Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Trace This Ip Pls - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Trace This Ip Pls (1424 Views)

How To Trace An Ip Address To A Physical Address / How To Trace An IP Address To A Physical Address / How Can You Trace An I.p Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trace This Ip Pls by JUO(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2010
the message from this address is this

Dearest,
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail. How is your day?. Mine was hot over here in Dakar Senegal, i will not forget to say happy new year. My name is Daniella martins(23) single and never married, i am from Liberia in west Africa and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country. My late father Dr Martins Duke was chairman managing director MARTINS INDUSTRIES COMPANY LTD, in Monrovia and he is also the personal adviser to the former head of state before the rebels attacked our house one early morning killed my mother and my father. It was only me that is alive now and i managed to make my way to near by country Senegal where i am living now as a refugee, i came to this site in search of love and care which i have never recived since the ugly incedents that makes me an orphan.I would like to know more about you. Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture, your lovely one Daniella
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by chakaz(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2010
Naija boiz @ work?
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2010
@poster
this ip is located in the US, California and precisely near the city of Sunnyvale so this is definitely a scam!!!!!!
but hey, do you really think they have internet cafes in refugee camps?!

just goodle IP LOCATOR, there are hundreds out there, just put the ip adress and click search. . . . . . .  et voila
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by tomiade1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ mrbrown. . .thanks man! learnt something!
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by chidyke77(m): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
I pity for people that might hv fallen to the same prey,am saying ths coz i hv received dat mail nt less than five times by diff email addres to my mail addr.
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Tudor6(f): 3:23am On Feb 10, 2010
Big mistake, ip locators aren't exactly accurate. Besides with just a few tweaks on my system control panel i can change my IP and so can many other people too. . .ever heard of anonymous web surfing?
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by mamagee3(f): 3:27am On Feb 10, 2010
It sounds like what Honeric01 would send.
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Horus(m): 5:55am On Feb 10, 2010
This Email a Scam but now scammers cannot hide their ip from the Nigerian police or any government agency because of the threat of terrorism and hacking and criminal 419 activity. They can use some tricks to try to change it but with new softwares available to the police they will never be able to hide definitely their ip. You can hide it from websites you visit but with a bit of work and a little checking they can trace your ip address through proxies and other "ip hiding" software.
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tudór:

Big mistake, ip locators aren't exactly accurate. Besides with just a few tweaks on my system control panel i can change my IP and so can many other people too. . .ever heard of anonymous web surfing?

so are you saying that the sender of this email COULD be genuine?! ROTFLMAO.

let me picture this:
the poster was in an internet cafe in a refugee camp in Senegal then decided to send a chain email BUT FIRST he changed his IP so it would look like he was sending it from the US. . . . . . hhmmm, very unlikely!
i guess you are one of the smart ones, tudor!

yes anybody can tweak their IP but by the look of this email, the person who posted it didnt.

also another tool that people can use is a EMAIL TRACKER. its a software/tool that attach a tracker on your emails and will tell you exactly WHERE the receiver is and at what time they open that email. some tracker would even tell you who they forwarded your message to.
just google FREE EMAIL TRACKER  et voila!!!!! or check this one out  at www.readnotify.com (tried and loved it). . . . . .  so next time you receive a chain email, you can reply to them with a tracked email and you will know EXACTLY where that mofo is located.

open your eyes people!!!!!
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Tudor6(f): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so are you saying that the sender of this email COULD be genuine?! ROTFLMAO.

let me picture this:
the poster was in an internet cafe in a refugee camp in Senegal then decided to send a chain email BUT FIRST he changed his IP so it would look like he was sending it from the US. . . . . .  hhmmm, very unlikely!
i guess you are  one of the smart ones, tudor!

yes anybody can tweak their IP but by the look of this email, the person who posted it didnt.

also another tool that people can use is a EMAIL TRACKER. its a software/tool that attach a tracker on your emails and will tell you exactly WHERE the receiver is and at what time they open that email. some tracker would even tell you who they forwarded your message to.
just google FREE EMAIL TRACKER  et voila!!!!! or check this one out  at www.readnotify.com (tried and loved it). . . . . .  so next time you receive a chain email, you can reply to them with a tracked email and you will know EXACTLY where that mofo is located.

open your eyes people!!!!!

Dude are you sure it was MY post you read?

Well let me exppantiate. . . . The using the ip locator or tracker to find out the locality of the email sender or scammer in this case is unreliable simply because the displayed IP might not be his. Simple.

There are many ways to change, disguise and hide IPs.
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tudór:

Well let me exppantiate. . . . The using the ip locator or tracker to find out the locality of the email sender or scammer in this case is unreliable simply because the displayed IP might not be his. Simple.

some people are slow so i will try to speak slowly so you can understand.
it doesnt matter whose IP it is, at the end of the day the poster sent his email through an IP in the US stating that he was in Senegal, BUSTED, what more do you need?

by the way only crooks/criminals and people who have something to hide would want to change their IP. . . . . . . . . . or people who want to view HULU vids outside the US (but i am sure thats not what this "refugee camp resident" would change his ip for).

an IP locator is not acurate in the fact that it cant pinpoint exactly in which city street the person is but it will give you a close match like wich country, which area of that country etc or come up inconclusive (use 3 different locator to make sure).

so that location is NOT wrong, what is wrong is that some people on NL like yourself still want people to believe that this email could actually be coming from a "real" refugee camp in Senegal lol.
come on!!!!!
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
children stop arguing, uncle is having a big headache grin grin grin grin

just to clear any doubts, actually, i can effectively hide my ip address such that u WILL NOT, UNLESS U ARE A GENIUS WORKING AT LANGLEY, trace my location accurately. no matter what u try. even the guys at langley need certain things that probably they have to steal by hacking someone somewhere. its what it is.

it will take time and u would no meet me online anyway. grin grin

pls, dont play games with ur gsm fones, masts are easily traced grin grin grin grin grin when they find their way to mtn or zain, one phone call to threaten them and they will give up ur location grin grin grin grin grin grin

its a bit different when u meet me online and we can go back and forth btw ourselves but still, u go try.

the issue is wanting a particular country ip, thats where it gets tricky. scammers want to be from us or uk or wherever they like, i dont mind if i show up as guantanamo bay, grin grin grin grin grin

its possible, yes no dispute, but i do not do yahoo, and i learnt that just for kicks ., i hardly ever even try it
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Tudor6(f): 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

some people are slow so i will try to speak slowly so you can understand.
it doesnt matter whose IP it is, at the end of the day the poster sent his email through an IP in the US stating that he was in Senegal, BUSTED, what more do you need?

by the way only crooks/criminals and people who have something to hide would want to change their IP. . . . . . . . . . or people who want to view HULU vids outside the US (but i am sure thats not what this "refugee camp resident" would change his ip for).

an IP locator is not acurate in the fact that it cant pinpoint exactly in which city street the person is but it will give you a close match like wich country, which area of that country etc or come up inconclusive (use 3 different locator to make sure).

so that location is NOT wrong, what is wrong is that some people on NL like yourself still want people to believe that this email could actually be coming from a "real" refugee camp in Senegal lol.
come on!!!!!

Do you read posts with your eyes or your tongue?

Where in my post did I ever suggest the rubbish highlighted above?

Some people are slow indeed. . .simple statement "ip locators aren't exactly reliable" has now turned to "its a refugee from senegal". . Geez!

Where did I ever claim the email was legitimate? Every mo.ron can see that email is scam.

I only questioned the posters rationale of trying to locate the sender through the displayed i.p as such can and would most likely be manipulated/hidden/disguised/routed/etc.
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
you must have memory loss, here is what you wrote:
using the ip locator or tracker to find out the locality of the email sender or scammer in this case is unreliable simply because the displayed IP might not be his. Simple.
if i think like you then no IP would ever be credible since anyone at anytime could change/hide their ip. . . . . . . what we are searching is for the location of the Ip given by the poster not to dwell on ifs buts and maybes

maybe the scammer changed/hid his IP, correct but the locator is not wrong. this IP address is located in the US.
the important question is: is the scammer there?! we dont know but he sure aint in Senegal. . . . . . unless he changed his ip for fear that the poster rat him out to the liberian militia who are after him.

1) poster SIMPLY asked to locate an ip because he/she received a letter claiming that the sender is located in a refugee camp in Senegal.

2) mrbrownjay tells the poster that this ip address is located in the US and that its a scam.

3) Tudor come in and replies "Big mistake, ip locators aren't exactly accurate. Besides with just a few tweaks on my system control panel i can change my IP and so can many other people too. . .ever heard of anonymous web
surfing?

so you shouldnt have said that it was a "big mistake", you should have said: "you are right but this guy could be anywhere else in the world (which would still make him a scammer btw)

the IP given by the poster is located in the US, California precisely. . . . . FACT
the sender claimed the email originated from Senegal but thats a lie. . . . . FACT
if the sender of this email is not located in a refugee camp in Senegal then this email is definitely a scam. . . . . . FACT

so my little mind concludes that if Tudor claims that its a "big" mistakes" to say so then either:
1) the big mistake is that the IP locator is not accurate and that the sender of this email might be in Australia or UK instead (either way, he is still a scammer)
2) the big mistake is that the ip locator reading was wrong and the sender is actually in the refugee camp in Senegal and therefore the email is genuine.

so pls, care to elaborate which it is then?
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
make una carry una fight go romance section o jare!! una no dey hear word? why does this have to degenerate into mudslinging match?

if una don toast una sef b4, then u berra deal with it and stop all this palavar. this is comp section o!!!!
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by hymen(f): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
[center]MrBrownJay obviously likes shemales tongue[/center]
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by youngestpr(m): 12:59am On Feb 12, 2010
Its really a scam from naija here. God have mercy on these people
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by mbanusick(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
My friend has been sent what seems to be a replica of this mail, huh, refugee camp indeed smiley
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by mikesleek(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
Whats the arguement and ig english speaking all about. Basically, one can change IPs that is not in contention at all. But in senegal or where ever, they have cybercafes and dependent on where the ISP of the cybercafe is, the IP follows suit. If i get my service from Gilat, then there is greater posiblity my IP would be from Isreal. But for the records, i'm sure we all the the email was a scam email, so don't look a second time at it. Tracing users to PC in africa and Nigeria especially is a 60 to 40 chance. Good enough, the introduction of personal internet modems and GPS is helping to curb that, but those who cannot afford to get these still use public terminals like cybercafes. So please remind me, how do you trace them, by IP?
Re: Trace This Ip Pls by Tudor6(f): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2010
*sighs*. . . Let me ask you, unto what end does the poster request to trace the email address if not to locate the scammer?

Well let me exppantiate. . . . The using the ip locator or tracker to find out the locality of the email sender or scammer in this case is unreliable simply because the displayed IP  might not be his. Simple.

What part of the bolded above do you not understand?
MRbrownJAY:

you must have memory loss, here is what you wrote:if i think like you then no IP would ever be credible since anyone at anytime could change/hide their ip. . . . . . . what we are searching is for the location of the Ip given by the poster not to dwell on ifs buts and maybes

maybe the scammer changed/hid his IP, correct but the locator is not wrong. this IP address is located in the US.
the important question is: is the scammer there?! we dont know but he sure aint in Senegal. . . . . . unless he changed his ip for fear that the poster rat him out to the liberian militia who are after him.

1) poster SIMPLY asked to locate an ip because he/she received a letter claiming that the sender is located in a refugee camp in Senegal.

2) mrbrownjay tells the poster that this ip address is located in the US and that its a scam.

3) Tudor come in and replies "Big mistake, ip locators aren't exactly accurate. Besides with just a few tweaks on my system control panel i can change my IP and so can many other people too. . .ever heard of anonymous web
surfing?

so you shouldnt have said that it was a "big mistake", you should have said: "you are right but this guy could be anywhere else in the world (which would still make him a scammer btw)

the IP given by the poster is located in the US, California precisely. . . . .  FACT
the sender claimed the email originated from Senegal but thats a lie. . . . . FACT
if the sender of this email is not located in a refugee camp in Senegal then this email is definitely a scam. . . . . . FACT

so my little mind concludes that if Tudor claims that its a "big" mistakes" to say so then either:
1) the big mistake is that the IP locator is not accurate and that the sender of this email might be in Australia or UK instead (either way, he is still a scammer)
2) the big mistake is that the ip locator reading was wrong and the sender is actually in the refugee camp in  Senegal and therefore the email is genuine.

so pls, care to elaborate which it is then?
howbout
3) big mistake! The ip might not be registered to the scammer but actually belongs to an innocent dude out there not aware his ip is being used to perpetuate fraud and as such using the ip locator to as it were 'track' the scammer is unreliable.

(1) (Reply)

Free Internet Browsing For All Network / Buy Your Original Software / Antivirus / Brand New 1 Terabite External Hard Drive- N14,000(SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.