Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Health Benefit Of Locust Beans - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefit Of Locust Beans (3650 Views)

Why Beans And Ripe Plantain Combination Is Called 'Delicious Poison' / Benefit Of Goron Tula / 5 Health Benefit Of Palmwine You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by baby8ace(m): 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
Locust bean is a soup condiment popularly known for its horrible smell and delicious taste. It is commonly referred to as ‘Iru’ by the Yorubas and ‘ogiri’ by Igbos. The botanical name for Locust bean is Parkia biglobosa.
Locust bean is the single most significant ingredient guaranteed to take soups, stews or mixed vegetables from being okay to the next level.
It can be found in a wide range of environments in Africa and is primarily grown for its pods that contain both a sweet pulp and valuable seeds. The most valuable parts of the locust bean are high in lipid (29%), protein (35%), carbohydrate (16%).
7 health benefit of locus beans
1. The fermented locust bean seed is used in controlling diabetes and cholesterol level.
2. It helps to promote good sight and aids digestion.
3. It is used for treating stroke and hypertension.
4. The water and alcoholic extracts of fermented locust bean is used to reduce blood sugar.
5. It is used in the management of bacterial infections.
6. The locust bean contains tannins, which is often recommended for the treatment of diarrhoea.
7. It is a potential benefit for enhancing weight loss.
The crushed bark of the locust bean tree has also been revealed to help in wound healing and serves as one of the ingredients used in treating leprosy. The decoction of the bark is also used as bath for fever and as a hot mouth wash to steam and relieve toothache in Cote d’Ivoire.
This locus beans have been prepare to meet different health purpose listed above and no horrible smell due to good preparation, you can contact to order for it anywhere in Nigeria. And it is of different packages
The packages are:
1. Locus beans for Bp patients: this is used for Bp treatment
2. Normal Locus beans: this is use as general cooking season which we use in our homes
3. Dry locus bean: it is well dry
4. Powder locus bean.: it can be used in place of maggi. All is at affordable price

Re: Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
I can eat a plate full of it... I love it.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by baby8ace(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
sexybbstar:
I can eat a plate full of it... I love it.
really? Is good for health,we have in bulk for sales,if you need it we can supply you anywhere.
Re: Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by internationalman(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
I won't b surprised if poo has benefits...
Re: Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by OlaRolls(m): 6:14am On Jul 26, 2017
Massive Global Food Network is zealously promoting the mechanism of making life better for everyone.
One time payment of #5600 makes you a beneficiary of weekly food stuffs, and incentives like cash bonus deep freezer, motorcycle, executive car, etc.
Chat me up= Olarolls 080372 72006

See you at the top.
Re: Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by baby8ace(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
You can contact us through calls or whatsapp on 08030643812 ,08136496049 for your locust beans or by mail- henry4luve9@gmail.com
Re: Health Benefit Of Locust Beans by Jennefy: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2020
Is it good to eat the boiled locust bean iru woro , without putting it in soup or using it to cook ,cos at times I eat it iru woro ,I eat a lot cos its nutty and smell good when freshly prepared and fermented.

(1) (Reply)

Is Colgate Bad For Your Health? / Pls I Need Help From Matured Minds And Doctors / Onion Juice For Hair Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.