Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash (877 Views)

Madonna White Daughter Looks Like Trash / 20 Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash / 11 Nigerian Celebrities Who Treat Their Pets Like Royalty (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash by Danix7(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
When you're rich and famous, it's not hard to lose sight of the little people. While it can't be easy to be the center of attention, celebrities have the choice to either be cool about their fans' overzealous adulation or to be a total celebri-jerk about it. Here are some stars who, allegedly, have done some pretty terrible things to us pathetic, regular people.
Rihanna is a rude girl, at least to some fans. "My coworker won free tickets and backstage passes to see Rihanna about a year after they were first playing 'Umbrella' on the radio," a former fan told Thought Catalog. "When her kids finally got the chance to go meet Rihanna, she was sitting at her makeup booth and refused to face them, or even look at them. When they asked for her autograph, she told the closest backup dancer to forge it for them and shooed them away."
#1. Rihanna

In 2014, Rihanna posted a frowny face on Twitter and linked to a picture of a 16-year-old fan's prom dress, which was similar to a Wile E. Coyote-inspired costume the singer wore to an awards show a few years earlier. She tweeted (via The Huffington Post), "Dark Thot Rises" and "#prombat" in response to the unitard and shared the bullying image with tens of millions of people, alienating countless fans, and completely ruining one fan's prom memories. We had to look up "thot," and it's not nice.
#2. Christian Bale
Bale has been caught on tape berating crew members on set, and he was arrested for freaking out at family members during a press tour, so his anger issues are common knowledge. However, the actor's so-called former PR agent alleges the Black Knight's behavior towards fans is even worse, recounting an instance when Bale berated little girls to tears after they'd asked him for an autograph, and another event that involved Bale faxing a fan an elaborate death threat involving a screwdriver. Bale was never charged for the threat, nor his crimes against Batman's voice.
#3. Michael Jordan
The legends of Jordan's rudeness and competitiveness are legion, but none stand out more than when rapper Chamillionaire asked Jordan for a photograph. According to Chamillionaire's interview with the Madd Hatta Morning Show in 2015, the rapper bought a Jordan jersey at a charity event for $15,000, but when he asked for a photo with no. 23, Jordan reportedly said, "I don't take pictures with n****'s" and told Chamillionaire to pay him $15k in exchange for a photo. Chamillionaire declined.
#4. Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber: where to begin. The pop kid has acted atrociously toward his Beliebers. He allegedly spit on fans from a balcony in Toronto, Canada, mooned others at historic Mayan ruins in Mexico, and desecrated an Argentinian flag handed to him by a fan. And that's just the tip of his tantrums. There are numerous reports and videos of Justin losing his cool with fans, and then, in 2016, he declared on Instagram (via Time) that he was no longer going to take pictures with fans because he "feels like a zoo animal," adding, "I realize people will be disappointed but I don't owe anybody a picture." Okay, well, if the Biebs wanted self-aware, highly restrained fans, maybe he shouldn't have targeted young girls. They're not exactly known for their restraint.
#5. Ariana Grande
Pop starlet Ariana Grande managed to not only alienate most of her fans, but an entire country when she stated, "I hate Americans. I hate America" on July 4, 2015 in a California doughnut shop. She also licked pastries she didn't buy. Her egregious behavior was caught on the shop's security camera. The singer was subsequently nixed from performing at a White House event, reported Us Weekly, despite multiple public apologies.

#6. Bruce Willis
It's pretty common knowledge among movie buffs that Bruce Willis is a notoriously difficult actor to work with, based on stories told by everyone from Kevin Smith to Sylvester Stallone, but fans' personal stories reflect more of the same. According to a report on MeanStars, Willis allegedly scolded a couple of kids in a mall food court for recognizing him and pointing him out, though why a child would recognize Willis for anything seems unusual these days.
#7. Cameron Diaz
Cameron Diaz is notoriously reluctant to sign autographs, and she's apparently even against interacting with fans when it's part of the job. Witnesses told Radar Online that the actress was not interested in the fans at a fan premiere of Sex Tape (2014), "It's not like the fans were following them at a hotel or restaurant, it was a film premiere with fans," the insider said. "When Cameron was spotted, she…refused the fans [photos and autographs] telling them, 'If I did it for you, I'd have have to do it for everyone,' before storming off."

The source noted that even if she "did it for everyone," it probably wouldn't have taken long. "Cameron was as unfriendly as can be and it was really disappointing…There were literally only four of five fans waiting and asking for them when they left. It was not a huge crowd and would have taken less time for them to sign an autograph or take a picture rather than giving a lecture about not doing it."
#8. Jason Segel
Diaz's Sex Tape (2014) co-star, Jason Segel, didn't fare much better at the very same event. Though other fans have said he's pretty jovial, that fateful night in July 2014, spectators say his "attitude was disgusting," according to Radar Online. "When a 20-something fan asked Jason for a photo as he left the premiere he said, 'no' and literally slammed the car door right in the fan's face," a source said. "People gasped, that's how bad it was…Jason was downright nasty to his fans."
#9. Kate Winslet
During a 2012 movie promotion with Kate Winslet, the Titanic (1997) damsel reportedly blew off locals who waited hours in the rain to meet her. "[Winslet was] so rude, she never once acknowledged any of us, I was devastated," local resident Shanna Swan told OK!. "She gave dirty looks to people in my town who waited hours to see her."
#10. Britney Spears
Don't expect much from a meet-and-greet with Britney Spears. One disappointed fan told OK!, "Fans were told before the meet-and-greet that they were not to hug or touch Britney without her permission and they weren't allowed to bring her any gifts. And then once they finally got to meet her it was like smile, take a photo, goodbye. Each person literally got like three seconds with her. She barely spoke."
#11. Jamie Foxx
One Redditor had a bad experience with actor Django Unchained (2012) actor Jamie Foxx. "Several years ago, when Stealth [2005] was coming out, they held the premiere at the Naval Air Station in San Diego. They gave a few tickets to the event to the ships that were in port at the time and I was lucky enough to get a pair. Before the showing of the movie, everyone was mingling around and socializing. Jessica Biel, Josh Lucas, the director, producers, and everyone else involved in the picture were very gracious and friendly. Everyone, that is, except Jamie Foxx, who sat in his seat the entire time with his sunglasses on and didn't want to be bothered…He could've shook some hands and been cordial, but he didn't." Maybe he can blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol.

Re: Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash by joshing(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash by ebukahandsome(m): 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
#5 hushpuppy
Re: Celebrities Who Treat Their Fans Like Trash by Danix7(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2017

(1) (Reply)

What's Not Wrong With BBN Efe Ejeba Smashing Blue Attire / Amber Rose Shares Lingerie Photo While Waiting For Her Bae / Adorable Pics Of Jim Iyke Having Fun In Zambia As Popular Dallas City Hosts Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.