39 days to catch shekau,we are waiting and counting....

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by oshe11: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
whr is flood wen u nid it....smd
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Oh My Nasarawa. One of the Most Peaceful Northern states.

I really enjoyed doing business there because they are one of the most hospitable people on earth.

God replenish their losses. Amen.

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by e10nzy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sorry for their loss, and those that used it as opportunity to steal, may you choke on what you stole

Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by pedrilo: 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
Belugaice1:
Fire men....this is so painful.... More especially for those who borrowed money to start up business their....

Help fall on them
if they borrowed from LAPO then no cause for alarm because LAPO loans r insured against fire, death n permanent disability.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by hillaryfaith: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Philtrik:

Photos below.
This is planned attack by enemy of progress, it's a pity!! ! Let the Government of Nasarawa State assist them. It's unfortunate
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by chukwui(m): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
My Mama God protect u for me
Re: Fire Outbreak At Masaka Market In Nasarawa State - See Photos by piagetskinner(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
m

The Asokoro Rock Villa Abuja Now N42m! Call Us Now! / Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC / Swimming Pools. .start To Finish. ...