Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,325 members, 7,850,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? (1171 Views)

I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? / I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: / I Wanna Open A Design Studio: Any Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by kenyguy(m): 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
hello
i am a young guy at about 29 and i want to venture into land transportation business within the city i am residing. i want to buy a bus and give it to a driver who will be giving me returns daily, so i will like to get advice from any one that has experience in this line of biz
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by otitokoro1: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2010
There is money in Transport Business. However, it is risk is equaly high. I will suggest you start it without employing any driver at first. This will help you to understand the terrain of the business and when you are growing you still act as your own fleet manager.

Getting a trust worthy driver, especially when you have no knowledge is difficult.
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by henry247(m): 2:26am On Feb 13, 2010
Pls dnt venture.u will regret it except u are the one to drive it.The drivers will only make returns for one week and dat will be all.the following weeks will be stories upon stories.
Lastly most drivers do charmsĀ  against the owners of vehicles,so beĀ  sternly warned,else u burn ur fingers. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by israelbiz(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hello friend, my advise for you,

if u want to go into commuter transportation I advice u drive it by urself, but if it is logistics/haulage if u can't drive u

have 2 options

1. Place ur vehicle under a tranporter who will manage it for you

2. Join tranporters association and place ur vehicle there all the transactions will be reported to you.

Attached to these options is that a certain percentage will be deducted from your total earnings as managres fund. Good luck
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by israelbiz(m): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
we are into all kind of aluminium and aluminium Accessories

our prices are at affordable rate

our shop and office address;

No. 31, Elfsiba Plaza,

Off aluminium Village

Along Dumez Junction,

Kaduna-Express Road,

Suleja.
Telephone: 07059203927, 08036056555
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by asscend: 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
He is asking for Transport advice, ur posting aluminum advert here.
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by asscend: 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
The best thing for you wil be to Lease your bus or truck to a transport company.

They will maintain and run your vechile and will give you an agreed return weekly or monthly.

This way you will have peace of mind and can venture into other things.

if you want to go it alone, its up to you but be ready for everything possible, from driver issues to union issues e.t.c.

You're providing a service to the people so its good but please make sure your bus or truck is road worthy. The days of those useless DAMfO busses are coming to an end.

All the best!
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by hackney(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
Do not start off your transport business by giving your bus to a driver.
For your business to flourish, you would have to drive the first bus yourself.
(Trust me on this one)

That way you learn all the intricacies of the biz first hand while the risk\investment is low.
By the time you add a bus or 2, you would have learned the route and all the 'tricks' back to front.
By then a driver will not tell you any stories about police or mechanic.

Before you know it(in a couple of years) you have 4\5 buses and then graduate to 1414.
If you are not wasteful ,after 15 yrs you have a handful of 1414 plying PH to Lag.
When dem now call you 'chief' for your village you go answer.
grin grin grin cool cool
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by spotball(m): 11:19am On Feb 18, 2010
does anyone know what it will cost to get a toyota Haice bus cos i got to know that is is the best for transport biz.
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by jossy26: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
does any1 knows a transport company dt manages bus for individual for dose of us interestd in d biz?
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by festop: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
toyota hiace =n=1.2m - 1.3m (second hand) =n=3m - 4m (new one).
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by spotball(m): 12:53am On Feb 28, 2010
what model of bus are you talking abt that is 1.2m - 1.3m for used ones.
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by shotman1: 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2010
My brother No need, just forget about transport bussiness, i am into transport bussiness too, but i regret it all because nigeria dont have good roads, no insurnace,Bank dont give loans/fund to transport owensr and lots of dis honest drivers, workers and lots more, better venture into other biz and forget about transport for now.
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by jaaadddeee: 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2010
hello if u r still interested i can help u out.evry biz has its flaws but it takes the bold with much intellect.its lucrative but it takes more than jst sit back and delivery pattern of most people.i am an entreprenuer also.different buses wth option.contact 70731065678
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by kenyguy(m): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
@jaaadddeee
how can i get help from you?
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by jaaadddeee: 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2010
what are do you need my help.if personal mail me jaido86@yahoo.com.
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by jaaadddeee: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2010
what area do you need my help,i mean
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by jikings(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2010
Hello Fellow NL's . Does anyone have any experience of dealing with the Niaja Transport companies in terms of patnering with them? I have been informed that you could buy a hiace bus and add to one of these companies fleet and get a monthly payment of about N350K with a three year contract. The bus has to be new or almost new for you to be acceptted? Please I would like to get more imformation about this cus I'm at a cross-roads if I to invest or not? Your kind advise is much appreciated!
Re: Any Advice On Transportantion Biz? by paulo1234: 10:08am On Feb 16, 2011
If you still wish to forge a head, here is my personal model. A taxi will be okay for intra city business while a Good bus for Intercity. My tokunbo taxi should be run for 8- 12 months on daily delivery and sold on easy term to the driver on hire purchase afterward. Else prepare for a lot of headaches. Transport works when you too have a plan. There are a lot of reasonable unreasonable, drivers that do not make the biz to work.

(1) (Reply)

GEORGE SOROS PREDICTS GLOBAL ECONOMY DOOM-economists in the house, interpret / How To Withdraw Your Money On Your Liberty Reserve Account Via Atm / Port Harcourt Nairalanders, Lets Meet And Exchange Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.