Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Chat Room For Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chat Room For Nairaland? (1041 Views)

If You Were Imprisoned In A Room For 3 Months, Had A Computer With Internet..... / Chat Room For Coders Who Love Movies... / Chat Room Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chat Room For Nairaland? by dmy(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2010
Cant we have a chatroom on nairaland where we can chat LIVE wit fellow NLanders online at that time?Seun what do u think
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by dueal(m): 11:24am On Feb 08, 2010
@poster. That's a great idea. But judging from the popularity of NL, it could become a burden managing the traffic a chat app will spore one the server, depending on how it's implemented though.
@Seun. I'll be glad to lend a hand on this one,
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by dmy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2010
dueal:

@poster. That's a great idea. But judging from the popularity of NL, it could become a burden managing the traffic a chat app will spore one the server, depending on how it's implemented though.
@Seun. I'll be glad to lend a hand on this one,

It'll really be nice to have a chatroom.i think its something seun should REALLY look into,Oga Seun Over to you oh!
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by Kx: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
I think a chat room in here is long over due.
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by iGuru1(m): 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
@all, this is a gr8 idea for this forum. And the app should support mobile chat.
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by iarm(m): 6:34am On Feb 10, 2010
Does it have to be interfaced within the site itself? And, if so -- what about some sort of java based client that interoperates with some IRC server (consider freenode.org) which doesn't have to rely on nairaland itself for configurations, et al, which would be simpler for the administrating team, being as they wouldn't need to administrate it wink
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by dmy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
Seun we dey wait for you oh!!!!!!what do u think?
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by egift(m): 9:58am On Feb 12, 2010
Great idea, though I doubt it will be granted. Oga Admin is very conservative. The traffic and stream will be much too. He should do that when he is ready for major expansion.
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by iarm(m): 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2010
It doesn't need to be by any means official, but then again, it doesn't even surprise me in the slightest that this would possibly be denied.

Eh, anyway -- back to watching my tv show.
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by tpia5: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
Most of these chat rooms need to be shut down.

I don't see their function, and they are mostly breeding grounds for unsavoury characters to peddle hate and cronyism.

If they can't relate with themselves and discuss what crap they need to, without involving the forum, why should they involve the rest of us as nlers, in their terrorist agendas?
Re: Chat Room For Nairaland? by Emyo(m): 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
i am in to support this.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria.gov.ng (voluntarily) Redesigned / Master's Degree In Computer Programming In UK. Please Advice. / [android app]drimer Day Dreamer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.