Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? (688 Views)

I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
Everytime I open the family section, its always mother in law this, sister in law that? Hmmm, whats happening with my sisters? Its as if we already have a pre concieved notion that mother in laws are to be hated. Truth is this woman gave you a man, she raised the man u hold dear and cherish, she deserves all the love, sucking up and erespect, thats all they ask for. Dont even begin to think you can compete for attention, you guys have different roles in your mans life. Believe me, if you find favor in the eyes of your mother in law, you re gonna enjoy your marriage because no one knows her son better than his mother, she will tell you all the tricks and teach you how to handle him. Even when you do wrong your mother in law will defend you. As for sister in laws, treat them like your sisters, older or younger depending. Dont turn them into slaves, its your home, do the damn house work yourself, dont bother what your sister in law does or does not do.
I will not say this if i have not done it and am not enjoying the friuts of a great relationship with the in laws.
Re: Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? by Sissy3(f): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
no matter how nice and loving you try to paint and coat MILs, (sure many of them are very loving and very understandable) you cant deny the known fact that many MILs are living devils. who desire and deserve no peace or respect.

these so called MILs forget the fact and ignore the truth that their DILs are also some other womans daughter who also deserve the respect, peace and love they, the MILs also desire.

because they cared for their son etc doesnt give them to right to maltreat their DILs or dictate their sons life. respect is EARNED NOT DEMANDED. and no woman or man, MIL, AIL UIL etc will ever demand it from me,the same goes to them when it comes to me. i earn her respect not demand it.
Re: Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? by DeepSoul(f): 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
I have four (4) phobias:

1) Snakes
2) Plane crashes
3) Guns/Bullets
4) Sisters-In-Law

I'm not even married yet and you should see the pepper that these women have already shown me . . .It's not about having a pre-conceived notion, it's just about reality hitting you in the face!

Luckily, their mum is much nicer (thank goodness!). But then, every experience is a blessing. . .@least I'm learning how not to give my brothers' future wives hell . . .
Re: Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? by Outstrip(f): 1:15am On Feb 08, 2010
Deep Soul I really hope you are joking about giving your brother's wives hell. Why don't you stand up to your own sister in laws and then help your future sister in laws enjoy your brother. You will rather do eye service and empty your bitterness on your brothers future wives? Not cool o.
Re: Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 08, 2010
Look, my sister in law is not someone peeps will consider nice, but i studied her and i know how to get to her, so now she is probably like my best friend and my stylist, see the benefits that come from humility
Re: Whats With All The Inlaw Bashing Threads? by otilowaju(f): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
Deep Soul:

I have four (4) phobias:

1) Snakes
2) Plane crashes
3) Guns/Bullets
4) Sisters-In-Law

I'm not even married yet and you should see the pepper that these women have already shown me . . .It's not about having a pre-conceived notion, it's just about reality hitting you in the face!

Luckily, their mum is much nicer (thank goodness!). But then, every experience is a blessing. . .@least I'm learning how not to give my brothers' future wives hell . . .

@Deepsoul, pls read Outstrip's post again, I think she's rather saying ", NOT TO GIVE her brothers' future wives hell, "

(1) (Reply)

Lat Just Say / Why Should Younger One Target The Elders In The Family For Death! / Brazilian Men Swapped At Birth Work, Live Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.