Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828500 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2017
Osemigho:

Hi Nurse, we couldn't fix a meeting as earlier agreed. I don't know what to prepare about than to ensure I'm with necessary documents. Thank God for you. Some wish to have your kind of stress. cool
Thank God oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2017
mcobex:
The program you intend going for will determine the school to attend, try and use Google to narrow your search. As for your US denials it won't affect your Canada application, but make sure you make it known to the vo when filling your form and writing your sop (also state the reasons you were denied and how you have tackled it in your Canada visa application). Best of luck
Please is there any space on the form to give reasons for denial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

It is cheaper in Lagos. #7000-10000. But, don't act like a big man. Just bargain wella.
someone dropped a police officers number that does it for 3k-5k so why all these hassle about pcc? @choky26 ask mcobex for the contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2017
Emmane:
Not sure if my assumptions are true but it just what have noticed.
It seems the younger folks here get TRVs easily, with their straight forward "air-tight" applications. E.g. those with 1yr and less post grad/NYSC work experience going for their Masters get their apps accessed faster and their TRVs come in faster as well, than people with 5, 6years and above wealth of work experience, their application passes through thoroough scrutiny.

Just some wild assumptions.... Don't know sha. From the little have notice on this thread.
if you were a visa officer wouldn't it be easier for you to see someone with a straight forward application like that as a genuine students?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2017
McOsheBaba:

If you are going to Abuja Police Headquarters, I'd advice you not to bargain at all. Just give them the 10k and get your thing done in three days. That seems to be the flat rate for all comers. Sorry if I came off too blunt earlier.
Na now u come. Thanks for the heads up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
someone dropped a police officers number that does it for 3k-5k so why all these hassle about pcc? @choky26 ask mcobex for the contact
Alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
itzvictor:
Please gurus in the house. I have been looking for school here in canada but all of them want payment of a year tuition before been giving the necessary papers. Is there any without such protocols??
Brandon university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
[quote author=OmalichaUC post=59140609]Mehn! It differs oh!
Someone studied Microbiology and still got Nursing at BRANDON.
Though the fellow was initially denied based on insufficient funds only, he refired and was approved.
Another studied Engineering as UG and applied for Disability Studies. He was given TRV at just one sitting.
This applicant should give more convincing and detailed linkage of his two courses. He should outline the professional and economic benefits of the intended course. This still boils down to a sound SOP.
My opinion though.

Yea that's what I will do. My SOP will explain everything clearly this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
cecechi:

Please is there any space on the form to give reasons for denial.
Yes there is (but it's optional). Also try to explain it on your sop cos I have seen here where applicants thick that they have been denied visa only and cic said they misinterpret so if possible try and explain any denial on ur sop so you can have something to hold cic to in case anything like that comes up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
if you were a visa officer wouldn't it be easier for you to see someone with a straight forward application like that as a genuine students?

Some people in the clinical sector go for professional courses after some years of clinical practise. Since most of the time, Research Master degree programmes dont add much to the people who are into purely clinicals as this is purely academics but Professional update courses and CPDs go alone way.

How about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
@choky26 is based in abuja and he is jot coming to lagos. let him go with around 10k (that's what almost everyone that did their's in abuja have been paying).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
kindly check your mail. I just pm u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
atiteb4:
kindly check your mail. I just pm u.
Nothing in my email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by debris: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
somebody help answer oooo embarassed embarassed

can someone with 4 years undergraduate study permit switch to post graduate studies of 2yrs on getting to canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
choky26:

Nothing in my email
oh sorry I meant @canadianNurse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
mcobex:
@choky26 is based in abuja and he is jot coming to lagos. let him go with around 10k (that's what almost everyone that did their's in abuja have been paying).
Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
Osemigho:

My opinion.

School fees paid from your uncle's account right? if yes, Can he support your application further by transferring the balance of your tuition and upkeep into your bank account? If yes, let him do a bank-to-bank transfer of the funds into your account. He should then state in his letter of financial support that he made the school fee deposit and living expenses balance transfer as evidence of his commitment and willingness to do more if neccessary.

For family tie, let any of your parents, who is related to your uncle, write a letter of support for you which will state that your uncle is your sponsor, their relationship, and evidence of their relationship as among documents you will submit.

For your info and for best result, you may have to draft the necessary letters yourself and get them to read and sign it. You can add their contact details into the letter for verification. Good luck

Thanks @Osemigho, The school deposit fee was paid from his account. I think if he transfers the balance of my tuition and upkeep into my bank account he will only have few million felt. My school fee is about 6 million not considering the living expenses. My uncle has already stated in his letter of sponsorship that he had made the required deposit on my behalf. Also, he has also stated the relationship between him and my mum with a proof, he also stated that I would be coming back to the country to work for him. Moreover, I have never receive such a huge amount in my account, will this not implicate me? Please enlighten me the more. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
Plz guys, hw long does it take between submitting passport to get it back?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Guys please o, how many canadian school can I apply to is one enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
John991:
Guys please o, how many canadian school can I apply to is one enough?

It all depends on you and what you want. But don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Teeyme: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good afternoon good people of nairaland. I am new here, and have gotten lots of information from this thread right from part 12, which am still reading. I am about submitting my application tomorrow, but would like to showcase my document for review. It goes thus;
Online route
Course progression: Bsc Business administration-->> MBA
Alll CIC forms
Passport data page
Passport page with UK visa
Police clearance
Birth certificate
Admission letter
Nysc call up letter
Acceptance letter from ppa
Nysc ID
Undergraduate Cert
Undergraduate transcript
Neco result
Sponsor(Dad) SOA with closing balance of 12m
Sponsor's shares about 30m
Sponsor's land asset about 5m
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit
Declaration of sponsorship
Semester fee receipt of $7500 from dom acct
Digital photo
And SOP addressing (career objectives,goals, purpose of visit, and why I choose Canada).
I am currently undergoing my nysc. And I am bothered about the situation of home tie, as it seems I lack one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akachukwudiya(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hello House,

Applied since 3rd May via Paper route for myself(student), sister(student), parents(visiting) claiming they will accompany us to make sure we are well settled as they are our sponsor.

Update today for all us "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Please, how long does it take to review eligibilty? We start Fall 2017.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Teeyme:
Good afternoon good people of nairaland. I am new here, and have gotten lots of information from this thread right from part 12, which am still reading. I am about submitting my application tomorrow, but would like to showcase my document for review. It goes thus;
Online route
Alll CIC forms
Passport data page
Police clearance
Birth certificate
Admission letter
Nysc call up letter
Nysc ID
Undergraduate Cert
Undergraduate transcript
Neco result
Sponsors(Dad) SOA with closing balance of 12m
Sponsors shares about 30m
Sponsors land asset about 5m
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit
Digital photo
And SOP addressing (career objectives,goals, purpose of visit, and why I choose Canada).
I am currently undergoing my nysc. And I am bother about the situation of home tie, as it seems I lack one

Hello boss,

For hometie, use your family; dad, mum, siblings etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Teeyme: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

For hometie, use your family; dad, mum, siblings etc

Thanks for the rapid response.
Please, how do I go about proving that, should I provide their birth cert or make a statement in my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
akachukwudiya:
Hello House,

Applied since 3rd May via Paper route for myself(student), sister(student), parents(visiting) claiming they will accompany us to make sure we are well settled as they are our sponsor.

Update today for all us "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Check from today till Monday latest.. Dey are about to decide on ur case...congrats in advance.
Pray more

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2017
Teeyme:

Please, how do I go about proving that, should I provide their birth cert or make a statement in my SOP?

Make a statement in your sop.

You know your family... So make the statement reflect to your position in the family and important you are and they are to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2017
Teeyme:
Online route
Alll CIC forms
Passport data page
Police clearance
Birth certificate
Admission letter
Nysc call up letter
Nysc ID
Undergraduate Cert
Undergraduate transcript
Neco result
Sponsor(Dad) SOA with closing balance of 12m
Sponsor's shares about 30m
Sponsor's land asset about 5m
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit
Digital photo
I am currently undergoing my nysc. And I am bothered about the situation of home tie, as it seems I lack one.
Your family is enough to be your hometie. Your profile looks good to me, but when are you resuming and when are you rounding up service? Hope you will round up service before going for the program? if yes try and state it in your sop. Your dad also needs to specify the amount he is committing for your studies . Lastly try and include your soa as well even you don't have large sum in it(just I case),
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Teeyme: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2017
maziude:

Make a statement in your sop.

You know your family... So make the statement reflect to your position in the family and important you are and they are to you.

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
Emmane:

Some people in the clinical sector go for professional courses after some years of clinical practise. Since most of the time, Research Master degree programmes dont add much to the people who are into purely clinicals as this is purely academics but Professional update courses and CPDs go alone way.

How about that?
all I'm saying is processing will he faster with a simple and straightforward profile with less complexities than otherwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
Teeyme:

if you can get their birth certificate fine, but most importantly STATE IT IN YOUR SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Teeyme: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
mcobex:
Your family is enough to be your hometie. Your profile looks good to me, but when are you resuming and when are you rounding up service? Hope you will round up service before going for the program? if yes try and state it in your sop. Your dad also needs to specify the amount he is committing for your studies

Winter (january). Rounding up service this year November. Yes he made that clear in his declaration of sponsorship and in the study permit form under funds available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AAOL: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
akachukwudiya:
Hello House,

Hello. For how long has your Background check been 'we are processing...'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.