Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/17 (615 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/07/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/07/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/17 by dallyemmy: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 30TH JULY, 2017

THEME: DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS II

Memorise:

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 1 Timothy 6:11

Read: 1 Timothy 6:6-11

6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

On the 23rd of this month, we established that financial storms can breed hatred and discrimination against the poor, and even make them contemplate suicide. Beyond these, financial storm can lead to a situation where people would resort to doing unimaginable things to survive a few more days, weeks or months, just like it happened in Samaria, where people began to eat their own children (2 Kings 6:26-29). When you speak of such scenarios, some people think this can never happen; but not too long ago in Nigeria, a woman was caught after selling her child just to get some money for food. This is almost the same as eating one’s child. When she was arrested, she begged everyone to listen to her story first before judging her. She said she decided to sell her child because she could no longer afford to feed herself and her child. She reasoned that whoever bought the child would feed her, thereby increasing her chances of survival. She explained that if she kept the child, they would both die of hunger, and that from the proceeds of selling her child, at least for a while, her own chances of survival would increase also. She probably never thought that her child could be killed and used for rituals!

Moreover, financial storms drive some people to consult the devil and swallow charms in their desperate bid to prosper. Some of such people are compelled to go to the graveyard at a specific period every month to eat there in order to sustain their wealth. The fear of poverty has really led many people into unthinkable and damnable things they would never have attempted with a sane mind. It is most unfortunate that many believers have allowed themselves to be caught in this same evil net. 1 Timothy 6:9 says,

“But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.”

God has a plan for everyone who comes to Him. In that plan, there is provision to meet all of their needs. However, to partake of the benefits of that divine provision, every child of God would have to follow certain divine principles. In Matthew 6:24-34, Jesus gives the blueprint for this, based on which you would have to focus on God and His Kingdom. If you do this faithfully, then God will make you His focus. It is unfortunate that several people prefer to focus on their needs at the expense of their relationship with God; they keep drifting further away from God’s sure place of provision. If you have drifted away from God in your search for bread, retrace your steps today!

Prayer Point:

Father, by Your mercy, terminate every financial storm in my life and family today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 8
Ezekiel 17: 11-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
[Refrain]

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
[Refrain]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
[Refrain]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/17 by dupsai(f): 6:35am On Jul 30, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Sunday, July 30, 2017) - DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS 2

1.Thank you, Father, for your promise to supply all my needs, according to your riches in glory, by Christ Jesus.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, release upon my life, the spirit of godliness, with contentment, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, remove from my heart, the love of money, which is the root of all evil, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, let every spirit of covetousness and greed, in my life, be consumed by your fire, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, don't let me fall into temptation or snare, that men who desire to be rich at all costs, fall into; in Jesus' name.

7.Father, deliver me from hurtful and foolish lusts, that have drowned men in destruction and perdition, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, give me the grace, to seek first your kingdom and righteousness, and as l do, let all that l require to succeed, in life, be added unto me, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, by Your mercy, terminate every financial storm in my life and family today, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, give me the grace, never to focus my attention on my needs, at the expense of my relationship with you, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, do not allow financial storms to push me into cutting corners, or to compromise my faith, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

2 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/17 by dallyemmy: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2017
God bless you!
dupsai:
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Sunday, July 30, 2017) - DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS 2

1.Thank you, Father, for your promise to supply all my needs, according to your riches in glory, by Christ Jesus.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, release upon my life, the spirit of godliness, with contentment, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, remove from my heart, the love of money, which is the root of all evil, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, let every spirit of covetousness and greed, in my life, be consumed by your fire, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, don't let me fall into temptation or snare, that men who desire to be rich at all costs, fall into; in Jesus' name.

7.Father, deliver me from hurtful and foolish lusts, that have drowned men in destruction and perdition, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, give me the grace, to seek first your kingdom and righteousness, and as l do, let all that l require to succeed, in life, be added unto me, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, by Your mercy, terminate every financial storm in my life and family today, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, give me the grace, never to focus my attention on my needs, at the expense of my relationship with you, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, do not allow financial storms to push me into cutting corners, or to compromise my faith, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

You Worship The Devil !!! / Are There Sins That Cannot Be Pardoned? / Pastor Walks On Members, Says His To Holy To Touch The Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.