Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? (663 Views)

Men Changing Their Clothes For A Wedding On Festac Road" (Photos) / World's Most Expensive Bras And Handbag Fot ₦4.88Billion, ₦1.3Billion (Photos) / 5 Ways To Make Cheap Clothes Look Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by gbengalite(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2017
Well, if I were a parent, I'd have to say: It depends.

My initial gut feeling when I read this question was, "Of course not-total waste of money". But after thinking about it, I'm not completely sure that saying "waste of money" all the time is really a good answer IF you have the means to pay for the clothing. Of course, if you can't afford it, well, that's it-you get what you can afford to get.

I never saw the point of buying toddlers and young children expensive clothing for the following reasons:

1. They don't care. They are babies.
2. They will get them dirty, spit up on them, pee/poop in them, spill food/drink on them.
3. They will grow out of them very quickly.

Places like Lastprice, konga, JC Penney, Target have cute and presentable clothes that are affordable.
Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by gbengalite(m): 7:34am On Jul 30, 2017
For older kids, there is a better case for it because they at least are AWARE the item is expensive, they actually care to some degree about what they look like, and presumably have the maturity level to care for it properly.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by Kondomatic(m): 7:34am On Jul 30, 2017
How about you wait until you become a parent before forming opinion??
Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by tayebest(m): 7:47am On Jul 30, 2017
hustling hard to cater for my offspring to outshine others! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by Ehiscotch(m): 8:13am On Jul 30, 2017
Wetin we no go hear again?
Wetin una no go ask?
I have seen enough already on Nairaland. Prayer before sex. Thank you after sex. And a bunch of weird questions.
Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by memories1(f): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
Why(ever) not Why do you work so hard & smart to make money if you can't splurge every now and then to have your children looking good?
Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by gbengalite(m): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kondomatic:
How about you wait until you become a parent before forming opinion??

YES SIR
Re: Should Parents Buy Their Children Expensive Clothes? by gbengalite(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2017
memories1:
Why(ever) not Why do you work so hard & smart to make money if you can't splurge every now and then to have your children looking good?
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How To Determine Gucci Replica Belts? / Tricks To Styling A Polka-dot Shirt / For Makeup Sellers Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.