Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. (3953 Views)

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / How My Sim Card Got Fried By A Modem I Bought �� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2017
Please kindly help me with solution to this problem.
About 4days ago, my phone SIM network bars just disappeared just like that. The phone didn't fall neither did any thing hit the phone. I removed the SIM cards and reinserted them back yet the signals didn't come up. I rebooted the phone, removed and reinserted the sims back again, the SIM 2 signal came up but when I tried making a call, it showed "radio off" and the signall disappeared.

The next day, the signals suddenly reappeared and remained till last night when they disappeared again.

When I switch it on in 'dual SIM settings" via settings menu, it automatically switches off.

Please what could be the problem? What is the possible solution?

I borrowed a phone to access my nairaland account that's how I was able to create this thread.

Thank you.

Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2017
That's what happens when you settle for cheap - you eventually end up spendin' the cost of quality on repairs.

All you Infinix, Tecno, Huawei, Gionee, Itel gang...
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by banjicom(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2017
ShyCypher:
That's what happens when you settle for cheap - you eventually end up spendin' the cost of quality on repairs.

is that your solution to the answer
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nebuchadnezar: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2017
corrupt baseband

where's your location?

i can help you
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2017
banjicom:

is that your solution to the answer

Yep.
A long-term solution. Buy quality.
Simple.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by banjicom(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

Yep.

A long-term solution. Buy quality.

Simple.

But it doesn't matter now, even quality phones sometimes develop unpredictable faulty and issues

buying phones dis days is just a matter of luck and the way you use them.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2017
banjicom:

But it doesn't matter now, even quality phones sometimes develop unpredictable faulty and issues

Quality phones take longer by which time you would have changed phones sef.

With these Tecno, Infinix & co, after one year, you are on your own.

Samsungs, Sony Xperias & Iphones keep going for 3years+

Ask yourself: Why don't they sell UK used Infinixes & Tecnos in d market?
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by sorextee(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2017
Are the Sims a cut one?
Try inserting an original micro sim inside..
I just have the feeling its a sim issue. Ive attended to customers with such problems (not GIONEE phone sha). After I swap their line, the problem is solved..

But someone above said BASEBAND. I never hear dat one before sha.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

So you call Gionee M5 a cheap phone? You must be a zillionaire then.

2 Likes

Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
corrupt baseband

where's your location?

i can help you

I'm in Abuja.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nebuchadnezar: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
cynhamscakes:

I'm in Abuja.

unfortunately am in the east cool
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
sorextee:
Are the Sims a cut one?
Try inserting an original micro sim inside..
I just have the feeling its a sim issue. Ive attended to customers with such problems (not GIONEE phone sha). After I swap their line, the problem is solved..

But someone above said BASEBAND. I never hear dat one before sha.

You mean the tiny micro sim that comes like that without need to cut it?

The two Sims were both cut. They are working perfectly well in another phone.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:

unfortunately am in the east cool

Can you please give me an idea of what the solution is? Will the phone be opened?

It's still under warranty though.

1 Like

Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
banjicom:

Bros that one na lie. Tell me ONE top end phone that "even quality phones sometimes develop unpredictable faulty and issues".

I'm waiting...
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
cynhamscakes:

So you call Gionee M5 a cheap phone? You must be a zillionaire then.

So the Gionee is an expensive phone?
Wowzers.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

So the Gionee is an expensive phone?

Wowzers.

Please rest with your expensive phone talks. You didn't even render any help.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by sorextee(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yes. U know Sims now come in three sizes(in one). The regular. Micro and nano. So u remove the size that fits ur fone. Those who cut their Sims with that machine dat looks like a stapler, in the long run, the sim malfunctions. It will stop working in ur fone. But work in anoda, or stop on both. Another problem is fluctuation. The 4G network might not work. This is cos theyve cut some part of the sim panel away.

So the best option is to use d original sim size.
Let the op put his sim in anoda fone and put an original
Micro sim in his/her GIONEE lets see whats up.

cynhamscakes:

You mean the tiny micro sim that comes like that without need to cut it?

The two Sims were both cut. They are working perfectly well in another phone.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nebuchadnezar: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
cynhamscakes:

Can you please give me an idea of what the solution is? Will the phone be opened?

It's still under warranty though.
Nope it's a software problem

first flash Indian firmware and report back
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
cynhamscakes:

Please rest with your expensive phone talks. You didn't even render any help.

Throw the phone away.

The money you spent in purchasing it would have got you a UK used iphone 5s or Samsung S6 or any water resistant Xperia which would last u more than 2 years without any repairs...

Learn
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
What are the odds that even after fixing this issue, it wont return again?
Throw the phone inside the lagoon.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
sorextee:
Yes. U know Sims now come in three sizes(in one). The regular. Micro and nano. So u remove the size that fits ur fone. Those who cut their Sims with that machine dat looks like a stapler, in the long run, the sim malfunctions. It will stop working in ur fone. But work in anoda, or stop on both. Another problem is fluctuation. The 4G network might not work. This is cos theyve cut some part of the sim panel away.

So the best option is to use d original sim size.
Let the op put his sim in anoda fone and put an original
Micro sim in his/her GIONEE lets see whats up.

Okay, I will try this and see how it goes.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by banjicom(m): 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

Bros that one na lie. Tell me ONE top end phone that "even quality phones sometimes develop unpredictable faulty and issues".

I'm waiting...

Bros u are funny o, so u mean to tell me that buying a Samsung phone of 150k automatically guarantees dat u will use it for the next six months.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by JoyceChidera(f): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

what nonsense are you talking abt?? DAT Gionee M5 is "Settling For Cheap"?? Do you even know how much itbis in d market??

It is one of the phones in the World now with Long-Lasting Battery of 6020 mAH....

Stop talking trash

3 Likes

Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 30, 2017
banjicom:

Bros u are funny o, so u mean to tell me that buying a Samsung phone of 150k automatically guarantees dat u will use it for the next six months.

Yes.

As long as you don't intentionally drop it in your bathtub or smash its screen with a stone, it will last more than 4 years sef...
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 30, 2017
JoyceChidera:

what nonsense are you talking abt?? DAT Gionee M5 is "Settling For Cheap"?? Do you even know how much itbis in d market??

It is one of the phones in the World now with Long-Lasting Battery of 6020 mAH....

Stop talking trash

How much is the Gionee M5 abeg?

And having a long lasting battery doesn't guarantee quality. Its the materials used in manufacturing that matters. Ask yourself if your Gionee's battery life is still d same as when you first bought it (or lie to yourself).

Tecnos, Infinixes, Gionees, Itels et al hardwares are all produced using inferior materials. That's why their screens don't work after the first fall, that's why their battery lives drop significantly after one year...

Heck, that's why OP's network disappeared for no apparent reason! The last time i heard such was back in the Sagem/Sendo X days...
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cursedAbiola(f): 7:18am On Jul 30, 2017
[s]
ShyCypher:

How much is the Gionee M5 abeg?

And having a long lasting battery doesn't guarantee quality. Its the materials used in manufacturing that matters. Ask yourself if your Gionee's battery life is still d same as when you first bought it (or lie to yourself).

Tecnos, Infinixes, Gionees, Itels et al hardwares are all produced using inferior materials. That's why their screens don't work after the first fall, that's why their battery lives drop significantly after one year...

Heck, that's why OP's network disappeared for no apparent reason! The last time i heard such was back in the Sagem/Sendo X days...
[/s]
my guy shatap and mind your godam business

3 Likes

Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Gionee m5 is top-notch!
I've been using mine over a year WITHOUT DEPRECIATION/FAULT!
Gionee ain't in same class as tecno/itel/infinix!!!
....for d records, gionee m2017 is another flagship that sells for over #400,000!
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by henrixx(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
ShyCypher:

guy you lousy too much.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
hahhahahha

Tecno gang wan kill me... moh na go buy better fone jare.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by encryptjay(m): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
cynhamscakes:
Please kindly help me with solution to this problem.
About 4days ago, my phone SIM network bars just disappeared just like that. The phone didn't fall neither did any thing hit the phone. I removed the SIM cards and reinserted them back yet the signals didn't come up. I rebooted the phone, removed and reinserted the sims back again, the SIM 2 signal came up but when I tried making a call, it showed "radio off" and the signall disappeared.

The next day, the signals suddenly reappeared and remained till last night when they disappeared again.

When I switch it on in 'dual SIM settings" via settings menu, it automatically switches off.

Please what could be the problem? What is the possible solution?

I borrowed a phone to access my nairaland account that's how I was able to create this thread.

Thank you.
Dial *#06# and check if your IMEI numbers for both sims are displaying.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
encryptjay:

Dial *#06# and check if your IMEI numbers for both sims are displaying.

Yes, they are showing very well. I'm also using the phones wifi to browse now (via hot-spot from another phone)
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
Nope it's a software problem

first flash Indian firmware and report back

How will i do this please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno W3 Screen Malfunction / How To accumulate mtn game ➕ mb to 1.5gb free / Mtn Committed A Blunder! Everybody Get In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.