Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,968 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

‘I Am Far From Elite Level’ – Lukaku - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Am Far From Elite Level’ – Lukaku (396 Views)

Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener / Lukaku Scores Again As United Downs City In ICC Derby / The Elite List Of Nigerian Players Who Have Won The English Premier League. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘I Am Far From Elite Level’ – Lukaku by samsonsax: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
New Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku has admitted that he is “far from” being an elite-level player at the moment.

Lukaku joined United from Everton earlier this summer for what could rise to a world-record fee of £90m having scored 71 goals in 133 appearances during a three-year stay at Goodison Park.

His goalscoring record at the age of 24 is comparable to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, but Lukaku believes that he still has work to do if he is to be considered amongst the very best strikers in world football.

“Yeah, of course (I want to reach that level) but winning trophies at the end of the day (is key). At the end of the day you want to win trophies. I’m a goalscorer, I’ve always scored goals throughout my career. Also in Europe, when I played in the Europa League, my record is really good,” he told reporters.

“Now I think the Champions League is the next stage where I have to prove myself and the club wants to do well in it as well. No, no, no [I’m not at elite level yet] – I’m far from that level. But it’s the level I want to aim for. But it’s all about the team. I want the team to win trophies and I’ll do everything that I can in my powers to make sure the team wins.

“Keep improving – there is always room for improvement. I just want to become the best player that I can be. I will never say it’s good enough. I will always say that I can improve. I’m 24 years of age. I can’t say I’m the complete package. I can’t say I’m in my prime. There is a lot of work to be done and I’m delighted that there is still work to be done. That means I can become even better than I am now.”

Lukaku has already scored twice for his new club during their pre-season tour of the United States.
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

(1) (Reply)

2/8/17 Betting Tips Of The Day / BREAKING: Fastest Man Ends Career / Everton Signs Sigurdsson For £45m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.