Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes (68324 Views)

Man Banished For Impregnating Daughter Twice In Anambra (photos) / Man & Son Sleep With Daughter In Imo, Impregnate Her, Get Banished (Photos) / Man banished for stealing joystick in Kogi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by dainformant(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
Here's the latest update on the 70-year-old widow who was paraded and banished from her Afikpo native for sleeping with her boyfriend on her matrimonial bed. The widow identified as one Mrs Maria Okoh who hails from Amauzzu Nkpoghoro village in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State was on Tuesday, July 18, banished from the community over alleged sex scandal.

The accused was also paraded in the market shortly after being caught by her grand daughter having sex with her younger lover on her late husband’s bed.

Read the update Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi, a member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly

Parading of people unacceptable - Essa Ehugbo.

The member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi (Afikpo Chic), on the 22nd July 2017, complained to Essa Traditional Council of Ehugho, the highest decision making body in Ehugbo (Afikpo), about a 70 year old widow, accused of sleeping with a man in her late husband’s home at Amuzu Nkpogoro, Afikpo, and paraded with the man round the villages; with youths chanting disgraceful songs behind them, thereby creating a scene which attracted condemnation from several quarters, describing such as obnoxious, uncivilized, and other adjectives.

Following the report, the Ekpuke Essa Traditional ruling body on 26 July 2017 at Ulubi Eke Ehugbo deliberated on the matter and stated that the normal thing as Ehugbo tradition demands is that the culprit is liable to atone her misdeed with a goat. The above process, the Essa said is the tradition and not the dehumanising act of parading the culprit. They also advised widows cannot hold themselves, they should re- marry or alternatively pack out from their late husband house.

[i]THE VERDICT IS: No community should parade anyone again and if they ever do, they would be fined N100,000 and another fine of N5000 will be given again to every one in the community who allowed such act. They stated the act of the said community is not acceptable. They frowned at the bad public image the incident gave the town of Afikpo.

PHOTO: On the 22nd of July 2017, when Essa Ehugbo paid me a visit. I tabled up the matter above to them; so they can deliberate on it and give us an official pronouncement on it. Their official stance above will forestall such event from taking place in the future.

Dear media house that contacted me for statement on the matter, I am sorry that I could not make any statement concerning the issue until I consult my people and ascertain the facts and the way forward. And here you have it. The highest ruling body in my land has spoken, and it's final. - Nwanyi Afikpo

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/update-70-year-old-woman-banished-community-sleeping-younger-lover.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by dainformant(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nigerians can be funny sha

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Parading them in the market place is simply dehumanising, barbaric, archaic and uncalled for. She is a widow......
So according to the culture, her normal price to atone with is a goat (e be like say goat meat pepper-soup don dey hungry d elders of the village!)
But atleast that would have been better than the public disgrace!
A young able-bodied young man with more than the required 6 packs for that matter, he's got 8 packs!!

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by DLondonboiy: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
This woman is a widow who probably has not fukced for more than 30years..what exactly is her offence? Fukcing in her late husband's matrimonial bed? Or fukcing?

And it's her grandchild that reported o. So if I see my grandmum enjoying herself, I'd go and report to village elders? I dey mad?

Maybe I don't really understand the story sha

188 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by NIGHTMAREOO7: 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hmm
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
You assembled those hungry chiefs in your house to a pass new law in the community? What happened to Eze's palace?

Attention Seeking American Olosho..

15 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
DLondonboiy:
This woman is a widow who probably has not fukced for more than 30years..what exactly is her offence? Fukcing in her late husband's matrimonial bed? Or fukcing?

And it's her grandchild that reported o. So if I see my grandmum enjoying herself, I'd go and report to village elders? I dey mad?

Maybe I don't really understand the story sha
LondonBoy, that is exactly what transpired o!
Imagine the kinda mentality some people have!
She committed no crime as far as the story goes!

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by newbornmacho(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
How many of those in that crowd shouting " crucify them" are without sin Their behaviour is totally gut wrenching and should be condemned in totality. God have mercy.

23 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
All these village people with their mumu traditions.
Old woman cannot enjoy young preek in peace again angry

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by kn23h(m): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
Only Yorubas can save Ibo people from their backwardness.

Wetin concern una if old mama youngie wan lick young blokos?

Miserable people won't let the woman rest.

You need another Ajayi Crowther, a Yoruba man, to save you from going back to the Biafran days of underdevelopment. When we give you Biafra, we will govern you for 50 years to make sure you don't cause your own genocide.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
The woman hasn't even committed any crime. Like WTF?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
This is inhuman and anyone who partook in this injustice needs to be sued. What's wrong with having a young lover? Or was it the bed that sprang up the dark side of man? This woman is one whose heart of love is beyond the world, and her biological being needed satisfaction like every other human.. Prove me wrong that these chiefs haven't slept with numerous young maidians in the village? Prove me wrong.. If I am a God, I will sink that village to the ground.

20 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by AmoryBlacq: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
this is so demeaning!

12 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Holuwahyomzzy: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
Omo see eight packs wey that man get oo grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Flashh: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
I don't know what the fuss is all about.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by MiaB(f): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
lofty900:
she's better than you by far
comparing a baby to a dog ?
shame on you

3 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by freshmimi: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
.I reserve my comment cry embarassed

And they still ask her to hold the guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! How won't the love multiply, when they are suffering for each other through good and bad times lipsrsealed

undecided This is LOVE!

cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Alexis11: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Igbos are largely uncivilized.

The few " so called educated ones" are noise makers.

The drama was very unnecessary. cry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by DeRay98(m): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
If this had happened in Edo, Igbos will shout "Benin witch".
Yeye people.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by djemillionia: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Hadone(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
The story is much exaggerated to frame the old woman to sound guilty. But which late husband's bed? The man died 30 years ago and as his wife, she inherited the bed in question. She's the LEGAL owner of the bed NOT a so called late husband. Why didn't you people bury him with the bed if he truly owns it?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by auntysimbiat(f): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
OK DEN
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Silentscreamer(f): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
nigerians with their perversions. Why parade an elderly woman?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by austin2all: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
The guy get mind die.
Of all the pussies in this whole wide world.
Kai.

3 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by cy4cent(f): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nice one.

At least this will forestall any future barbaric and dehumanizing act in that community. These people should grow up already.

Politicians that should be given such treatments for embezzling their resources are hailed, and they are taking this issue that has no way of contributing to their lives with all seriousness.

If a man had done this same act he would have been hailed as a sharp man.
Nigerians always slut shaming women.

14 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Silentscreamer(f): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by alphasperm(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
j
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by omoadeleye(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
The guy get six packs oo
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Omoluabi16(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
I like this Afikpo chic, honourable Maria ude. She is truly an amazing person and has helped so many of her indigenes. shes the BCEL smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by oglalasioux(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
Oh!

Sanity at last!

Afikpo Chic will make a good president.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrorist Don Waney Finally Gunned Down By Nigerian Army (Graphic Photos) / Man Kills His Boss In Lekki, Steals Her Money & Phone, See Where He Was Caught(p / Rival Cult Groups Clash In Calabar, Many Killed (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.