Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,014 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (838746 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
KelechiNwachukw:
My application says a final decision has been made , and I didn't meet the eglibity requirements but no final decision has been made I know have been refused but I would like to ask if there's till hope

Kindly share your profile .....so d gurus will know were to help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
McOsheBaba:

Na online oh!
online route no be am abeg. i just tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Yes that's true, ESL program costs 3500CAD aside from tuition fee of 8,800CAD. Thank you so much for your advice. I'll look around and see if there is any school.

Most schools in Canada like colleges strictly accepts students for only fall semester.

Most universities accept fall/winter for international students. Most colleges which are more flexible have fall, winter, spring and summer. It depends on the college. But you might not have the option to do more courses during spring and summer semesters. (talking from experience)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cdynmar(f): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
So in essence, what you are trying to say that someone else other than my mum could act as a co sponsor? Because initially, that was the plan until I got an advice about not using someone who doesn't have the same surname with me as a co sponsor as that might raise a flag. The other person who wanted to co sponsor me is my mother's brother who clearly does not have the same surname with me.
Austinpee4:

Yea true. The first box is not related to funds sufficiency.

Your best chance will be to have your mum pay your full tuition and either transfer funds for your living expenses for the first year to you or leave it in her account.

Sometimes, the issue of insufficient funds cut across different factors.

1. Insufficient proof of relationship to sponsor.

2. Lump sum deposit of funds were seen in the account that was unexplained or did not show average income of sponsor.

3. Source of income/funds was not evidenced.

Using your mum as a sponsor puts you in pretty much good chance as to credibility to funds availability during your study. However, this does not entirely mean that if any trace of uncleared funds is seen in the account statement or financial document submitted it will be overlooked. A Visa officer main prerogative is to make sure fund is accessible by the applicant irrespective of who the sponsor is. The more you show you have direct access to funds, the better chance you have.

Notwithstanding, ensure you order for your immigration file AKA GCMS file note. It will help you know the exact reason inferred by the visa Officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
mcobex:
That should be VESPER market, so those people are still there? I thought they have been moved. Things are cheap there as well just like they are at Katagoa

Yeah. Vesper. That was in October 2014 oh. Not sure anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
@cydnmar....sorry about the refusal, was 12million the closing account balance and other properties you mentioned?? Or acct balance & estimate of the properties you mentioned that amounts to 12million, just wondering what could lead to this outcome if there was a closing bal of 12m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Eilenora: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
Same situation with mine

bbclue:

Kindly share your profile .....so d gurus will know were to help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
aliACCA:

your reason being?? smiley

Most applications like yours are usually forgotten applications. I'm talking from experience. When you request for withdrawal, with a tangible reason, they'll fast track ur processing. Try it and see. Especially if you graduated with very good grades
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
mesh2003:

Most universities accept fall/winter for international students. Most colleges which are more flexible have fall, winter, spring and summer. It depends on the college. But you might not have the option to do more courses during spring and summer semesters. (talking from experience)

I will run a check on that. Thank you @mesh2003
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
Cdynmar:
So in essence, what you are trying to say that someone else other than my mum could act as a co sponsor? Because initially, that was the plan until I got an advice about not using someone who doesn't have the same surname with me as a co sponsor as that might raise a flag. The other person who wanted to co sponsor me is my mother's brother who clearly does not have the same surname with me.
Anybody can sponsor you. They only simply need to state why they decided to do so and show a convincing commitment to their claims. Affidavit of support, etc and since your application was refused for insufficient funds, it will be advisable you pay your full tuition. The co-sponsor(uncle) should state how much he is/will be willing to support you with. It should be a reasonable and realistic amount considering his other obligation and family responsibilities.

Like i initially mentioned, the whole point is to ensure the applicant will have the required funds for study. The burden now will be on the applicant/sponsor to outrightly show this. In a recent case i know, an applicant transfered his entire funds(tuition+living expenses) to his student account after his previous application was refused for all 3 reasons. His reapplication was eventually approved. However, doing this is always at the applicant's risk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Newman1010: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
@Beyy, this is a terrible advise. shocked shocked

@ aliACCA, please don't try it. Just send a mail to Accra requesting for update or use CSE.

We should be careful with what we say here. This persons app could be refused after waiting for so long because of this statement below. Let's be guided accordingly.

Regards

Beyy:

Most applications like yours are usually forgotten applications. I'm talking from experience. When you request for withdrawal, with a tangible reason, they'll fast track ur processing. Try it and see. Especially if you graduated with very good grades

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
ceceliaa34:
Hi guys.

Finally paid my first semester tuition via Form A at Access Bank. Very fast I must say. Less than a week.

I'm planning to apply for Visa first week of September for Winter Session. My dad is my sponsor and we are planning on using his business account. However, sales has been kind of slow this year and we could maybe do about 7 million Naira as closing balance for SOA. I'm especially worried cos I'm going for PGD at Lambton so I want to submit a well-covered airtight application.

He does have a Pension Account of over 30million and he hasn't withdrawn even a kobo. The funds are still with the PFA and he doesn't want to withdraw now for reasons best known to him. Can we include his pension account as a supporting financial document? Is it advisable?

I should probably add that the inflow and outflow of the business account is quite strong...

Let your dad transfer some of the funds in his pension account to his savings account..,gradually not lumps um. he could transfer about 10million. Then from that 1million, pay your 1st semester fees and open a dorm account with an equivalent of 3 million. ..so its more like splitting your funds. You'll have his Pension account statement which will now be 20 million , his savings account statement, dorm account in ur name wt at least 3 million and your school fees receipt...that should do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Newman1010:
@Beyy, this is a terrible advise. shocked shocked

@ aliACCA, please don't try it. Just send a mail to Accra requesting for update or use CSE.

We should be careful with what we say here. This persons app could be refused after waiting for so long because of this statement below. Let's be guided accordingly.

Regards

Ok sorry for the advice. But it's what I've seen severally.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
Cdynmar:
Your uncle or anyone can sponsor you, all they need do is pay your tuition fee or pay the money into ur account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
Austinpee4:

Yea true. The first box is not related to funds sufficiency.

Your best chance will be to have your mum pay your full tuition and either transfer funds for your living expenses for the first year to you or leave it in her account.

Sometimes, the issue of insufficient funds cut across different factors.

1. Insufficient proof of relationship to sponsor.

2. Lump sum deposit of funds were seen in the account that was unexplained or did not show average income of sponsor.

3. Source of income/funds was not evidenced.

Using your mum as a sponsor puts you in pretty much good chance as to credibility to funds availability during your study. However, this does not entirely mean that if any trace of uncleared funds is seen in the account statement or financial document submitted it will be overlooked. A Visa officer main prerogative is to make sure fund is accessible by the applicant irrespective of who the sponsor is. The more you show you have direct access to funds, the better chance you have.

Notwithstanding, ensure you order for your immigration file AKA GCMS file note. It will help you know the exact reason inferred by the visa Officer.
Boss, please I need your advise.
My sponsor is my father but my brother wants to pay the living expenses into my dorm account without including himself as a cosponsor. Will it raise a red flag were there is no evidence in my sponsors acct of depositing d money.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
bronze25:

Boss, please I need your advise.
My sponsor is my father but my brother wants to pay the living expenses into my dorm account without including himself as a cosponsor. Will it raise a red flag were there is no evidence in my sponsors acct of depositing d money.
Regards
I'm not a boss o. No, it will not raise a red flag. Once the funds is in your name, no worries. It shows you have access to the available funds which is the main thing. Also, you may wish to use a letter of explanation to state that so so amount of money was given to you by a family member in support of your education. The person doesn't need to be a co-sponsor as long as the main sponsor can stand in well in financial strength even beyond the first year. You can just add evidence in the transfer reciept.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Eilenora: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hello Gurus pls advise on how to order for the GCMS Notes, how long it takes, cost implication and how to make payment. Also does one have to wait to get my package back or can one order right after seeing status update online

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Eilenora: 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
am also wondering, the fact that one is already in the express entry pool while applying for a TRV, does it count against one? like the spirit behind your TRV says u intend to return while express entry signifies you wish to migrate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
@Elienora....thought you applied late July, have you gotten a decision yet, am confused!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adebunmi07: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
You guys I need your suggestions. ...since am still awaiting medicals and visa and my admission is Sept 5...pls do you guys think it would be wise to differ my admission to Jan. What do you all think. So they don't give out my seat.pls I need advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ATAML: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
Beyy:

This is dangerous!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
Eilenora:
Hello Gurus pls advise on how to order for the GCMS Notes, how long it takes, cost implication and how to make payment. Also does one have to wait to get my package back or can one order right after seeing status update online

Many thanks.

Did your application got delay .....why not wait for cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
God have mercy on my application. ........ God any body handling my file. ....Let that person be happy through out my application. .......my case is different so is my application

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
@newman I concur

I don't think the moniker should do that ....

The best thing is to send mail to IRCC requesting for the status of the APP and state the length of the APP

[b]I didn't that on Monday and around 12pm and i got medical mail around 1:22pm

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cdynmar(f): 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
I don't know if I can send you a private message to get your contact or something if that is okay by you
Austinpee4:

Anybody can sponsor you. They only simply need to state why the decided to do so and show a convincing commitment to their claims. Affidavit of support, etc and since your application was refused for insufficient funds, it will be advisable you pay your full tuition. The co-sponsor(uncle) should state how much he is/will be willing to support you with. It should be a reasonable and realistic amount considering his other obligation and family responsibilities.

Like i initially mentioned, the whole point is to ensure the applicant will have the required funds for study. The burden now will be on the applicant/sponsor to outrightly show this. In a recent case i know, an applicant transfered his entire funds(tuition+living expenses) to his student account after his previous application was refused for all 3 reasons. His reapplication was eventually approved. However, doing this is always at the applicant's risk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Best thing is to defer your admission on time because september is at range alread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cdynmar(f): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thank you. Surprisingly, I am taking it well. 12 million was the closing balance in account. This is excluding the properties that were stated. So I am shocked at their refusal. Need I mention that my tuition fee is 12k CAD and I had already paid 2500 out of it.
Arebo:
@cydnmar....sorry about the refusal, was 12million the closing account balance and other properties you mentioned?? Or acct balance & estimate of the properties you mentioned that amounts to 12million, just wondering what could lead to this outcome if there was a closing bal of 12m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cdynmar(f): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
So the remaining balance was in account statement submitted and accommodation fees too.
Cdynmar:
Thank you. Surprisingly, I am taking it well. 12 million was the closing balance in account. This is excluding the properties that were stated. So I am shocked at their refusal. Need I mention that my tuition fee is 12k CAD and I had already paid 2500 out of it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
adebunmi07:
You guys I need your suggestions. ...since am still awaiting medicals and visa and my admission is Sept 5...pls do you guys think it would be wise to differ my admission to Jan. What do you all think. So they don't give out my seat.pls I need advice.
Do not defer your admission now, wait till around 3 days to resumption before you can even think it. Keep mailing your school that you have applied for trv and still expecting to hear from cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akinsu: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Did u get a reply first asides the automated one
gbsunmonu:

@newman I concur

I don't think the moniker should do that ....

The best thing is to send mail to IRCC requesting for the status of the APP and state the length of the APP

[b]I didn't that on Monday and around 12pm and i got medical mail around 1:22pm

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cuspy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Perfectly Spoken. i'll look into that.

Sure my uncle is willingly to sponsor me.(Any input please)?

The gurus have given their advices on your case. I am only a learner here. All the best in your next app.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.