Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

5 Reasons Men Should Wear Pink In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Reasons Men Should Wear Pink In Nigeria? (554 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow This 2019 / Upcoming Artistes: 5 Reasons You Should See Music As Business And Not Fun / Dear Up & Coming Artists: 5 Reasons You Don't Need A Record Label To Blow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Men Should Wear Pink In Nigeria? by Rihanne1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigerian Songster RiRi was spotted wearing much pink lately even when he visited his mother's home town Araya, and a lot of people from Araya kingdom describe him by calling him "Mr Pink", so when ask how he feels he said its more comfortable than any other color to him.

Q:RiRi you have been putting on pinks a lot, is that right?

RiRi:yeah

Q:knowing do well that Nigerians don't find it funny with men putting on pink, how do you feel about that?

RiRi:well,that have got nothing to do with what I love doing, I've always come across telling me pink is for girls alone and black is meant for boys, to me that's not true at all, I love pinks a lot,even my room is designed in pink, my bathroom, my house entirely is all in pink, even my car is in pink, so you see... Some will even call you gay but I don't care at all, I love all colors but pink is more beautiful to me.

What’s that guy over there wearing?

Some style he’s got…

Pink, seriously?

Real men don’t wear PINK!

If that’s how you feel about the color, reality check:

Pink has made a comeback in men’s style.

This color has a history which most men are unaware of.

Whatever point of view about pink being “unmanly” – it’s dying away.

So don’t be left behind! Here are five valid reasons to wear pink.

Click here To Watch The Video On YouTube – Is Pink Masculine?

1. Pink Used To Be Masculine & Popular Among Guys

History tells us that pink wasn’t always a feminine color. The director of The Museum at the Fashion Institute Technology, Valerie Steele takes it back to the 18th century. Men were known to wear pink silk suits that had floral embroideries.

Those outfits were considered very masculine at that time. Steele also mentions how pink was considered a “warlike color” since it was a “diminutive of red.” This fashion and way of thinking got lost as society changed.

The early 1900s saw the very first pink dress shirt – designed by Brooks Brothers – become a hit. It was initially meant to target female students but it caught on more with college guys. The shirt suited their so-called Ivy League look.

These examples prove how trends come and go, making way for what’s new or original. But then again… in this day and age where we see the return of dark lipstick and long hair – who knows what can happen to pink? Who’s to say it won’t become masculine again? Chances are good.

2. You’re No Longer A Child Who Needs “Boys’ Clothes”

If there’s anyone to blame for making pink a “girly” color – it’s the clothing businesses from way back. They made that decision before most of us were even born.

Pink and blue weren’t originally gender-specific colors. They were often used together for infants’ clothes and accessories (pink represented rosy cheeks and youth) UNTIL manufacturers in the ‘60s and ‘70s got greedy.

Parents started to know a child’s sex from an earlier age. So companies capitalized on this and introduced gender-specific clothing. This would mean that parents could no longer hand down a baby girl’s clothes to a baby boy and vice versa. They’d have to buy a second set. So the tradition of “pink is for girls” and “blue is for boys” began.

But here’s the thing – you’re not a young boy anymore. You’ve outgrown those blue pajamas and other boys’ clothes. You can wear what any guy wears… in any color that works. Who says pink isn’t allowed when there are pink shirts, trousers and ties for adult men? It was a myth all along – driven by capitalism.

3. Pink Catches Women’s Attention

We know women adore pink. It appears they’ve always loved it – even when it was considered masculine. But did you know our biology can sort of explain why?

Research reveals that the “pinkifcation” of girls’ clothing and toys might’ve been caused by innate preferences. Among people who like the color blue, women lean towards reddish-purple hues of blue while men prefer greenish-yellow ones.

The theory behind this difference is our evolutionary “division of labor.” Back in the day, men were hunters while women gathered – so picking red fruit from green leafy areas was women’s specialty. And that connects to their love for pink.

What does this mean for men? Well society may have evolved but biology hasn’t (at least not totally). Women like men in pink – some even say they love them! – simply because they’re attracted to pink. So forget all that pink-is-girly nonsense. Pink gets you the ladies. Period.

4. You Stand Out & Become More Powerful

Pink has been used to represent power. Pink ribbons were given to those who ran in the New York survivor race in 1991 – sponsored by the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

A year later, the same kind of ribbon became the official symbol for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Valerie Steele said other events throughout the ‘90s and 2000s brought of pinks.

5.It Is A Fashion Statement
Nigerian songbird RiRi is always on pink, so when ask how he feels in pink he said its the most coolest color for guys in Nigeria to move on with. In Nigeria they will call you gay when wearing pink but I don't mind it at all.

Re: 5 Reasons Men Should Wear Pink In Nigeria? by taylor88(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
dope

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Things You Never Knew About Hip-hop’s In America (history) / HURRY UP!!! Skynaijamusic Are Offering Free Music & Video Promotion For 7 Days / Wo -olamide Ft Dolajay Ft Musicboi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.