Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected (550 Views)

Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer / The Prayer That Repairs Your Body - Joseph Prince / Prayer That Bring Divine revelation, my Father, Show Me Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected by victor44843(m): 5:59am On Jul 25, 2017
Many Christians today mistook prayer for another thing entirely, you may be asking yourself why your prayers isn't answering but the truth is, God hears your prayers but you didn't pray in the right way.

There is this scripture I loved so much that says "ye ask and receive not, because yesterday ask amiss, that ye my consume it upon your lusts (James 4:3).

Many churches today are facing this problem, forgetting that prayer is not just asking for things, although it is good to ask but the worst misconception about prayer is "PRAYING for your enemies to die", hope you noticed that I wrote the word "praying" in block letters. Of course! that is how many pastors call it, in fact i've been to a church where we were asked to pray for our enemies to die. But this was not what Jesus meant when he said "love and pray for your enemies" in fact I wouldn't call that a prayer, it's nothing less than a curse, even if your enemies die, there is 90% probability that new set will arise.

Since almost every sane human on this planet have at least an enemy or more, the truth is, we are not supposed to wish them death instead you should "move closer to God" and try to "strengthen your Spirit". These two options are the surest way of overcoming enemies and the evil ones, when your personal relationship with God is so strong and your Spiritual man is alive and active, enemies will flee from you, even if anyone try to cast a spell on you or harm you, God will surely reverse all their evil plans against you and no demon can ever come near you since you are already a VIP.

What is the real meaning of prayer?

Prayer is a solemn request for help or expression of thanks address to God. That's not where the definition of prayer ends, there is still more to that. Prayer is also a wagon talking to God, getting close to your creator, being with him, it's taking your time to say "Lord, tell me what I need to hear and what I need to understand. Prayer is partnering with God.
This above definition is the real meaning of prayer, so whenever you pray and it involves harming another person then that one is no longer called a prayer. Don't be deceived by anybody, this is the absolute truth about prayer.

read more via : http://www.gospeltoday.ga/2017/07/the-most-common-misconception-about.html
Re: The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected by icyblaze16: 6:00am On Jul 25, 2017
Good post!
Re: The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected by IamGeorgie(m): 6:23am On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks OP,I observed long ago that it is faithless Christians and those that lack the understanding of who they are that engage mostly in praying their enemy down.They are simply ignorant of the power Of Christ In Them. Analytically,you'll only pray for the death of the stronger opposition, because if you don't kill them,they will kill you.Will APC pray for the death of KOWA, knowing fully well that the party cannot defeat them? It's a simple lack of understanding that causes such prayerS. I have this Aunty that that's the only thing That Constitute Her Prayers, I don't know how to Convince her that God is not interested in the death of the wicked and that He can have his way whether your enemies live or die,whether the devil is personally your personal enemy or not.The wicked can not overpower you, unless you do not know.Aside the fact that God wants them saved, your prayers shows how you don't trust the supremacy of God and in such cases, He may not show up. God Bless Ya.
Re: The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected by victor44843(m): 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks, you can visit my new blog http://www.gospeltoday.ga for other great posts.
Re: The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected by victor44843(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
Have you seen this e-book? A true life story of Mrs. Regina Clarinda who had a face2face encounter with God and she also warns people that the end time is near!
Click the link below to read more and download!
http://www.gospeltoday.ga/2017/08/free-e-book-encounter-with-jesus-christ.html

(1) (Reply)

New And Favourite Gospel Songs / My Observations In The North For The First Time. / The Similes Of Good And Bad People In Ebira Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.