Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away (4243 Views)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) / Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2017
My dear nairalander why do you think this building didn't collapsed since the soil has been washed away?

This is an eye opener.

Let me share a little story
In the world of infrastructure (buildings, roads, bridges, etc) there is something called Geotechnincal investigation (Soil test), this soil test has a son called Pile foundation born in an unstable soil. Funny enough this soil test is the cheapest when it comes to constructions of buildings, roads, bridges etc but yet the most ignore.(which is bad, and it is the no.1 failure of your structure).
Before any structure is been lied on the surface of the earth this test needs to be done because it give birth to any information that needs to be known about the soil of your site and these help in make proper plan or decision on what to do in order to avoid future failure of the project due to the soil materials.

Kindly indicate your interest and I will continue, I still have a lot to discuss here, feel free to ask me questions, I will be uploading lots of pictures too so you can understand better.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by Hawx(m): 8:45am On Jul 25, 2017
Interested! Ride on!
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
My dear nairalander why do you think this building didn't collapsed since the soil has been washed away?

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Step by step instructions for a successful soil investigation

1) Site reconnaissance

It means the inspection of the site and study of topography to get a proper information about the soil and ground water condition.

2)

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
toxxnoni:

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2017
Planning of soil exploration

It depends upon

i. Nature of sub-soil

ii. Type of structure

iii. Importance of structure

METHODS OF SOIL EXPLORATION

1. Open excavation

2. Borings

3. Sub surface soundings

4. Geographical methods
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2017
Back to our question
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2017
toxxnoni:

This is an eye opener.

In the world of infrastructure (buildings, roads, bridges, etc) there is something called Geotechnincal investigation (Soil test), this soil test has a son called Pile foundation born in an unstable soil. Funny enough this soil test is the cheapest when it comes to constructions of buildings, roads, bridges etc but yet the most ignore.(which is bad, and it is the no.1 failure of your structure).
Before any structure is been lied on the surface of the earth this test needs to be done because it give birth to any information that needs to be known about the soil of your site and these help in make proper plan or decision on what to do in order to avoid future failure of the project due to the soil materials.

Kindly indicate your interest and I will continue, I still have a lot to discuss here, feel free to ask me questions, I will be uploading lots of pictures too so you can understand better.
Thanks
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
1. OPEN EXCAVATION

A pit, eventually, can be excavated for exploring shallower depths, say of the order of 2 to 5 m, or so. Such a pit can be easily excavated at the proposed construction site, if the soil has a bit of cohesion, and the soil samples can be lifted from such different depths, besides making the easy visualization and examination of the different strata. Even undisturbed soil samples can be lifted from such a pit by a process called chunk sampling.
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Let me advertise my job

Astro Geotech Nigeria Limited
We are based in lagos, Nigeria and we provide inter-state services, Our services are
1) Water borehole drilling
2) Water treatment
3) Geo-physical investigation /survey
4) Geo-technical investigation (Soil test / core drilling)
5) Pile foundation, pile load test, pile integrity test
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
8. ) Construction and Installation of over-head tanks
9) Project management/­Supervision and General construction.
WE RENDER OUR SERVICES ANYWHERE WITHIN NIGERIA
Call or whatsapp +2348136569906
Email astrogeotech@yahoo.c­om
facebook.com/­astrogeotech/
Tweet @astrogeotech1
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by aham2: 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
The tech is bad ass
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2017
2. BORING:

Soil samples can be lifted from deeper depths by drilling bore holes by using mechanical devices called samplers.

The process consists of

i. Drilling a hole and visually examining the cuttings coming out from different depths

ii. Lifting the soil samples from different depths by using mechanical devices called samplers.

Methods of boring

i. Auger boring: This is simplest method of boring a whole by hand drilling. These can be used for shallower depths generally confined to depths of about 5 m or so. In cohesive and other soft soils above water table, augers may be used.

ii. Auger and Shell boring: Augers are suitable for soft or stiff clays and very stiff and hard clays and sand pumps for sandy soils. Cylindrical augers and shells are used for making deep boring. Hand operated, mechanized ring are used for depths 25m, 50m respectively.

iii. Wash boring: this is a simple and fastest method, used for making holes in all types of soils except boulders and rocks.

iv. Percussion boring: This method is used to make hole in all types of soils including boulders and rocks.

v. Rotary boring (Mud rotary drilling): This method is used to advance hole in rocks and soils. Rotating core barrels which are provided with commercial diamond bits or a steel bit with slots are used for rotary drilling. This method is used to obtain the rock cores, so this method is called as core boring or core drilling.

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
aham2:
The tech is bad ass

How
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Soil samples and sampling

i. Disturbed sample: in disturbed sampling, the natural structures of soils gets partly or fully modified or destroyed, although with suitable precaution the natural water content may be preserved. Disturbed sample can be obtained by direct excavations by auger and thick wall samplers.

ii. Undisturbed sample: in undisturbed sample, the natural structure and properties remain preserved. These samples are used to tests for shear, consolidation and permeability.

iii. Non-representative sample: it consists of a mixture of soil from different soil strata. Size of the soil grains as well as the mineral constituents, might thus, have changed in such samples. Soil samples obtained from auger cuttings and settlings in sum well of wash borings, can be classified in this category. Such samples may help in determining the depths at which major changes may be occurring in sub surface soil strata.
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Let me advertise what I am into
We are based in lagos, Nigeria and we provide inter-state services, Our services are
2) Water treatment
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
Tweet @astrogeotech1
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by CaptainFM1: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
I don't think individuals should be doing soil test. Since it doesn't change much plots by plots. Government should do a geographical soil sampling...,which I think they do. All they need to do is to make the data and info available to every developers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
CaptainFM1:
I don't think individuals should be doing soil test. Since it doesn't change much plots by plots. Government should do a geographical soil sampling...,which I think they do. All they need to do is to make the data and info available to every developers.

Assuming government takes care of the soil test, I am sure the high level of collapsing here nd dere will be minimal
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2017
We are based in lagos, Nigeria and we provide inter-state services,
Our services are
2) Water treatment
3) Geo-physical survey
4) Soil test / Geo-technical investigation
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
cool Construction and Installation of over-head tanks
9) Project management/Supervision and General construction.
Email astrogeotech@yahoo.com
https://m.facebook.com/astrogeotech/?ref=bookmarks
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Let me advertise what I am into
2) Water treatment
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
Tweet @astrogeotech1
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 4:29am On Aug 10, 2017
Have been busy

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Soil sample ogun state

Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:12am On Aug 14, 2017
toxxnoni:

This is an eye opener.

Thanks
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2017
Lovely Monday
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
toxxnoni:

This is an eye opener.

Thanks
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 6:14am On Sep 01, 2017
May this new month bring many opportunities your way, To explore every joy of life & turning all your dreams into reality & all your efforts into great achievements.
Happy new month to you
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
We are here to serve you better
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hello
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2017
Blissful Monday
Re: Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away by toxxnoni(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2018
Thanks for contacting us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Houses For Sale Inside Fara Park Estate Lekki, The Estate With 24hrs Eletricity. / BUY 1PLOT AND GET 1,500 blocks ,Its buy and build no story, {video) / Furnished 3 Bedroom Bungalow 4 Sale In Abuja;Price Crashed to N33M SOLD!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.