Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Why Can't The Theists Understand? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't The Theists Understand? (1490 Views)

A Question For The Theists / The Theists Wheel Of Excuses / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
The fact that atheists disagree and can disprove religious gods doesn't mean that we rule out the possibility of a God. All we are saying is that religion is not the answer and truth.

How does not believing in lies and deception translate to a mental illness or disease?

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
This I think isn't all theists. My closest friends are theists and know I am atheist and they respect my point(s) of view. I do know not all theists are this open minded though.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
Unless you want to say you are an agnostic

Otherwise,
An atheist says there is no God, categorically

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Otherwise,
Read all the definitions, you are an atheist with respect to the God you don't believe in, MONEYJOEE dealt with this misconception.

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Deicide: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Otherwise,
Most of us are agnostic na that doesn't mean Yahweh exist

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
Make i register my presence

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 2:53am On Jul 25, 2017
Deicide:

Most of us are agnostic na that doesn't mean Yahweh exist

Someone is renouncing
Hehehehe grin

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 3:14am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:
Read all the definitions, you are an atheist with respect to the God you don't believe in, MONEYJOEE dealt with this misconception.

The word "Loosely" and "broadly" which you clearly Ignored for your self purpose besides the meanings gives you out.

Besides, here is the Oxford meaning.
Below

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
noun: atheism
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

It comes from root greek word "a-theos" meaning
(No God)
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 5:19am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

The word "Loosely" and "broadly" which you clearly Ignored for your self purpose besides the meanings gives you out.

Below

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun

It comes from root greek word "a-theos" meaning
(No God)

The Oxford advanced learner's dictionary is no match for the dictionary app. Check the meaning of the word psychopath in each of them and then tell which one has depth. Even Richard Dawkins dealt with this atheist misconception.

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 5:21am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:
The Oxford advanced learner's dictionary is no match for the dictionary app. Check the meaning of the word psychopath in each of them and then tell which one has depth. Even Richard Dawkins dealt with this atheist misconception.

Even google references Oxford.
End of discussion.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 5:25am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Even google references Oxford.
End of discussion.
Google references oxford, no problem. It doesn't change the fact that the dictionary app is greater in terms of depth. Do your own search before commenting.

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 5:26am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:
Google references oxford, no problem. It doesn't change the fact that the dictionary app is greater in terms of depth. Do your own search before commenting.

Nobody knows your app, my brother.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 5:32am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Nobody knows your app, my brother.
Research before you comment. The app is a very popular app what are you saying? undecided Even if Google references it, it doesn't change the fact that oxford advanced learner's dictionary is no match for the app in terms of depth. If you have used both, you will prefer the app.

I see you shaking and running grin grin grin grin cheesy

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:
Research before you comment. The app is a very popular app what are you saying? undecided Even if Google references it, it doesn't change the fact that oxford advanced learner's dictionary is no match for the app in terms of depth. If you have used both, you will prefer the app.

I see you shaking and running grin grin grin grin cheesy

"App" vs "Oxford"
Hehehehe grin

My brother no need for this your kindergarten argument.

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 6:08am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

"App" vs "Oxford"
Hehehehe grin

My brother no need for this your kindergarten argument.
you're trying to downplay the app. It's like telling me iPhone is better than infinix because iPhone is more expensive and popular. It's an app does not mean it's stands no chance of being great. Being an app na bad thing? Abi oxford dictionary no get app? undecided the app is better than oxford, if Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Google and Wole Soyinka like let them reference oxford, it still doesn't change the fact that the app has greater depth than oxford.

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 6:12am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:
you're trying to downplay the app. It's like telling me iPhone is better than infinix because iPhone is more expensive and popular. It's an app does not mean it's stands no chance of being great. Being an app na bad thing? Abi oxford dictionary no get app? undecided the app is better than oxford, if Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Google and Wole Soyinka like let them reference oxford, it still doesn't change the fact that the app has greater depth than oxford.
before nko
Oh so Infinix is better than iPhone?
I now see what you are on.....

Please when you are doing your project work in the university, go and reference "your app" at the end of the project and see how you will fail woefully.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by GodsMopol: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2017
We keep seeing different definition for atheism on a daily basis

By the way, religion was invented by man. But you would be making a big mistake when you pour all religious hatred on God.

If you ask me which of the God. I would say God whom I serve and whose I am.

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Richirich713: 6:21am On Jul 25, 2017
Atheism is the belief that no God exists, that there is no God, not the belief that "religion is not the answer and truth", hell even atheists can be religious.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by GodsMopol: 6:23am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Below

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun

It comes from root greek word "a-theo" meaning
(No God)

An illusion all the way

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

before nko

Please when you are doing your project work in the university, go and reference "your app" at the end of the project and see how you will fail woefully.
Infinix is better than iPhone. IPhone is over hyped and expensive. That app is popular among many students and learned people. You can find it on Google play store. Good bye and don't quote me again.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

before nko

Infinix is better than iPhone. IPhone is over hyped and expensive. That app is popular among many students and learned people. You can't fail, never, if you use the dictionary app. You can find it on Google play store. Good bye and don't quote me again.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by GodsMopol: 6:45am On Jul 25, 2017
[s]grin grin
Martinez19:
The fact that atheists disagree and can disprove religious gods doesn't mean that we rule out the possibility of a God. All we are saying is that religion is not the answer and truth.

How does not believing in lies and deception translate to a mental illness or disease?

I notice the following to be lies and deceptive

A word for you all. Flee from the wrath to come. Like adepeter26 grandpa love saying "abo oro ni an so fun omoluabi . . ." help obinna58 out. Toothless nigga needs an interpreter.

chaiiiii, I don go fine trouble, early momo

quote me if you need deliverance
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by felixomor: 6:46am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:
Infinix is better than iPhone. IPhone is over hyped and expensive. That app is popular among many students and learned people. You can't fail, never, if you use the dictionary app. You can find it on Google play store. Good bye and don't quote me again.

Its obvious you have never been in a proper academic setting.
That is why you can vomit an argument such as this.
I am not surprised.
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by obinna58(m): 6:52am On Jul 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

I notice the following to be lies and deceptive

A word for you all. Flee from the wrath to come. Like adepeter26 grandpa love saying "abo oro ni an so fun omoluabi . . ." help obinna58 out. Toothless nigga needs an interpreter.

chaiiiii, I don go fine trouble, early momo

quote me if you need deliverance
Dude what's ur problem undecided
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by obinna58(m): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2017
Martinez19:

I'm 100% sure about the unexistence of religious God wink

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by GodsMopol: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2017
obinna58:

Dude what's ur problem undecided

*Sipping my heavenly weed*

Come again or check back later

We are closed for today

*continue sipping*

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by obinna58(m): 7:09am On Jul 25, 2017
That atheists av disbelief in the existence of deities doesn't mean they can't accept the existence of deities when proven

I mean tangible evidence cool

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by obinna58(m): 7:14am On Jul 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

We are closed for today

*continue sipping*

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by obinna58(m): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

We are closed for today

*continue sipping*

U take me for a fool huh

Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by orisa37: 7:16am On Jul 25, 2017
How does not believing in others' way of life constitute authority to talk gibberish to you?
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life! Why do you querrel with this simple Truth that others hold so dearly?
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by GodsMopol: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2017
obinna58:
U take me for a fool huh
Missed your tooth bro. No homo
Re: Why Can't The Theists Understand? by Martinez19(m): 7:31am On Jul 25, 2017
obinna58:

I'm 100% sure about the unexistence of religious God wink
grin grin grin grin me too. People can't see that religious gods are great fabrications of dubious minds.

Is Luck And Destiny Real? / The Man Who Filmed An 'Angel' At T.B. Joshua's Church Explains How It Happened! / Marine World...

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53