Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). (791 Views)

Factors That Hinders The Acceptance Of Prayer / Shortening And Combining Prayers While Traveling / The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by AbuUbayy1(m): 7:20am On Jul 31, 2017
Now that another Batch of Corps Members are in their various orientation camps, the below article is useful.
QASR DURING SERVICE YEAR
A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE DURATION IN WHICH A TRAVELLER IS ALLOWED TO OBSERVE QASR WHILE ON A JOURNEY
INTRODUCTION
Qasr has been technically defined as the shortening of the obligatory prayers of four Rakats to two Rakats while on a journey. This is enjoyed by travellers alone. It is only applicable to Zuhr, Asr and Ishai prayers. There are avalanche of evidences for its legality in Al-Qur’an, As-Sunnah and the deeds of our pious predecessors(Salaf). Imam Ibn Qudamah in his book Al-Mughni volume 3 page 105 has even reported the consensus of the Muslim scholars that a traveller is allowed to shorten four Rakats prayers to two Rakats.
There are certain rulings surrounding the observance of this Qasr such as traveling di­stance for Qasr, where does Qasr start, the duration for Qasr among others. It is on these rulings surrounding the Qasr that Muslim jurists have presented divergent views. One of such rulings where much controversy has been expressed is the duration for which Qasr lapses. The question of how many days can a traveller observes Qasr after which he will complete Salat thus arises. The issue of the du­ration in which Qasr lapses has also generated a lot of arguments and controversies at different NYSC orientation camps among the Muslim corps members participating in the NYSC scheme on whether they can observe Qasr throughout the camp exercise or not? The writer of this article experienced this too during his NYSC camp activities and thereafter. Many questions relating to this have been asked by Muslim corps members especially those who have read my books: “ Travellers Guide” and “Facing the Challenges of the NYSC Scheme”. On the 22/04/2007 , a Muslim corps member from Ebonyi State asked this question through text message: “What is the duration for which a traveller is allowed to pray Qasr?”. Another corps member on 01/05/2009 asked: “ Should Qasr and Jam’u(combination of two Salat) be observed during and after camp?” These are just parts of those questions being ra­ised.
I now deem it fit to write something on the issue hopefully that Allah(S.W.T) through it may guide some Muslims (especially Muslim graduates participating in NYSC) to what is closer to His will.
....Continue Reading here; https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1077944182305043&id=100002684133471&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.693505090843282%3Atl_objid.693505090843282%3Athid.100005513925691%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1501570799%3A1562252852749126282&__tn__=%2AsH-R
Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2017
YOU HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM... WHY IS IT THAT ALL YOU DO QUOTE IS SCHOLARS? WHY DONT YOU EVER QUOTE RASUL? Simple qasr matter thats in sahih bukhari and muslim. . s0mething thats self explanatory. . u still quote alfa. . won sepe alfa fun e ni? abi which alfa say make una dey quote him sef? what u doing is bida. . 1. quote fr0m quran or hadith 2. then quote oro alfa to support ur stance.. lobatan.. chai..
Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by AbuUbayy1(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2017
AhluSunnah:
YOU HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM... WHY IS IT THAT ALL YOU DO QUOTE IS SCHOLARS? WHY DONT YOU EVER QUOTE RASUL? Simple qasr matter thats in sahih bukhari and muslim. . s0mething thats self explanatory. . u still quote alfa. . won sepe alfa fun e ni? abi which alfa say make una dey quote him sef? what u doing is bida. . 1. quote fr0m quran or hadith 2. then quote oro alfa to support ur stance.. lobatan.. chai..
La basa tohuru in sha Allaah....
@AbdelKabeer , pls come and carry your brother.
Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
AbuUbayy1:

I ask for proof u cant provide. . simple proof that jabata is what u said he is u cant provide.. ordinary proof fr0m quran and hadith to support ur stance u cant provide.. na just talk talk ..tshew.. i pity your life, you keep shouting.. just proof yourself right.. lobatan.. and abdulkabir aint my brother. .s0me0ne who prefers science finding to quran words aint my brother
Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by Kaytixy: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2017
AbuUbayy1:

brother you funny poo. grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by sarahade(f): 6:35am On Aug 05, 2017
AhluSunnah:
I ask for proof u cant provide. . simple proof that jabata is what u said he is u cant provide.. ordinary proof fr0m quran and hadith to support ur stance u cant provide.. na just talk talk ..tshew.. i pity your life, you keep shouting.. just proof yourself right.. lobatan.. and abdulkabir aint my brother. .s0me0ne who prefers science finding to quran words aint my brother
So who is your brother?
He's in Saudi Arabia or Iraq.
I pity you so islam teaches you to deny someone because their opinion is different from yours.
Na you go first enter paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2017
sarahade:

So who is your brother?
He's in Saudi Arabia or Iraq.
I pity you so islam teaches you to deny someone because their opinion is different from yours.
Na you go first enter paradise.
See.. ignorant.. thats what u are.. And please do not quote me again
Re: Muslim Corpers Read This!. Qasr (shortening Of Prayer While In Camp). by sarahade(f): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2017
AhluSunnah:
See.. ignorant.. thats what u are.. And please do not quote me again
You just described yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There A Marked Tomb For Usman Dan Fodio? / Salam Alaykum! / Igbo Man Presenting Islamic Programme On A TV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.