Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834214 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ladon7:
good evening my great people, pls i have wrote lots of professors(like 50 in different sch), seeking for phd research position in their various groups , none of them has given me any positive feedback, is there anything am not doing right or what?. had 2.2 in my first degree and 2.1 in second degree , published two journals papers and a conference paper. my field is industrial chemistry. pls help a sister

Try Saskachewan if you have not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
Agbaletu:

Please, can I sponsor my friend? I just don't know how to state our relationship while writing his introduction letter.
I will be using two statement of accounts of 20.5M (Naira and Dollar Accounts)
Thanks
Yes you can sponsor your friend , all you need do is tell the vo it is your own way of helping a friend and go further by paying his tuition fee and transfer his living expenses into his personal account before he applies for the visa. How much is his tuition fee and living expenses? How much do you intend to spend for his studies? Remember the vo will expect you to have enough left for yourself and your dependants after sponsoring your friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
MeinKampf:

I think many people on this forum without permanent residency or citizenship have helped people to get the 5 CAD note

It's clearly stated that under the freedom of information act, you have to be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada to request for someone's record. These are the kind of things that come back and bite you in the rear end. It's like voting . Only citizens can vote. If you go out to vote claiming you are a citizen, nobody will stop you. But after a while you come to apply for PR or citizenship and it's found in your record that you circumvented the laws by illegally circumventing the rules of something, that is grounds for clear denial. Better warn those people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
Am at the bank now they are telling me I can't use the gtb naira MasterCard to pay the fee that it has to be a dollar card. Please how true is that
omolan:

Check if your card is not under card control of GTB
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
Dorisdili:
Am at the bank now they are telling me I can't use the gtb naira MasterCard to pay the fee that it has to be a dollar card. Please how true is that

Is a lie...I paid for a lady last two week with gtb mastercard

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by swisster: 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
Dorisdili:

don't you have anoda bank master card,if not then look for someone whose own will work for u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by swisster: 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good day guys.
please i want to know the process of doing medical clearance upfront before applying for visa so that it will hasten my visa process, and also how much is d medical clearance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It's clearly stated that under the freedom of information act, you have to be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada to request for someone's record. These are the kind of things that come back and bite you in the rear end. It's like voting . Only citizens can vote. If you go out to vote claiming you are a citizen, nobody will stop you. But after a while you come to apply for PR or citizenship and it's found in your record that you circumvented the laws by illegally circumventing the rules of something, that is grounds for clear denial. Better warn those people.
Individuals who have legal status in Canada aside PR or a Canadian Citizen CAN request for the GCMS file. The law allows this. See the screenshot attached.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by luvcarz(m): 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Sorry for the delay.

Order for GCMS note to know the real reason for the delay

Look out for Frankrobbn1's post on how to tackle delay caused by finances.

I think it's easy to get a solution to these problems as only the finances are ticked.

You can also share your profile so the house can now how best to advise you

Start planning to make part payment of your tuition in next application. Also, Your living cost for a year with a sum that is enough to cover your travel cost should be paid into your domiciliary or personal account.

Best wishes
Thanks for your response sir, I just checked for the GCMS note online, it can only be purchased in canada, about the money you asked me to pay into my account, can I take my own statement of account along with that of my sponsor to the embassy when next I am applying. I already paid the first semester tuition fee, and I used my sponsor company statement of account. Not his personal account. Pls what can I do to show that I have enough fund to cater for myself, I can pay for d second semester to make it a full year tuition but I cannot pay for the hostel. it is too expensive #750 Canadian dollar per month. Also I will also see what I can do about putting some money in my domiciliary account. Do you think if I drop like 3600 dollars there now and I print it six month frm now without other transactions on it would be ok?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
OK thanks
swisster:

don't you have anoda bank master card,if not then look for someone whose own will work for u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Naira card right?
bbclue:

Is a lie...I paid for a lady last two week with gtb mastercard
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello fam. I just left vfs, went to submit my application via paper route. Ehm, here's my question : when am I to link up my application for easy correspondence between the V.O and I? Am I to do it immediately or I have to wait up a bit??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
Austinpee4:

Individuals who have legal status in Canada aside PR or a Canadian Citizen CAN request for the GCMS file. The law allows this. See the screenshot attached.

I guess it's legal then. Ride on!! It's says any individual in Canada, meaning you actually don't need legal status even.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
ChuksEbube:
Hello fam. I just left vfs, went to submit my application via paper route. Ehm, here's my question : when am I to link up my application for easy correspondence between the V.O and I? Am I to do it immediately or I have to wait up a bit??
48hours after submission will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Agbaletu: 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcobex:
Yes you can sponsor your friend , all you need do is tell the vo it is your own way of helping a friend and go further by paying his tuition fee and transfer his living expenses into his personal account before he applies for the visa. How much is his tuition fee and living expenses? How much do you intend to spend for his studies? Remember the vo will expect you to have enough left for yourself and your dependants after sponsoring your friend.
Thanks for your response.
Tuition and living expenses will cost 25000$.
I don't want to spend more than 25000$.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello house.
So I have already applied to USASK and Ryerson University, I am waiting for admission. Please can anyone provide me with the link to very first thread of student Canadian visa processes. I wish to prepare and gather documents for visa application ahead of time.

Meanwhile, I am presently doing an MSc in Radiation and Health since 2016 while doing a small field job(Little payment). I hoped I would finish before SEP, 2018 so I could apply to a better school(that has better knowledge and equipment) for this course(Still MSc). Due to strikes and other delays from the school, I still haven't been able to conclude and I have applied to a school already in Canada for almost same course, to resume this fall(September). Do you think I should include that I am presently running a master's in same course but wish to get better knowledge as Nigeria has limited knowledge on medical Physics? Or Should I leave it out of my LOE? Seeing that I might not likely be able to complete it before fall?

Thanchuuuuuu for your response in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
Agbaletu:

Thanks for your response.
Tuition and living expenses will cost 25000$.
I don't want to spend more than 25000$.
Ok, you can sponsor him but like I said earlier make sure you pay his tuition fee and transfer the living expenses into his personal account(dorm account or naira )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
CookieLaVee:
Hello house.
So I have already applied to USASK and Ryerson University, I am waiting for admission. Please can anyone provide me with the link to very first thread of student Canadian visa processes. I wish to prepare and gather documents for visa application ahead of time.

Meanwhile, I am presently doing an MSc in Radiation and Health since 2016 while doing a small field job(Little payment). I hoped I would finish before SEP, 2018 so I could apply to a better school(that has better knowledge and equipment) for this course(Still MSc). Due to strikes and other delays from the school, I still haven't been able to conclude and I have applied to a school already in Canada for almost same course, to resume this fall(September). Do you think I should include that I am presently running a master's in same course but wish to get better knowledge as Nigeria has limited knowledge on medical Physics? Or Should I leave it out of my LOE? Seeing that I might not likely be able to complete it before fall?

Thanchuuuuuu for your response in advance.
click on page 0 and you will be there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dennis2000: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Please all I need your reply
I got admission in Manitoba for undergraduate have sent my application but in my application my dad decided to sponsor my two cousins also their parents is sponsoring them too. So we all put the application together
But am worried because I have heard cases of refusal due to sufficient funds my dad has 20m closing balance can it be a problem because my Dad is sponsoring both me and my two cousins
Please urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcobex:
48hours after submission will do

Thanks, fam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dennis2000: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
I got admission in Manitoba for undergraduate have sent my application but in my application my dad decided to sponsor my two coursing also their parents is sponsoring them too. So we all put the application together
But am worried because I have heard cases of refusal due to sufficient funds my dad has 20m closing balance can it be a problem because my Dad is sponsoring both me and my two cousins
Please urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
Dennis2000:
I got admission in Manitoba for undergraduate have sent my application but in my application my dad decided to sponsor my two coursing also their parents is sponsoring them too. So we all put the application together
Please urgent reply
how much is your dad allocating to your cousins each and yours as well? pls don't tell me the whole 20mil
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Agbaletu: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcobex:
Ok, you can sponsor him but like I said earlier make sure you pay his tuition fee and transfer the living expenses into his personal account(dorm account or naira )
Thanks for your swift response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
Agbaletu:

Thanks for your swift response.
Least I forget, you MUST show your source of income (like employment letter to show you are working, work ID, payslip, etc) anything to show that you can sustain the sponsorship beyond the first year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Agbaletu: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcobex:
Least I forget, you MUST show your source of income (like employment letter to show you are working, work ID, payslip, etc) anything to show that you can sustain the sponsorship beyond the first year.
Thanks. God bless you.
Can I give him photocopy of my employment letter because the original is not here with me?
I can add landed properties worth 30m.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Canadahelper: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
[quote author=Muinnat95 post=64914286][/quote]

Thats the issue most likely.

You didn't submit any statements showing liquid financial assets.

As far as I've heard corporate accounts don't count for much even if theres 50million there unless your sponsor submits a personal account as well.

My advice : resubmit with both personal account and company account. Maybe pay all the tuition completely if you can.

Also , make sure there is steady cash flow into the personal account for the duration of the statement , no unexplained lump sum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcobex:
click on page 0 and you will be there
Thank you for your prompt response.

Please what about the second question?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
Agbaletu:

Thanks. God bless you.
Can I give him photocopy of my employment letter because the original is not here with me?
I can add landed properties worth 30m.
Yes the photocopy will do, but landed property is not really a source or income if it doesn't raise money (like rent), if it's a property placed on rent you should show proof of tenants payment. Since you work in a company your pays lip will help as well(it is very very important)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
CookieLaVee:
Thank you for your prompt response.

Please what about the second question?
Where you work now, is it related to your field of study (Bsc) and your intended program in Canada (Msc)? If yes, you don't need to tell the vo you are doing masters now. All you need do is tell them you are working (the amount you earn as salary isn't an issue), but if the job you are doing is not related then you have to silent the job and tell the vo you are doing a masters (though it's another problem to convince the vo why you are going for another masters when you are almost done with one)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Not just having someone in Canada, but the person has to be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada to get that $5 rate. You have to write a letter too or fill out a government of Canada form given the person permission to get your records. Just helped someone to do it two days ago, the process is rather detailed.

jnyuwa02 this is not true. People with student visa or individual legally residing in Canada can as well order for this note on applicant behalf. So it must not necessarily be a citizen or a permanent residence that can order for this note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dennis2000: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
No not all 20m
I calculated it if my cost is 25k CAD my two cousins 40k CAD ( their parents also supporting) everything to naira is 18m and my dad closing bal is 20m
Can there be a problem pls urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoyin123(f): 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good evening house. My sponsor want to send money for my living expenses into my account. Please is it advisable to transfer it to my personal account or I should open a domiciliary account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.