Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Thread For Toyota Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Cars (1041 Views)

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Toyota Cars by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
I've seen a number of threads for different car brands except for Toyota. Although, I'm a new car owner, I'm willing to learn and I respectfully and humbly want to persuade the car users, gurus or not, to share tips and experiences right here.
Re: Thread For Toyota Cars by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
shocked I thought there was a thread like that o
There is!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1172542/thread-toyota-users-lovers/16#58078581
Re: Thread For Toyota Cars by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
I use a Toyota corolla hatchback and recently it has been a bumpy and bouncy ride whenever I use it. I learnt it's my shock absorber retiring. Please, how long can I used the car until I get new absorbers as I really want new ones not TOKUNBO.
Re: Thread For Toyota Cars by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
NgcoboP:
shocked I thought there was a thread like that o

I've actually try looking for one but to no avail. Do you use a Toyota?

I see but that seems to have ceased responding to questions
Re: Thread For Toyota Cars by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
As drivers, we know it’s important to maintain our vehicles. But between work, the kids and the dozens of other things we’d rather be doing, basic car maintenance can often fall to the wayside. But did you know that taking care of your vehicle not only helps it perform better; it also could mean money in the bank for you.

From better fuel efficiency to retaining your car’s value, these simple car maintenance tips will have you seeing green in no time:

1) Don’t skip scheduled service.

Check your owner’s guide and find out when your scheduled car maintenance services are. Usually maintenance involves checking or replacing parts like spark plugs, wires and timing belts. Down the line, other major parts may need replacing in order to keep your vehicle running efficiently and safely. While it may cost a little more, scheduling service through your dealer not only guarantees genuine parts and expertise; it also keeps your service history in line and up to date, which will attract more buyers and higher prices when it comes to selling your car.

2) Replace the air filter.

Think of it as your car’s lungs. By replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles with carbureted engines, you can improve your car's fuel economy and acceleration by a few percent under normal replacement conditions. Additionally, replacing clogged air filters on newer cars can help improve acceleration time.

3) Get an oil change.

This is one of the simplest car maintenance services you can do to keep your vehicle in good running condition. Not maintaining it could void your warranty (check your
Owner’s Manual to find out when you’re due for service) and even cause an engine failure, which can cost thousands. Keeping your cooling system in working order is also important. So this is also a good time to have a system flush. Getting the pump, hoses, fluids and belts checked is also part of proper cooling-system maintenance.

4) Check your tire pressure.

Invest a few bucks in a tire gauge and check your tire pressure regularly (including the often-overlooked spare!). This helps to improve fuel efficiency, cut down on tire wear and tear and lets you know if your vehicle is correctly aligned.

5) Wash it.

Washing not only keeps your vehicle looking good; it's also a good way to maintain that new-car finish. Allowing a layer of dead bugs, bird droppings, dirt and chemicals to accumulate on your vehicle can strip away wax and eventually paint. If you decide to wash your car yourself, don’t use household cleaning agents like hand soap, dishwashing detergent or glass cleaner, which can also strip off the protective wax. Use a product designed specifically for cars.
Trying to remember which scheduled maintenance is approaching and when it needs to be done can be a daunting task.

Copied

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Cars by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
ABS keeps showing on my dashboard?
what does it mean and what can I do about it?
Re: Thread For Toyota Cars by CarReg(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2017
New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle Papers Renewal @carreg

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Access the various vehicle particulars services on: https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html or call us on 09090144706

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Used Toyota Corolla 2005 For Sale@ 1.3m / Shoprite Is Giving Away 22 Brand New Cars As It Celebrates Birthday / Why Is The Porsche 911 Called 911?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.