Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,224 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:05 AM

39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad (7210 Views)

Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020 / Wording Of The Tashahhud And Sending Blessings On The Prophet / Prophet Muhammad Tops The List Of The Most Influential People Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by CashZamani(m): 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ibn-ul-Qayyim collects 39 benefits, in his amazing book Jalaa ul Afhaam , regarding invoking Allah to Bless Prophet Muhammad. All of the points are based on authentic evidence from the Quran and Sunnah.

1- Responding to the order of Allah, Exalted and Magnificent.

2- Following the order of Allah, Exalted and Magnificent in the sending of blessings upon His Messenger, although the blessings (requesting Blessings) differ, being from us supplication and request, and being from Allah exaltation and ennoblement.

3- Following the Angels in invocation of the Messenger (peace be upon him), also.

4- The attainment of ten blessings from Allah for every one blessing upon the Messenger (peace be upon him)

5- He who sends blessing upon the Prophet (peace be upon him) Allah raises him by ten levels.

6- He also has written for him ten
good deeds .

7- He also has erased from his record ten bad deeds.

8- The invocation increases the chance of one’s supplication being answered if it follows the supplication, as the invocation of blessings upon the Prophet (peace be upon him) raises those supplications up to the Lord of the Worlds which were stalled between the heavens and the earth.

9- It is a means to receive the intercession of the Prophet (peace be upon him) whether or not a specific intercession is sought.

10- It is a means to have one’s
sins forgiven.

11- It is a means for Allah to satisfy his servant’s worldly needs.

12- It is a means to draw near to the Prophet (peace be upon him) on the Day of Resurrection.

13- It compensates for giving
charity for those who are too poor to give it.

14- It is a means of fulfilling one’s needs (Qada’ al-Haajah ).

15 – It is a means to receive the Prophet’s blessings, and the Angels likewise .

16- It is a means of purification for he who invokes it.

17- For one who sends blessings on him it is glad tidings in his life that he has been granted his place in Paradise.

18- It is a means of salvation from the terror of the Day of Resurrection .

19- It is a means for the Prophet to return the blessings and greeting upon he who invokes it.

20- It is a means to purify a meeting or gathering and is a means to prevent any ill talk or conduct occurring therein.

21- It is a means to remember something which has been forgotten.

22- It is a safeguard against poverty.

23- It saves one from being branded a miser or stingy

24- It saves one from being cursed and disgraced because the one who neglects the blessings and prayers upon
hearing the Prophet’s name risks receiving Allah’s anger .

25- It keeps the one who invokes it steadfast upon the path to
Paradise, and keeps he who neglects it from traveling the path.

26- It safeguards a believer on the
Siraat (bridge over Hellfire ) and makes their feet firm

27- It is a cause for the perfection of any speech which begins with the praise of Allah the Exalted and the blessings of His Messenger.

28- It is a cause for the slave to find light cast in abundance in his life to guide him on the Straight Path .

29- It refines the worshiper’s character and manners.

30- It is a means for Allah to preserve those in the heavens and the earth praising and commending he who invokes it.

31- It is a means of the worshiper to obtain blessing for himself in his work, life and provision.

32- It is a means of obtaining the
mercy of Allah.

33- It sustains, increases and multiplies love for the Messenger of Allah, which is among the core bases of faith, without which faith cannot be complete.

34- It earns the Prophet’s love for the servant of Allah.

35- It is a means of the worshiper’s guidance, and a source of vitality for his heart.

36- It causes the worshiper’s name to be shown to the Prophet, and the mention of the worshiper to him.

37- It is a means for the worshiper to find ease upon crossing the pass over the Hellfire.

38- Invoking blessing and peace upon the Prophet is his right upon us.

39- Invoking blessing and peace upon the Prophet in itself contains remembrance of Allah the Exalted, and is an expression of thanks to Him and a recognition of His immense favor upon His slaves by sending him to us.

‘O Allah, Exalt and Ennoble Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, just as You Exalted and Ennobled Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. O Allah, send blessings upon Mohammad and upon the family of Muhammad, just as You sent blessings upon Ibrahim and upon the family of Ibrahim. Verily, You are full of praise and majesty.’

13 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Newnas(m): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
JazaakaLLaahu khayraa OP great work.

But some further addition :

Soheehul Bukharee

Book of: Prolhets

Chapter

Hadith no :3259

Narrated Abu Humaid As-Sa`idi:

The people asked, "O Allah''''s Apostle! How shall we (ask Allah to) send blessings on you?" Allah''''s Apostle replied, "Say: O Allah! Send Your Mercy on Muhammad and on his wives and on his off spring, as You sent Your Mercy on Abraham''''s family; and send Your Blessings on Muhammad and on his offspring, as You sent Your Blessings on Abraham''''s family, for You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious.

6 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Newnas(m): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
10 - باب حدثنا موسى بن إسماعيل

حديث رقم :3260

حَدَّثَنَا قَيْسُ بْنُ حَفْصٍ، وَمُوسَى بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو قُرَّةَ، مُسْلِمُ بْنُ سَالِمٍ الْهَمْدَانِيُّ قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عِيسَى، سَمِعَ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنَ أَبِي لَيْلَى، قَالَ

لَقِيَنِي كَعْبُ بْنُ عُجْرَةَ فَقَالَ أَلاَ أُهْدِي لَكَ هَدِيَّةً سَمِعْتُهَا مِنَ النَّبِيِّ، صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقُلْتُ بَلَى، فَأَهْدِهَا لِي‏.‏ فَقَالَ سَأَلْنَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقُلْنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ كَيْفَ الصَّلاَةُ عَلَيْكُمْ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ عَلَّمَنَا كَيْفَ نُسَلِّمُ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ قُولُوا اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلyَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ، اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ، وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ ‏"‏‏.‏

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Newnas(m): 6:14am On Jul 28, 2017
Soheehul Bukhaare

Book of: Prophets

Chapter

Hadith no :3260

Narrated `Abdur-Rahman bin Abi Laila:

Ka`b bin Ujrah met me and said, "Shall I not give you a present I got from the Prophet?" `Abdur- Rahman said, "Yes, give it to me." I said, "We asked Allah''''s Apostle saying, ''''O Allah''''s Apostle! How should one (ask Allah to) send blessings on you, the members of the family, for Allah has taught us how to salute you (in the prayer)?'''' He said, ''''Say: O Allah! Send Your Mercy on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad, as You sent Your Mercy on Abraham and on the family of Abraham, for You are the Most Praise-worthy, the Most Glorious. O Allah! Send Your Blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You sent your Blessings on Abraham and on the family of Abraham, for You are the Most Praise-worthy, the Most Glorious.'''' "

2 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Newnas(m): 6:18am On Jul 28, 2017
Soheehul Bukhaari

Book of: Tafseer

"Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet. O you who believe! Call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him." (33:56)

Hadith no :4653

Narrated Ka`b bin Ujra:

It was said, "O Allah''''s Apostle! We know how to greet you, but how to invoke Allah for you?" The Prophet said, "Say: Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa''''ala `Ali Muhammaddin, kama sallaita ''''ala all Ibrahim, innaka Hamidun Majid."

2 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by inventor432(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2017
PBUH

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Ayaba03(f): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2017
Ma Sha Allah, barka juma'ah to my fellow brothers and sisters in Islam. Allahuma salli waselim alla sayyidina muhammad

4 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Dawdy(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2017
May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon The Noble Prophet.

3 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Browser69(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Sallah lah alayh wa sallam.

Alhamdulillah!

3 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Adaowerri111: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2017
What of virgins nkor

8 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Tyot50: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Buhari4dullard: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2017
Amazing when you consider the heading "39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad" and think undecided

In Islam moslems sending blessings on Muhammed, when they say Peace Be Upon Him.

In Christianity Jesus gives Christians peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.

Now when you think of it, muhammed should be blessing his followers, and NOT his followers blessing him.

So if Muhammed is in heaven, why does he need to be blessed by his followers ?
He should be in perfect peace if in heaven.

But if you check the quoran, Muhammed himself said he does not know his end;
If he does not know his own destination, what hope do his followers have

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

That might explain why he needs peace from his followers, he is not in heaven.

Now Jesus on the other hand went to heaven in the full view of His own followers

Acts 4:11
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

NOW QUIZ!

If Muhammed is not in heaven and you need to give him peace and there is Jesus who gives peace & in heaven; Are we not all better following Jesus?

Not forgetting that Jesus is alive while muhammed is dead undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2017
There is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ who is the truth and the life. He alone can give peace because He is the Prince of Peace and Mighty God.

9 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2017
Buhari4dullard:
Amazing when you consider the heading "39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad" and think undecided

In Islam moslems sending blessings on Muhammed, when they say Peace Be Upon Him.

In Christianity Jesus gives Christians peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.

Now when you think of it, muhammed should be blessing his followers, and NOT his followers blessing him.

So if Muhammed is in heaven, why does he need to be blessed by his followers ?
He should be in perfect peace if in heaven.

But if you check the quoran, Muhammed himself said he does not know his end;
If he does not know his own destination, what hope do his followers have

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

That might explain why he needs peace from his followers, he is not in heaven.

Now Jesus on the other hand went to heaven in the full view of His own followers

Acts 4:11
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

NOW QUIZ!

If Muhammed is not in heaven and you need to give him peace and there is Jesus who gives peace & in heaven; Are we not all better following Jesus?

Not forgetting that Jesus is alive while muhammed is dead undecided
Only the Prince of Peace can give peace and everlasting life. Because God loves the world that he gave His only Son. Anyone who believes in Him will not be condemned but have everlasting life.

7 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by bamdly(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2017
jfolorun:
There is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ who is the truth and the life. He alone can give peace because He is the Prince of Peace and Mighty God.
hm hm
aburo it seems u are lost
this thread is for Muslim
not for some Igbo jew
and if u are Yoruba
am ashamed of u
by the way Jesus is not our God
cause u just called him mighty God
ONLY ALLAH (SWT) is Muslim God
p.s big bro advice stop clicking Muslim thread on Friday

4 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by bamdly(m): 11:39am On Jul 28, 2017
jfolorun:

Only the Prince of Peace can give peace and everlasting life. Because God loves the world that he gave His only Son. Anyone who believes in Him will not be condemned but have everlasting life.

were eleyi Ogidi Gan

4 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 28, 2017
bamdly:

hm hm
aburo it seems u are lost
this thread is for Muslim
not for some Igbo jew
and if u are Yoruba
am ashamed of u
by the way Jesus is not our God
cause u just called him mighty God
ONLY ALLAH (SWT) is Muslim God
p.s big bro advice stop clicking Muslim thread on Friday
Son, it is not your fault that you were brought up in this way. Now you have the power to choose between everlasting life and everlasting condemnation before it is too late. Only Jesus Christ the Son of the living God can give you eternal life.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2017
bamdly:

were eleyi Ogidi Gan
Were loro Jesu loju awon to maa parun, sugbon fun awa ti a gbala, agbara Olorun ni. The message of Jesus is foolish to those who will perish. But for the saved, it's the power of God.

3 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by bamdly(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2017
jfolorun:

Son, it is not your fault that you were brought up in this way. Now you have the power to choose between everlasting life and everlasting condemnation before it is too late. Only Jesus Christ the Son of the living God can give you eternal life.
sebi u just said jesus is ya God why changing it to d son of God
abi u don't believe in ya God again
by d way am so busy pls don't quote me

2 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
bamdly:

sebi u just said jesus is ya God why changing it to d son of God
abi u don't believe in ya God again
by d way am so busy pls don't quote me
If you are busy, then no need to respond. It is my obligation to let you know the Truth and the Life because only the Truth can set you free. Take care bro. Peace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by bamdly(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
jfolorun:

Were loro Jesu loju awon to maa parun, sugbon fun awa ti a gbala, agbara Olorun ni. The message of Jesus is foolish to those who will perish. But for the saved, it's the power of God.
am not abusing Jesu cos i am a yoruba guy and i do respect ur jesus and u cant see me come into christian thread lyk u do
and if u dont respect my religion and u can face those abusive word coming at ya
well time to go and make money and u can drool in those religion stuff
keep wasting ya time and i am making money here
please dont quote me again cos i wont answer u

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by teniboss(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
SAW

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
bamdly:

am not abusing Jesu cos i am a yoruba guy and i do respect ur jesus and u cant see me come into christian thread lyk u do
and if u dont respect my religion and u can face those abusive word coming at ya
well time to go and make money and u can drool in those religion stuff
keep wasting ya time and i am making money here
please dont quote me again cos i wont answer u
Omo kaaro oojire. Sure I would never disrespect anyone based on what they believe in. After all, no one choose their religion before they were born. Everyone believes in what appears to them to be true. Therefore I respect you and other moslems. But it is my duty to ask you to believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God. As the giver of eternal life. You can choose to reject my offer and face eternal condemnation. Tomorrow maybe too late. Jesus loves you and I love you bro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6o9qWopa8

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Buhari4dullard: 12:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
jfolorun:

AMEN!
Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by chakula: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Good to read this nice article. May Allah the Exalted make us among the people that listen and practice the said du'a ameen

2 Likes

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by umu(m): 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM
Masha ALLAH
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRAN

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by CashZamani(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
chakula:
Good to read this nice article. May Allah the Exalted make us among the people that listen and practice the said du'a ameen

Ameen

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Newnas(m): 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
***modified***

For those xtians that are saying Muhammad alyhissolaat wassalaam needs peace so he should not be followed.

This is the weakest of proofs for their misguidance! Muhammad is not our deity.

Allah alone is our deity, and giving peace is one of his attributes.

We are not misguided people like you worshippers of a man like you whom you unanimously agree that he was once a corpse!!!

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Newnas(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
jfolorun:

If you are busy, then no need to respond. It is my obligation to let you know the Truth and the Life because only the Truth can set you free. Take care bro. Peace be unto you.

Christians will never ever be able to reconcile between their two biggest and contradictory lies:

#Jesus is God

#Jesus is son of God.

Only a completely dull slowpoke will follow a religion that can't clearly explain the basic and fundamental principle it's religion is built on.

Take Islam for instance: It is built upon bearing witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

Is there any complexity, contradiction or philosophy in it? Absolutely no!

One of the biggest signs of the truth is its clarity and simplicity. But complexity and confusion and contradiction, those are the biggest signs of lies, falsehood and misguidance.

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Newnas:

Christians will never ever be able to reconcile between their two biggest and contradictory lies:

#Jesus is God

#Jesus is son of God.

Only a completely dull slowpoke will follow a religion that can't clearly explain the basic and fundamental principle it's religion is built on.

Take Islam for instance: It is built upon bearing witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

Is there any complexity, contradiction or philosophy in it? Absolutely no!

One of the biggest signs of the truth is its clarity and simplicity. But complexity and confusion and contradiction, those are the biggest signs of lies, falsehood and misguidance.

Allah knows best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZU1Wyv0laA

(1) (Reply)

Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / Wealth: 10 Quranic Teaching / Singling Out A Day For Fasting On Prophet Muhammad Saw's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.