Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Self Style Or Standard? A Case Study Of Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University,l - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Self Style Or Standard? A Case Study Of Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University,l (282 Views)

Apply Now For Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai Recruitment – 2017 / Thread For Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai (i.b.b.u.l). / The Decay In Nigeria's Public Educational System; A Case Study Of UniAbuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Self Style Or Standard? A Case Study Of Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University,l by mytrustee1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
The IBB University Lapai is amongst of the fast growing state universities in the country. Located in Niger State, about 60-70km away from the state capital.

A visit to the school school today gave me reasons to ask so many questions after my interactions with some
' agrieved' undergraduate students who were complaining about imposed project topics that must be researched.

At first I felt the school possibly rephrased the topics which perhaps didn't go down well with those who might had got ' a follow come project' grin waiting somewhere.

However, I was made to understand that they had submitted three proposed project topics in which they were asked to write a proposal on one which in the real sense is the approved topic amongst the three earlier submitted.

I was so shocked to hear that the earlier proposal doesn't count. And the worst of it, the project topics are more of a PhD level as confirmed by prominent researcher in that same university. The worst hit are the English students as most were lamenting as they were going in for their exams.

From my little knowledge. ..
# Project proposals are written after project topic has been approved.

#Project topics can be rephrased or completely changed before approval and before subsequent proposal is written

#Project topics should be in line with the course studied and passion of the researcher and not a self imposed topic that are more or less tools for the the PhD students to claim credit for in their theses.

#It is not normal to force students write proposal on unapproved topics only to bring a different one from no where as a new topic.

PLEASE THE NECESSARY BODIES SHOULD CHECK THE STYLE OF THAT UNIVERSITY IN TERMS OF PROJECT TOPICS AND APPROVAL.

Please pardon my typos. ..I just want the necessary bodies to step in before the school goes on holiday after their second semester exams that's on at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Form Is Out – 2017/2018) / Effecting Promotional Strategies For Operations Of Hair Dressing Saloon In Enugu / Unn Students Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.