Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate (1696 Views)

Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / An Estate For Sale In Port-harcourt, Rivers State, C Of O Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 0b100100111: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
Can someone please share with me the cons of leaving in an estate.

Thanks in advance

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by delishpot: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
In my opinion you would have a lot of maintenance fees to pay

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 4kings: 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
delishpot:
Ya, this should be the major disadvantage.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 0b100100111: 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
delishpot:

Thanks!

Outside that, could there be more cons
Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 0b100100111: 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
4kings:

Ya, this should be the major disadvantage.

Re u talking from experience? If thats the major disadvantage, I did say its cool.

Thanks!
Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 4kings: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
0b100100111:

Re u talking from experience? If thats the major disadvantage, I did say its cool.

Thanks!
Na not personal experience just knowledge.
Service fee in 1004 estate for example is around N300k per annum, other than that you enjoy serenity.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by delishpot: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
0b100100111:

Thanks!

Outside that, could there be more cons
You may be subject to rules and regulations governing tenants. You don't have a choice for who would be your neighbour. There are more people going in and out of the compound aka strangers. Some difficulty in making changes the way you want in the compound as you must get everyone to agree with your ideas. No privacy like you get from living in your own land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by delishpot: 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
4kings:

Na not personal experience just knowledge.
Service fee in 1004 estate for example is around N300k per annum, other than that you enjoy serenity.

That price is quite okay depending on what the fee covers.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 4kings: 12:02am On Jul 29, 2017
delishpot:

That price is quite okay depending on what the fee covers.
Ya though, that's the only con i could think of.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by delishpot: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2017
4kings:

Ya though, that's the only con i could think of.

Yeah, it's not all that bad. Privacy is another major issue too.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 4kings: 12:07am On Jul 29, 2017
delishpot:

Yeah, it's not all that bad. Privacy is another major issue too.
yep.. depending on the location it(privacy) might not really matter.
The "choosing your neighbor" point is kinda funny grin
Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by delishpot: 12:14am On Jul 29, 2017
4kings:

ABI Na hahaha person no fit choose them o. But if privacy is not an issue then it is good. I know some states allow for detached buildings where owners can fence off their own homes. Not a bad idea at all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by AreaFada2: 12:37am On Jul 29, 2017
Depending on the calibre of the estate & management, maintenance of the estate might be sub-par. And they do it at their leisure. Even after people have paid for it. E.g. drainage to avoid flooding. Privates estates o.

I have seen such cases on you-tube with landlord association people complaining. Around Lekki/Ajah axis.

With time, many government estates simply become dilapidated. Just see Festac & all those Gowon Estate & co.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 29, 2017
4kings:

Bro, the posts you've been sharing have been on point grin grin wink lol keep sending me good stuff

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Living In An Estate by 0b100100111: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2017
AreaFada2:
Depending on the calibre of the estate & management, maintenance of the estate might be sub-par. And they do it at their leisure. Even after people have paid for it. E.g. drainage to avoid flooding. Privates estates o.

I have seen such cases on you-tube with landlord association people complaining. Around Lekki/Ajah axis.

With time, many government estates simply become dilapidated. Just see Festac & all those Gowon Estate & co.

Thanks for the insight

(1) (Reply)

Royalflex Estate Phase 3, Ibeju Lekki. N600k. BUY 6 Plots Get 1 Plot FREE. / Land For Sale / BUY 5 AND GET 1 FREE....OCEAN VIEW ESTATE IBEJU LEKKI 1.2m PER PLOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.