Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes (68325 Views)

Man Banished For Impregnating Daughter Twice In Anambra (photos) / Man & Son Sleep With Daughter In Imo, Impregnate Her, Get Banished (Photos) / Man banished for stealing joystick in Kogi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Omoluabi16(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
You assembled those hungry chiefs in your house to a pass new law in the community? What happened to Eze's palace?

Attention Seeking American Olosho..
she's a changed person now.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by jaymdee(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Chai. Those people worry o. Make you travel go see where oyibo dey kick man comot for house if dem get small issue then d woman go bring man come the House that same night sef.

This widow issue, na poverty cause am. If the Mama dey one ogbonge mansion with A.C. chilling make the bf dey nack am, the grand pikin no go get mind report am.

4 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by yhemster(m): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ebonyi peeps just don't want to get civilised like the other Igbos. grin

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by PenSniper: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Alexis11:
Igbos are largely uncivilized.

The few " so called educated ones" are noise makers.

The drama was very unnecessary. cry

That's why they generally misbehave everywhere they go. They do not know any better.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by aziaka111(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
wat a stupid country we are,.

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Amarabae(f): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
What a humiliation for the widow.
She needs help, she should leave the village and move to a city to change environment.
If not, the thought of the humiliation may affect her negatively healthwise.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by cao(f): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
What kind of backwater nonsense is this? All those people that were parading her, let's look at the skeletons in their closets...

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by PenSniper: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Very babaric and archaic. Such 17th century primitive act can happen only in igboland. And the so-called village elders who should know better are even worse by demanding a goat. Hungry people.
Elders indeed.

4 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by MissRaine69(f): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hypocrites & small minds:If it was a widower caught doing the same thing would the parade him naked?
Husband is dead it's not like she is cheating on him. Matrimonial bed? Former matrimonial bed her status is that of widow.
She has needs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by bmxshop: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
You assembled those hungry chiefs in your house to a pass new law in the community? What happened to Eze's palace?

Wetin this woman do you?
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by MissRaine69(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
cao:
What kind of backwater nonsense is this? All those people that were parading her, let's look at the skeletons in their closets...
Tell me about it! She is a widow how is that remotely scandalous?

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by LexngtonSteele: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
This 30 year old guy Sef.

I can bet he is

1. unemployed

2. Hyper h0rny

3. eating free food and maybe getting some cash alongside

Because I don't just get the allure of banging a woman decades beyond menopause.

Grand ma...keep on rocking abeg.

One advantage for the young man - Condomless sex wink
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by cao(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
Alexis11:
Igbos are largely uncivilized.

The few " so called educated ones" are noise makers.

The drama was very unnecessary. cry
I didn't know they made you their official spokesperson. Apparently, some of us lost our invitation during the noise making.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by MissRaine69(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
aziaka111:
wat a stupid country we are,.
You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Olembey: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
This clearly brings to the fore the story of the adulterous woman in the Bible.

Jesus looked at them, then bent down and wrote
" He without sin, let him cast the first stone"....... They all disappeared!
We don't just learn.... Condemnable act, yes! But are we to judge?? Not that we are better off
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by joepentwo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
D grand daughter shud b flog.
Jesus Christ bears all d condemnation, no man deserve it agen.
Shaa!

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Sence fall on dem
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
MiaB:
comparing a baby to a dog ?
shame on you
shame on you too. Who's the baby
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by DaminaboEricOgo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2017
dainformant:
Here's the latest update on the 70-year-old widow who was paraded and banished from her Afikpo native for sleeping with her boyfriend on her matrimonial bed. The widow identified as one Mrs Maria Okoh who hails from Amauzzu Nkpoghoro village in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State was on Tuesday, July 18, banished from the community over alleged sex scandal.

The accused was also paraded in the market shortly after being caught by her grand daughter having sex with her younger lover on her late husband’s bed.

Read the update Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi, a member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly

Parading of people unacceptable - Essa Ehugbo.

The member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi (Afikpo Chic), on the 22nd July 2017, complained to Essa Traditional Council of Ehugho, the highest decision making body in Ehugbo (Afikpo), about a 70 year old widow, accused of sleeping with a man in her late husband’s home at Amuzu Nkpogoro, Afikpo, and paraded with the man round the villages; with youths chanting disgraceful songs behind them, thereby creating a scene which attracted condemnation from several quarters, describing such as obnoxious, uncivilized, and other adjectives.

Following the report, the Ekpuke Essa Traditional ruling body on 26 July 2017 at Ulubi Eke Ehugbo deliberated on the matter and stated that the normal thing as Ehugbo tradition demands is that the culprit is liable to atone her misdeed with a goat. The above process, the Essa said is the tradition and not the dehumanising act of parading the culprit. They also advised widows cannot hold themselves, they should re- marry or alternatively pack out from their late husband house.

[i]THE VERDICT IS: No community should parade anyone again and if they ever do, they would be fined N100,000 and another fine of N5000 will be given again to every one in the community who allowed such act. They stated the act of the said community is not acceptable. They frowned at the bad public image the incident gave the town of Afikpo.

PHOTO: On the 22nd of July 2017, when Essa Ehugbo paid me a visit. I tabled up the matter above to them; so they can deliberate on it and give us an official pronouncement on it. Their official stance above will forestall such event from taking place in the future.

Dear media house that contacted me for statement on the matter, I am sorry that I could not make any statement concerning the issue until I consult my people and ascertain the facts and the way forward. And here you have it. The highest ruling body in my land has spoken, and it's final. - Nwanyi Afikpo

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/update-70-year-old-woman-banished-community-sleeping-younger-lover.html

lol
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by KingGBsky(m): 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
70 year old woman with lover... Ebony people I hail una oo.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by westlife79(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
modelmike7:
Parading them in the market place is simply dehumanising, barbaric, archaic and uncalled for. She is a widow......
So according to the culture, her normal price to atone with is a goat (e be like say goat meat pepper-soup don dey hungry d elders of the village!)
But atleast that would have been better than the public disgrace!
Not surprising people from the SE/ SS are not civilized, why do you think kanu is able to get to them?
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Tensionstar(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
on d contrary i think its a crime (a moral one) it not a good thing to have sex with a wrong person at d wrongest place for that mata and to be seen by d wrongst pernson. ur own grandchild....at 70 haba...what a mentor for d grandchildrn and d younga generatn
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by eunisam: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

You do not understand the system of government of Afikpo people. I would have enlightened you but no time
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by nkemdi89(f): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Maybe the granddaughter was eyeing the man too, or the man get special package and she has benefitted from it before and was too jealous to share, bottom line women are enemies to themselves, besides that grandma looks 50.

3 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by cococandy(f): 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nigerian misogyny is second to none
Husband that died 30 years ago?
Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by YelloweWest: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
She should pack out of the house she spent her life time building before a wido8can date... cry
African culture is so misogynistic. God forbid

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by YelloweWest: 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
cococandy:
Nigerian misogyny is second to none
Husband that died 30 years ago?
Tufiakwa

It's almost a curse to be born and African woman!

3 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by YelloweWest: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Olembey:
This clearly brings to the fore the story of the adulterous woman in the Bible.

Jesus looked at them, then bent down and wrote
" He without sin, let him cast the first stone"....... They all disappeared!
We don't just learn.... Condemnable act, yes! But are we to judge?? Not that we are better off
Pls don't compare this woman to the adulterous woman in the bible!
This woman did absolutely NOTHING WRONG!!
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by authority2006(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
I'm trying to imagine what my dear brothers and sisters from the East would be typing and posting on nairaland by now if this had happened in the North. You would have seen different names calling by now. Shame.

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by YelloweWest: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Holuwahyomzzy:
Omo see eight packs wey that man get oo grin grin
The mamalet won enjoy herself peacefully idiot granddaughter no gree her angry

If I'm the woman the kin curse I go lay for her head ehh angry
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by joe4real12: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
modelmike7:
Parading them in the market place is simply dehumanising, barbaric, archaic and uncalled for. She is a widow......
So according to the culture, her normal price to atone with is a goat (e be like say goat meat pepper-soup don dey hungry d elders of the village!)
But atleast that would have been better than the public disgrace!
A young able-bodied young man with more than the required 6 packs for that matter, he's got 8 packs!!
I'm just imagining 8-packs guy on a seventy-year old widow. grin
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Alphacom(f): 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
But wait oh, before we go ahead to judge the Ibo's and the Ebonyi people, are we now saying bad thing has become a good thing. Pls for God's sake let us not legalize sin and paint it white. They both sinned against God and man - the land, so they needed to be punished in one way or the other, not necessarily parading anyway but to let others desist from it. For the grand daughter to see that and go and report means she knows it is a bad thing. That she is a widow does not give her license to do that unless they are legally married which obvious they are not. Some of you made reference to the adulterous woman in the bible. Taking the woman to Jesus, you think it wasn't shameful for the woman. Didn't they walk through the roads and market square. Jesus did not clap for her or encouraged her. He forgave her SIN and told her to go and sin no more. Pls let's call a spade a spade and stop supporting evil. Remember God is watching- even our internet postings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills His Boss In Lekki, Steals Her Money & Phone, See Where He Was Caught(p / Terrorist Don Waney Finally Gunned Down By Nigerian Army (Graphic Photos) / Rival Cult Groups Clash In Calabar, Many Killed (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.