Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834042 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
glam4444:

Since dey ve sent u mail for medicals ,tinz re moving well.
The upfront test u did .I hope itz from the designated hospitals, if not download the message nd go for anoda medical test..
I submitted medical test by my own doctor ,I got an email wen dey started reviewing my eligibility to go for anoda test which I passed afta 3 days .

#God's grace rain on our applications
Kip praying
Stay positive

Amen o! Everything will end in praise for us all my dear

Yeah I did, in a designated hospital. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
glam4444:

U don submit finish
Just pray..
I dey pray o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yasmine04: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
mcobex:
Yes it's ok since the school doesn't accept fees at this time. Just wait and whenever cic ask for proof of tuition payment you will resend the letter where the school state categorically that they don't accept tuition fee at this stage(most schools accept tuition fee only when a student secures trv so I want to believe that's your case)
Thank you.
Well, as at the time I applied (may) the only fee my school needed was d acceptance fee to confirm my seat which I paid but they have started accepting tuition fees now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
I will advise you attach to your mail the medical result/form given to you at IOM
kosb:

Thanks a lot Austinpee4. cheesy cheesy I just called the clinic: IOM Abuja and they asked me send cic an email. But will discuss this your option with them.

Update: I just did and was told they usually do not resend results. I should be fine with just sending CIC a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
willyboss:
I will advise you attach to your mail the medical result/form given to you at IOM

Thank you willyboss. I have done that already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
kosb:

Amen o. If it happens, one champagne glass for you... on me.lolz

Abeg can you confirm the cic email address for me.... abeg
you should send it to the email that sent your the notification except if the message states otherwise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
kosb:

Amen o. If it happens, one champagne glass for you... on me.lolz

Abeg can you confirm the cic email address for me.... abeg
you should send it to the email that sent your the notification except if the message states otherwise. All you need do now is reply the mail and attach all the documents you intend to send
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 2grozz: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

Two cases of this type now.

I think she has to apply for a new trv to get into Canada.

The study permit is not a travel document.

Sorry for this though.

Thank you very much.
Going by your comments, does this mean like a fresh application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
Yasmine04:

Thank you.
Well, as at the time I applied (may) the only fee my school needed was d acceptance fee to confirm my seat which I paid but they have started accepting tuition fees now.
If your school niw accepts tuition fee and cic is asking for proof of tuition payment then I will advise you pay for tuition fee via form A(which shouldn't exceed a week), once your school confirms your payment they will send you a proof of payment or receipt then you can now send the receipt to cic immediately but if you feel you don't have that much time then let your sponsor pay the said amount into your account and re-write another letter of support that the money has been sent to you cos you don't have enough time to pay tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 2grozz: 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
Austinpee4:

I don't think there is anything VFS can do about your friend's situation as they are not the canadian embassy and may not take a decision on the situation. She will have to apply to renew her TRV as this is the valid document to even board the aircraft to canada. She can apply for the renewal online or through VFS with a paper application.

Her study permit is not a travel document and the extension is for her to remain as a student in canada. To travel to and fro, she will need to have a valid TRV.

Thank you.
Will she go through the same process as a fresh application? Or certain steps would be ignored?
How long do you think this renewal might take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lonelyhrt(f): 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i just dey enter this thread every hour hoping for goodnews

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
choky26:
Good day house. Just started following this thread. I applied to study Pre-nursing at Brandon University as a second degree (having obtained my BSc in Biochemistry in 2014 and completed my NYSC in 2015) on the 7th of april 2017, and got a mail the next day requesting I forward my WAEC and transcript. I sent all the required documents on 18th of april and got a message from Brandon Uni on the 25th of april that they have recieved my documents and will have to be reviewed.
On 2nd of May I got a mail from Brandon Uni containing my admission letter that I have been admitted to start 3rd January, 2018. I submitted my study application on the 29th of June via VFS global Abuja with upfront medicals and got a message thesame day that my application has been forwarded to CIC thesame day with my tracking no.
On 26th of July, I created account on CIC and linked my paper application. I checked and my medicals shows passed while other things are still under processing. The interview line says I don't neeed an interview, additional documents says they do not need any other documents and final decision is still application still processing.
My brother will be sponsoring me. We have thesame surname and he resides in Finland. This is my 1st visa application so I want the gurus in the house to access my application and tell me what what they think.

Documents submitted

Study permit app. form and other forms from CIC website ( duely filled). Which was cross-checked by a VFS officer to be complete.

My admission letter from Brandon Uni containing my student ID no.

Court affidavit for birth certification

BSc cert

Photocopy of my passport

Photocopy of my brother's Nigerian and Finnish passport

Letter of intent

Letter of sponsorship from my brother (duely signed)

My brothers statements of account (duely signed and stamped) amounting to CAD 27,500

My CV

And my original passport.

NB. Brandon Uni said I should budget roughly CAD 23,000

I'm a little concerned because I've now seen people include landed properties, employment NYSC cert and professional courses which I didn't include because I just included only the documents the VFS officer asked for and she said my application is complete.

I currently work in my fathers bakery as a supervisor but don't have/need an employment letter.

Have some professional certs and NYSC cert which I didn't include

Didn't include my brothers landed properties and that of my dad and mum which is upto 5 different lands in different locations in Enugu. Which is up to 6 plots +

Please I want to ask if I can still submit all these documents I left out even though I have submitted my application or are the documents already submitted sufficient.

Please I neeed reviews.

Thanks

No Home Tie.

I think you have not convinced the VO that you gonna go back home.

To the Best of my Knowledge tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gg4real: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, please my lil sister check her cic account now and discovered her eligibility status has change to " we are reviewing your eligibility" but no medical mail yet. Please what does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
kosb:

Thanks a lot Austinpee4. cheesy cheesy I just called the clinic: IOM Abuja and they asked me send cic an email. But will discuss this your option with them.

Update: I just did and was told they usually do not resend results. I should be fine with just sending CIC a mail
bro you don't have to contact the clinic again just send the documents the clinic gave to you when you did your medical to cic and cic will do the rest by contacting the clinic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
ayonet:

No Home Tie.

I think you have not convinced the VO that you gonna go back home.

To the Best of my Knowledge tho
That's why I asked if to send the landed properties as additonal documents incase CIC asks for additional documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
@choky26 Yes u can send additional documents as long as you feel the will affect ur application positively but the thing is I can't go back this thread to search for the email address you can send the additional documents to, so you will have to read from page 0 of this thread and you will see it. NB: Gurus in the house that know the email address for additional documents should pls give him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
mcobex:
@choky26 Yes u can send additional documents as long as you feel the will affect ur application positively but the thing is I can't go back this thread to search for the email address you can send the additional documents to, so you will have to read from page 0 of this thread and you will see it. NB: Gurus in the house that know the email address for additional documents should pls give him
Thanks for the info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
choky26:

That's why I asked if to send the landed properties as additonal documents incase CIC asks for additional documents.
You can send additional documents even without cic requesting for it, but I don't have the email address you are suppose to send it to. Try and read from page 0 to date of this thread maybe you will find it there or gurus in the house with the address should help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2017
I sent in a doc last Friday and CIC acknowledged it today. I sent it to: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
All the best!
choky26:

Thanks for the info

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ope100:
I sent in a doc last Friday and CIC acknowledged it today. I sent it to: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
All the best!
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
choky26:

Thank you
Make sure you include your application details so cic will know it's you. @ope can give a the format he used to send his
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
No specific format sir. Here's how i composed mine.
Mail Subject: Study permit - Request to update my application
Mail body: Dear Sir/Ma

I have been awarded the ******* Award. A tuition credit in the amount of $**** which will be applied to my ******* College account for the ****** program I applied a study permit for, commencing September 5, 2017.

The attached letter is a portion of proof of my financial support from the ******** Award.

I wish that it be added to my file for my study permit application.

Application Number: ***********

UCI: *********

Thank you!

mcobex:
Make sure you include your application details so cic will know it's you. @ope can give a the format he used to send his
choky26:

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by freshdude10: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
gg4real:
Hello gurus in the house, please my lil sister check her cic account now and discovered her eligibility status has change to " we are reviewing your eligibility" but no medical mail yet. Please what does this mean?

Positive sign I guess.

When did she submit Pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ope100:
No specific format sir. Here's how i composed mine.
Mail Subject: Study permit - Request to update my application
Mail body: Dear Sir/Ma

I have been awarded the ******* Award. A tuition credit in the amount of $**** which will be applied to my ******* College account for the ****** program I applied a study permit for, commencing September 5, 2017.

The attached letter is a portion of proof of my financial support from the ******** Award.

I wish that it be added to my file for my study permit application.

Application Number: ***********

UCI: *********

Thank you!

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by freshdude10: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
kosb:

When did you submit Pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibbravura: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
omojehovah:

Is it a must that one merge all the documents, if yes, how?
Okay. Its a two way thing.
If you applied online then yhu have to upload the additional document on ur cic account. Means yhu will have to merge them for uploading as a single file.

Hence
If offline and yu didnt link online.
You need not merge. Yhu will just take advantage of attachment property in the mail section.
Add every document u want to revert with. No need to merge.

I hope this help.

IBB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gg4real: 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
she submitted on 26th May but no medical mail yet
freshdude10:

Positive sign I guess.

When did she submit Pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by freshdude10: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
gg4real:
she submitted on 26th May but no medical mail yet

Expect med mail soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by seyiT: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
What could happen if one is unable to resume school at the appropriate time in canada due to the long processing time of student visa by CIC/IRCC?
For instance, I applied for my TRV here in Nigeria in June and I am supposed to start my MSc program on Sept 5 but am not sure i will get my student visa before september
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
seyiT:
What could happen if one is unable to resume school at the appropriate time in canada due to the long processing time of student visa by CIC/IRCC?
For instance, I applied for my TRV here in Nigeria in June and I am supposed to start my MSc program on Sept 5 but am not sure i will get my student visa before september
Don't say dat..
Anything can happen.
Kip praying..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
seyiT:

Cic will surely get back to you before the resumption date. But in case it's few days to resumption say 4-5days and still no news, request for a Deferment asap coz by then, they will get back to you by requesting for new acceptance letter to proceed with the processing. Hope for the best. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
ibbravura:

Okay. Its a two way thing.
If you applied online then yhu have to upload the additional document on ur cic account. Means yhu will have to merge them for uploading as a single file.

Hence
If offline and yu didnt link online.
You need not merge. Yhu will just take advantage of attachment property in the mail section.
Add every document u want to revert with. No need to merge.

I hope this help.

IBB
ibbravuva please check your mail I sent you a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.