Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,517 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang (21669 Views)

Teebillz: Tiwa Savage Is My Wife, Not My Baby Mama / Tiwa Savage Is Hot On Stage, Dazzles In Black (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Makes History As First African Female Artiste To Sell Out Indigo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by ebusfav: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2017
South Africa's celebrity OAP and rapper AKA's girlfriend Bonang Matheba, in a recent interview she granted called on the Nigerian entertainment industry to quickly tie the loose ends on their regard for female creatives.

Bonang insisted that her country celebrates female entertainers more than Nigeria, which to her mind, has bigger clout and should therefore set good examples.

Here's what she said;

“Tiwa Savage is the only popular female voice in Nigeria that is greatly celebrated, while the rest of the country honours and recognises men more. This is an area of observation that can be more elevated"

"Our [South Africa’s] industry is far much kinder to our female counterparts and genuinely celebrates them and allows them to shine."

http://www.lailasblog.com/tiwa-savage-female-artiste-celebrated-nigeria-bonang/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by nextprince: 11:04am On Jul 29, 2017
Very true.

19 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by midehi2(f): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2017
Yea

4 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Lattop(m): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2017
She's making a Point

8 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by taylor88(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2017
A.K.A fall my hand

so after such handsomeness he settled for this ugly thing

tufiakwa

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by smartty68(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2017
Obviously!

3 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by taylor88(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2017
midehi2:
Yea

which one be yea

preek dey inside ur V?

18 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by robosky02(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2017
midehi2:
Yea

na so
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Ehiscotch(m): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2017
Celebrate as how?

All these yeye feminism.

So we should celebrate them just because they are females ?

Nigerians just want to vibe to a song they like regardless of the gender of the artiste.

Besides we have Yemi alade, Simi and so many others.

I can't even think of one SA female musician .

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by ednited(f): 11:28am On Jul 29, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Celebrate as how?

All these yeye feminism.

So we should celebrate them just because they are females ?

Nigerians just want to vibe to a song they like regardless of the gender of the artiste.

Besides we have Yemi alade, Simi and so many others.

I can't even think of one SA female musician .

I love Yemi but am from ET lol

5 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Ehiscotch(m): 11:30am On Jul 29, 2017
ednited:

I love Yemi but am from ET lol
Currently in ET or you reside in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by ednited(f): 11:30am On Jul 29, 2017
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by ednited(f): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Currently in ET or you reside in Nigeria?
Ethiopian living in ET

7 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Ehiscotch(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2017
ednited:

Ethiopian living in ET
So you guys listen to Nigerian songs over there or its just you and a few?

1 Like

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by ednited(f): 11:38am On Jul 29, 2017
Ehiscotch:

So you guys listen to Nigerian songs over there or its just you and a few?

Many here do.

15,000 ppl entered in Davido's concert here in Addis

I hear every African song tho

14 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by midehi2(f): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2017
taylor88:

which one be yea

preek dey inside ur V?
hehehe! choi!

for that I dont say yea, i say ....... tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by midehi2(f): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2017
robosky02:

na so
Lol... happy weekend smiley
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by robosky02(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2017
midehi2:

Lol... happy weekend smiley

same to you dear

how is the groove
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by midehi2(f): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2017
robosky02:

same to you dear

how is the groove
cool
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by robosky02(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2017
midehi2:

cool

what the latest dream interpretation for this week end cheesy
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by midehi2(f): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
robosky02:

what the latest dream interpretation for this week end cheesy
hahahaha! none oo cheesy
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
What about the other Igbos? P-Square etc
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Promismike(m): 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok. Simi remains a better singer[color=][/color] grin

3 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
The Person that made that statement de crezz !
Simi
Cynthia Morgan
Yemi Alade
Asa

abeg watin be that woman name were sing Akanchawa ?

Add her.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by doubled123(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
Doro na giver
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Haphard(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Keneking:
What about the other Igbos? P-Square etc

The poster said female not male, stop reasoning with your nose

31 Likes

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by addikt(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hmmm, maybe, but I guess YEMI ALADE follows..
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Haphard:

The poster said female not male, stop reasoning with your nose

Yes I read your nonsense comment grin

1 Like

Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by Samrj: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
grin u serious fellow
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by moorevic(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
I haven't had that name matobo before.
Re: 'Tiwa Savage Is The Only Female Artiste Celebrated In Nigeria' – Bonang by 5starmilitant: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
We have only 2 female artistes in Nigeria. They are:
1. Tiwa Savage.
2. All other female artistes.
Tiwa Savage is the only female artistes in Nigeria, whose songs competes with the songs of the male artistes.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mimi Orjiekwe's Gift From Her Ex-Boyfriend In 2012 Now Worth 60k Dollars / Yung6ix: Only Broke Guys Complain That Women Like Money / "Baba Suwe Is Not DEAD" - Mr Latin Cries Out After Fake Rumors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.