Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Power Of Technology - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Power Of Technology (504 Views)

Impact Of Technology On The Field Of Arts And Entertainment / Do Not Be Left Out In This Age Of Technology Make Money Been Online We Teach How / The Innovative Impact Of Technology On Retail Supply Chain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Of Technology by jdbellsjd(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
Workplace is changing and you have to change or be changed. For the past ten years Desgnlex have been doing business with spring of life international school through their contractor who gets the contract of producing and branding sportswear from the school and it ends up in our factory. I have always felt that this school must be a very large school because every year we print on more than a thousand t-shirts for them. We look forward to their business. You are sure they will come; and they always come …, until last year.
What happened? Recession! Inflation! So I thought.
This School felt they could not accommodate the additional cost of printing on their sportswear. How do you increase the price of sportswear when parents have not been able to pay school fees? Everybody likes monogram print, they are used to it, but how do you force parents to accommodate the increment in both the cost of producing the sport wear and the cost of monogramming. “Is there another print that we can use, something cheaper but still does the same function of branding?” They inquired from their contractor.
Luckily for the man, he had just brought in a digital printing machine from China; it prints on flex and if manipulated properly, can also print on t-shirts. And it is cheaper than monogram. Quickly he made samples for them. Initially they were worried about the movement from a threadlike print to an ink based print, it did not settle down well with them, but when the issue of prices was raised, they succumbed and accepted the new print.
That is how they lost the business, axed by a new technology, replaced with a new print. I was surprised that the school would choose this new print over monogram. Because, looking at it, it’s easy to see that it is not as sophisticated as monogram, but who cares? For the school, it helped them to save money and it also solved their cloth branding challenge, and for the company? It’s bad news; they just lost a major client after ten solid years of working for this school! Chai! So this is how easy it is to be replaced? Painful I must admit.
I guess that is how blackberry felt when you and I replaced them with Android and ios . So this is how infuriating it could be when a bank decides to use ATM machine to replace hundreds of its staff, just because they want to cut cost. I wonder how you will feel someday when you are replaced by an app, a new technology or a new Robot.
It is called death by disruption! It represents the biggest threat against your business or the work that you do.
As technology continues to invade every industry, the physical and digital are now coming together overlapping and blending into each other. So what does “digital” mean in terms of disruption?
It is the use or application of technology to change the way a customer buys, receives and uses a product or services. It’s not the technology that gets disrupted. It’s the business. It is the business model. Look at what Jumia and Konga are doing. They are busy changing the landscape of how we shop today. How you no longer need a retail space to rent and set up a super market. How a customer sits in the comfort of his home and buys anything online, sometimes at a cheaper rate.
It is not the technology that does the disruption, people do and there is no business that cannot be disrupted, as long as there is money in that business, it will be disrupted by someone, somewhere who wants to make money. The bait that a disruptor uses is to change the way “we’ve always done things, to reduce costs, to cut down on time and to take away any form of headache previously experienced by clients.
Banks are busy retrenching staff, not just because of recession, but also because they have found several ways of doing business cheaper, faster and less dependent on human labour.
As I write, I am wondering, whether people will take this serious. Will this post challenge you? Will it push you to re-examine what you do today and how you do it? In your job as a sales executive, in that fashion business, in that hair dressing salon, have you taken out time to re-examine how you serve your clients, is there a better way or a cheaper way to serve the market? If you haven’t thought about this, maybe you should because here is the reality...

You can either disrupt or be disrupted.
You can either do it, or it is going to be done to you.
It’s only a matter of time. And it might strike when you least expect it.
TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING THE GAME.

We're now in a *TECHNOLOGY BOOM!!!* ���
*This Boom will hit ABUJA this Saturday*
⏱Time: 10am
�Date: Saturday July 29th.
�Venue: ASK ME VIA WHATSAPP 08035427273
FREE RESERVATION AND FREE AIRTIME FOR ATTENDEES!
Join us in the City of Abuja to learn how you can better use technology to stay in business.
Be part of history...

https://www.facebook.com/MobileTechnologyPlatform/
Re: Power Of Technology by jdbellsjd(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
The information we are going to be sharing is designed to build you and open you the 21ST-century business and it has the capacity to empower you if you handle the information and use it the right way. This information revolves around mobile technology, Human daily activities, bill payment and how we can start leveraging on our daily activities that revolve around bill payment to create another source of extra income using a proven business model.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO KNOW MORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKErTmS8SiQ
Re: Power Of Technology by jdbellsjd(m): 12:45am On Aug 29, 2017
It is a know fact that almost everyone is addicted to their phone, and most people would rather have an empty stomach that a phone without data and airtime. What if we could show you a way to have a phone full of data and airtime, and a bank account full of money to finance your desired lifestyle, and all you need is your mobile phone, would you like to know how?
*Earn up to $1000 daily
*Partner with over 600 mobile tech companies
*Access over 2000 daily services with daily income up to 5000 daily
*Enjoy unlimited Airtime
*Make money every time you spend money
*Full support for business setup and establishment etc.
For details contact +2348035427273, also available on WhatsApp.
jdbellsjd:
The information we are going to be sharing is designed to build you and open you the 21ST-century business and it has the capacity to empower you if you handle the information and use it the right way. This information revolves around mobile technology, Human daily activities, bill payment and how we can start leveraging on our daily activities that revolve around bill payment to create another source of extra income using a proven business model.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO KNOW MORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKErTmS8SiQ
Re: Power Of Technology by jdbellsjd(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2017
Technology is taking over the business of the world right now.

The Technology industry continues to thrive even the face of the ongoing global recession.

The richest people in the world enjoy a lot of leverage by participating in the Telecoms/Mobile Technology industry one way or the other.

Now the opportunity is here to get ahead with this NEW Technology/Telecommunication business model. The door is wide open for you to take advantage of it..
Don’t be left behind!

Be part of this business exposure in the City of Owerri, and See how you can be part of Global movement in the Technology age.

For details Call or Chat me up on WhatsApp for the address (08035427273)
Entry is free but strictly by invitation....

Re: Power Of Technology by jdbellsjd(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
So many people heard about TSTV, and we are happy it is launching soon, do you know that it has already been in the works long before now? and the idea was sold to so many people at the early stage, but most people referred to it as a scam, unbelievable etc, but today the story is no longer the same, while so many people are happy to be just users (customers), some people are happy they became partners with this company when others couldn't recognise the opportunity. As people as you use TSTV as a customer, TSTV partners will be making money because they have invested in a system. That is what I call insight, seeing with your mind, another company have come up with a system that pays you daily, for each service you use on your phone, which includes; buying airtime, data, bill payments etc, in affiliation with 600 network service providers, 57000 merchant services, available in 140+ countries, all these leverage give its partners opportunity to earn for life as you and others recharge and pay bills on the platform. Its opening its market to Nigeria ( first movers advantage ), if you were able to acquire a system that pays you when people in your State use any of those services mentioned above, how will you feel?

Click the link below for more details

http://theelitesuccess.com/piuni-business-model/

For serious partners only , we are claiming 1% of the telecoms market in the next 3years , for now that's about $690million revenue per month sure to increase with the rate of technology expansion, we are sharing 90% of that with our partners for life, so pls its serious business.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A 2gb Ddr3 Laptop Ram My Budget Is 2k Lagos Only / ... / Cheap Fairly Used Inverters For Sale With Free Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.