Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another (793 Views)

The Black Race Is A Disgrace And Curse To Humanity.. / Is Our Ethnic Diversity A Blessing Or A Curse? / Linguistic Diversity In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by vislabraye(m): 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2010
It amazes me how women could envy themselves over little things. If you are a pretty lady, you would understand what I'm talking about.

I witnessed a very recent occurence which got me thinking. I know a very beautiful lady, not only is she cute, she's also very intelligent and outgoing. She possesses very good interpersonal skillsl ( which many girls lack) and she had a lot of friends . Of recent she got married to a young successful and charismatic banker. He has risen very high within a short time in his career, even above people who began b4 him.

This pair were very good couples. Every where they went, people always paid them compliments; if they were at a party every one would want to be around them. You might think everything was going all well, right? wrong. People, especially ladies envied the wife. The least I expect was the wife to her husband's brother. She had gone all over town to tell those who cared to listen that the lady in question was a very manipulative wife; very rude , cocky and insultive; she had finished all her husband's money on jewelleries.

The news broke out when a family friend to her husband paid them a visit. After spending some time with them, chatting and having fun, she dropped the bombshell. She told this lady all what her inlaw had been saying about her. The family friend ( she ) concluded that the sister inlaw was just being envious of her. Afterall, she was by far prettier and more shapely than her inlaw. She had class and style which always overshadowed her inlaw whenever they went on outing. ( Infact she beats her in every department )

I begin to wonder, why is the rivalry between ladies so much? How many ladies can stand seeing another lady who is prettier and more intelligent themselves ?
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2010
I know a very beautiful lady, not only is she cute, she's also very intelligent and outgoing. She possesses very good interpersonal skillsl ( which many girls lack) and she had a lot of friends . Of recent she got married to a young successful and charismatic banker. He has risen very high within a short time in his career, even above people who began b4 him.

she should watch out.

the higher you go the more bad belle multiplies.
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by sweetpie23: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2010
we have less time on our hands grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
Ecclesiastes 4:4:

"And I saw that all labor and all achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbor. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by vislabraye(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
Well, I'm begnning to think its a lady's thing, , well may be not all but about 70 percent of ladies would envy another another
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by Jenna1(f): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
It is a curse, indeed. To want what someone else has is in fact a denial of all that God has given you personally. I don't have the typical life of women. I am unmarried, two kids and work at what I love to get up and live. I am poor but want no riches. It seems funny to me that it is the "happy", "with lives" women who go after me. Jealousy is not a blessing, if it isn't yours, it isn't yours!! I would rather be aware and thankful of what I have than angry about what I don't!! I don't see jealous people as anything other than unhappy, not that they would admit it!!
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by Cyberfreak(f): 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
Is it a curse for men to constantly think about intimacy se.x?
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by vislabraye(m): 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
Ladies will never cease to amaze me. Even Sigmund Freud, the greatest psychologist cannot explain what women really want.

The aspect of their envy is what really amazes me. I see the way average looking women eye very beautiful ones, its not as if they are sharing the same bf or looking for the same man. It looks as if its their way of life.
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by Cyberfreak(f): 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2010
Sigmund Freud? Greatest psychologist? Is it the same guy that came up with oral stage, anal stage, phallic stage etc?
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by Jenna1(f): 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hurt people hurt people!! If a woman is hurting or rejected, she worries that a happy successful woman will take her place or role. When I see a hateful woman, I wonder what she went through or is going through to make her act this way. It makes it less personal for me, then I don't get angry. Rather I feel empathy and realize the target isn't me but rather what they think of themself.
Re: Is It A Curse For Ladies To Envy One Another by vislabraye(m): 12:28am On Feb 15, 2010
Cyberfreak:

Sigmund Freud? Greatest psychologist? Is it the same guy that came up with oral stage, anal stage, phallic stage etc?

smiley . You've been reading your text books.

Jennasmiley:

Hurt people hurt people!! If a woman is hurting or rejected, she worries that a happy successful woman will take her place or role. When I see a hateful woman, I wonder what she went through or is going through to make her act this way. It makes it less personal for me, then I don't get angry. Rather I feel empathy and realize the target isn't me but rather what they think of themself.

That should be the idea girl

(1) (Reply)

Why People Kill A Lamb/Goat To Welcome A Son Back Home? / An Imo I Wanna See By Fado Flo! / Pls Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.