Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Muslims Going To NYSC CAMP, You Need To Read This - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslims Going To NYSC CAMP, You Need To Read This (1031 Views)

The Letter A Herbalist Wrote To NYSC To Redeploy A Corper In Camp (Photo) / 9 Lessons No One Taught Me Before Going To NYSC Camp / NYSC: Things You Must Take Along To NYSC Camp To Avoid Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Going To NYSC CAMP, You Need To Read This by Lukgaf(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2017
My Brethren going to NYSC Orientation Camp

_What are your preparations for a gathering not guided by Shari’ah?_

National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camps in Nigeria are not the same, thus activities on each camp may be different. For example: what is allowed in Benue may not be allowed in Kano and vice versa. Prepare what to eat, though there is provision for food but it may not be enough or be your choice. Prepare what to wear; short and tight dresses are not our dress especially for the female. Get dresses of that color (especially white) and use it diplomatically. Remember, the best provision for the journey: (taqwa) (http://www.nmnonline.net/articles/taqwa.htm) and strengthen your Iman every moment (http://productivemuslim.com/recharge-your-iman/).

Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN) is on camp to guide you, register with them as soon as you enter. Stay in the mosque arena if it is allowed, for protection of your religion and attend their activities. And MCAN key members should follow protocol also for organizing activities.

On camp you’re living like a traveler; still don’t know your destination, Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). Jurists differed on the ruling but the most evidenced is to do Qasr till you reach your PPA. Please read about Salat Qasr.

It is haram to mix with opposite sex in the mosque which is the purest place on the face of the earth – then how about orientation camp that is not guided by shari’ah? Allah says: _“those who do not bear witness to falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity”_ (Q 25:72). My brethren, it is not a must to attend promiscuous and immoral gatherings on camp, don’t be fooled.

Islam strives to protect woman and guard them against the causes of temptation and deviation, it is not permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram. Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: _“No woman should travel except with a mahram, and no man should enter upon her unless there is a mahram with her.”_ A man said: “O Messenger of Allah, I want to go out with such and such an army and my wife wants to go for Hajj.” He said: _“Go out with her."_ al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391), Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (12/178). So, what is your preparation for this?

Attacks on Muslim sister are frequent on camp. Listen brothers! Allah says: _"The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Those - Allah will have mercy upon them. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise."_ (Q9:71). Protect your sister diplomatically, who will protect her if not you.

Posting to a Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) is a lesson for all; it looks like the Day of Judgment. From different institutions, meet and become friends. Within that short time you will not like to leave your friend but the camping is over you need to go.

Collection of letter to PPA is touching; coper will line up in the same uniform. After collection of letter of PPA some will be happy and some will not be happy. You will see graduate crying! Why? He/she was posted to village while his/her friend was posted to town, thus feel frustrated. My brethren, don’t cry, ask Allah to give you the best, He knows you don’t know. Allah says: _“perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.”_ (Q2:216). Any place you’re posted to, your religion is the priority, if you’re still a believer, what makes you happy than that?!

May Allah make piety part of your journey, forgive your sins and fulfil the purpose of the journey. I make Allah responsible for your deen, your trustworthiness and for the results of your actions.

FIQH CLASS

4 Likes

Re: Muslims Going To NYSC CAMP, You Need To Read This by naijacentric(m): 3:31am On Jul 25, 2017
Religious bastard may God help ur soul

(1) (Reply)

Up Coming Hse Training / How To Officially Apply For Nysc Redeployment And Relocation / Tips And The Amount To Be Paid For NYSC Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.